• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

Meier

Can anyone give me the scoop