• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

I just got to the quest THE SPIRE. If I start it do I still come back to Albion at some point so can finish out a lot of the miscellaneous stuff?

i just realized that knothole is the deal of the week for 30% off. I guess i only have til tomorrow to decide if its worth it. is it? i dont have see the future either.

Hey just started playing this game yesterday. Would anyone be willing to help me out w/ the co-op achievements? Tag is TheInquistor. Thanks!

Also need to trade for the doll achievement if possible!

newsguy

I'm so LTTP with this one. About 3 hours in and I'm loving it. I'm no fan of RPGs and I despised Oblivion. I played the first fable about 2 hours and quit. For whatever reason this one is sucking me in. I like the world, I love my dog, I enjoy discovering caves and little hidden treasures. I think I'm getting older and actually learning to appreciate the escape that these games offer, but I don't think I'd like it if it were difficult or tedious like Oblivion.

The_Inquisitor said:
Hey just started playing this game yesterday. Would anyone be willing to help me out w/ the co-op achievements? Tag is TheInquistor. Thanks!

Also need to trade for the doll achievement if possible!
You're after those achievements aren't you?:lol

Been playing Fable 2 ever since the summer started. Is the DLC worth it?

Doodlebug

I attained a 5-star rating in blacksmithing, but after then taking a lengthy break from it I noticed it's only indicating a 4-star rating in the jobs section of the menu. Still, when I stand in front of the blacksmithing sign I see 5 filled stars and no “Required for promotion” value.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? It's not bothering me; I would just like to know if it's a common bug or not.

Doodlebug said:
I attained a 5-star rating in blacksmithing, but after then taking a lengthy break from it I noticed it's only indicating a 4-star rating in the jobs section of the menu. Still, when I stand in front of the blacksmithing sign I see 5 filled stars and no “Required for promotion” value.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? It's not bothering me; I would just like to know if it's a common bug or not.

Mine seems to kind of bob anywhere between 3 and 5 stars, even though I got 5 stars. No clue why. I got the achievement for it.

I just got an Elite and have been playing through this. I want to try out the Co-op stuff, so if anyone is down to play, my gamertag is BelligerentOC.

Good lord in
The spire when your just about to get on the boat with Garth you can hang back and the
guys continue to re-appear! Im going to be able to completely level up.

I have Time and Fire maxed out. What else should I focus on?

BruceLeeRoy said:
Good lord in
The spire when your just about to get on the boat with Garth you can hang back and the

The Spire
is not only my favorite level in the game, but it's one of my favorite levels out of this generation.

Doodlebug said:
I haven't used it much, but it shears off a decent chunk of health against a single target.

Okay ill just go for the wind one for now.

Dax01 said:
The Spire
is not only my favorite level in the game, but it's one of my favorite levels out of this generation.

I would have to completely agree. The atmosphere is really excellent as well. If the game was able to run the combat at a solid 60 fps or even 30 I think it could be some of the best combat of all time

Chris R

Just finished the main game yesterday. I knew I should have stayed far away from this one after the letdown that was Fable, but I'm an idiot. Peter won't fool me a third time though :lol

Not saying that the game is "bad" but just that it is more of a rental game than a pre-order game :( Graphics were either great, or looked like they came straight from the Xbox (Anti-Aliasing motherfucker, do you know what that is?) The story was mostly forgettable, other than this games aging element/segment (basically the only thing that I enjoyed the entire game). Game didn't even really have any funny moments, other than the bit towards the end with Reaver
and him killing everyone who is trying to capture his likeness

Jobs and sidequests were decent, but when the combat and interaction and world is so lifeless, what is the point? Oh yes! I got another trophy I can walk around and spam to different towns people because my renown is 5000 too low to continue with the main quest!

Combat was very simple, lack of any serious multitude of weapons and/or styles of killing shit. Also I kinda hated how the game was never really a challenge, though I guess I could play through the game again without ever spending any of my exp gained :| Relationships with various NPCs were extremely shallow, and the expression wheel could have used a lot more work. The final "boss" fight (where you actually fight) was decent, but nothing unique, and then everything that happened after that looked like a week long rush job trying to get the game out. Game would have been better IMO if it did end after that final real fight.

Again, not a horrible game, but just a rental for anyone thinking of picking it up. Solid C/C-/D+ game though.

mattso

I picked this up when it was on sale on amazon and have been having fun with it.

I started doing bounty hunter quests. I did one where I had to kill dudes in bowerstone cemetery and when I was done it prompted me to go find the guard who gave the quest as usual... except now he's gone. The gold line will show up on the way to where he is... but once I enter that area it disappears.

So... does that mean no more bounty hunter quests for me?

Mr. Sam

mattso said:
I picked this up when it was on sale on amazon and have been having fun with it.

I started doing bounty hunter quests. I did one where I had to kill dudes in bowerstone cemetery and when I was done it prompted me to go find the guard who gave the quest as usual... except now he's gone. The gold line will show up on the way to where he is... but once I enter that area it disappears.

So... does that mean no more bounty hunter quests for me?

I get that sometimes too. It fixes itself.

So, the only thing I need to 100% the game is to collect all of the Hero Dolls. I have all of them except for Lucien and Reaver, and will gladly give 3million gold for both, or if you prefer, I have some legendaries to trade: Hal's Rifle (HALO Assault Rifle), various Knothole Island/See the Future items, etc. Just send me a friend request or game invite. :D GT: A Real Puppet

For a while we were swapping around the full doll set on GAF... so someone must have them. I never got around to getting them either. =/

Keikoku

Banned
Dax01 said:
The Spire

That's odd, for me it's easily the worst part of the game.

Loved the rest of it though.

Ugh. The targeting in this game sucks. I'm trying to do The Blind Date quest, and it's hard to proposition men when women automatically get my character's "attention."

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Ugh. The targeting in this game sucks. I'm trying to do The Blind Date quest, and it's hard to proposition men when women automatically get my character's "attention."

You can proposition women as well and complete the quest.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Good lord in

Those 2 are the best. In fact, you don't even need Time at 5. Capping it at 3 will do. At lvl 3 you get enough time to unleash a lvl 5 fire which is enough to 1 hit kill almost anything in the game short of trolls, banshees, Spire captains and shards. The only other thing even worth getting is raise dead for distractions, even then at max lvl 2.

The reason why you cap some spells is that pressing a when holding the right trigger changes all spell levels to the level 1 spell, which can be annoying when you sprint/dodge after gathering experience. Capping them causes the levels higher than the one you cap them at to remain the order you want them at in case that happens.

Plus oversized glowing blue veins suck.

Psychotext said:
For a while we were swapping around the full doll set on GAF... so someone must have them. I never got around to getting them either. =/

I now have the full set, thanks to a random stranger's orb in Bowerstone Market. :lol If you'd like, we can meet for a swap in-game sometime. That goes for anyone else who needs them; just trade 'em back after the achievement unlocks. :p

Scott

DimmuBurgerKing said:
That goes for anyone else who needs them; just trade 'em back after the achievement unlocks. :p
That'd be awesome if we could do that, it's one of the few achievements I still need to get. Just send a friend request to KarmicEcho next time you're on; I'm on rather sporadically, but I'm sure we'll find a few minutes some day to trade. :)

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
People are so fucking wierd.
I'm getting ready to trade this game with a friend in a few days, so I decided to go and grab a few more achievments real quick beforehand to feel like I got my money's worth.

I heard a guy in bowerstone market asking, "anyone got the plain hero doll?"
I was like, "Yeah!"
I'm not normally an achievment whore, but I figured why not give this a try.
I was like, "Is that the only one you need?"
He says, "yeah!"
I say, "Cool, how about I give you the hero doll and you trade them all back to me for the achievment? Afterward, I'll give them back and you can do whatever."
He says, "I can trade your hero doll for my hammer!"
I said, "ummm... why don't we just do a quick swap"
He says, "I'll sell you the other dolls for $500,000 each."
I say, "nevermind man..." and walk away.

WTF?
All I have is 2x lucien and a plain hero doll, but I figured we could both scratch eachother's backs. I was gonna let him have all my shit too:lol

Somebody PM me if they ever want some stuff in exchange for some dolls. They can have the dolls back. I'll give most of my money since I prolly won't play the game for a long time. I want to keep some stuff in case I do the DLC sometime, but the money fixs itself when you own everything in the world.:lol

Blueblur1

Ultimo hombre said:
This game needs more DLC. And in large amounts. Curse you Peter. Stop molesting Milo and give me more Fable2 DLC.
I'd like more DLC if they would bother to actually put out something with more than three quests and a handful of items. With yesterday's Fable 3 announcement, I wouldn't expect anymore DLC if I were you. They're done with Fable 2.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Blueblur1 said:
I'd like more DLC if they would bother to actually put out something with more than three quests and a handful of items. With yesterday's Fable 3 announcement, I wouldn't expect anymore DLC if I were you. They're done with Fable 2.
Not exactly. they are going to start selling the game in chunks over XBLA, so I'd expect a small resurgence of interest in the game. One more small DLC would not be unheard of in this case.

Blueblur1

Fable 3 is due out within a year or so. I highly doubt you'll see any new DLC. Microsoft is just counting on more people trying the game out through the episodes and selling more the two DLC packs. They don't need to spend time and money on new DLC to rake in more cash.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Blueblur1 said:
Fable 3 is due out within a year or so. I highly doubt you'll see any new DLC. Microsoft is just counting on more people trying the game out through the episodes and selling more the two DLC packs. They don't need to spend time and money on new DLC to rake in more cash.
Probably, yeah. Just saying. We don't know. Maybe they will sell another chunk, a promo thing or a funny hat, but yeah your probably right. Still... we don't know.

ACE 1991

Just started this game for the first time last night, and I must say it is awesome so far. I feel like Albion really has it's own personality and identity and doesn't take itself too seriously, while still offering an engaging experience. Also, I'm really digging the combat system so far; it's simple yet has just enough depth to it to make it compelling.

I got back from
the sphire where you are gone for 10 years
now my character is bald, how do I get hair for him?

and how do you open the chest in the hero's guild that says go to fable2.com, I can't find anything there about it

vhfive

Ken Masters said:
I got back from
the sphire where you are gone for 10 years
now my character is bald, how do I get hair for him?

and how do you open the chest in the hero's guild that says go to fable2.com, I can't find anything there about it
barber shop there is one in bowerstone iirc
EDIT: thats what i get for not refreshing lol

So as a Fable 1 player and someone who missed playing F2 when it was first out I decided to just wait it out and try the game when the chapters thing happens on live since the first chapter will be free, but £20 for the GOTY version was too good to pass up and I threw some preorder cash on it.

I'm looking forward to playing this, the first game was a lot of fun but I gave up right near the end after trying twice (good and bad) just because by that time I was bored, this time though achievements should keep me wanting to come back for more and the DLC included means I should have plenty to get at, can't wait.

Just beat it, took me only 12.5hrs and I wasn't trying to plow through it either. It's just that a lot of the side quests are just terribly uninteresting

overall: 8.5/10

Mau ®

I gave Fable 2 as a gift to my bro since he liked the original and all. I have to say the game is better on all possible aspects over the original. And its open world (kinda).

I hated the original so much. Im sure it was a solid game but it was not the game I expected (and its Molyneux fault for overpromising and overhyping).

Wow, having a dog in this game adds so much to the game, he acts just like one and I love how you can play with him and make him do things, find treasure and digging spots, I was honestly not expecting much from having a dog in this game just like in fallout 3 but having one improves the game ten fold imo.

It's hard to tell if my GOTY edition has the bonus stuff already available, on the main page it keeps flashing for new DLC available but it's only showing clothing, I see no codes in the box so I guess it's all implanted on the dvd which is good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, since I was told this is the "Official" Official thread.

Me said:
I haven't seen it posted, but Episode 1 (of 5) of Fable 2: Episodes is apparently free. It's apparently going to be episodic for the "Games on Demand" DD release on XBL. I did a quick Google about this and GAF is turning up nothing, so I'm posting it here in the official thread. Someone else can take it to a new thread if they want as I don't want thread backfire from me.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...-d8024d5307f1/

For those that want to try it without renting it, it's about 1.8gig on your hard-drive. You can apparently earn achievements from this. Not a bad little taster. MS should pull this out for some other "Games on Demand" titles.

TheSeks said:
Well, since I was told this is the "Official" Official thread.

For those that want to try it without renting it, it's about 1.8gig on your hard-drive. You can apparently earn achievements from this. Not a bad little taster. MS should pull this out for some other "Games on Demand" titles.

Not exactly, you need to download chapter 2 to unlock them.

Someone know if I buy the retail game I can unlock the achivements I got and keep the save? because if I decide to buy the game it's clearly it isn't gonna be throught DD, reasons? both price and HDD space...

Top Bottom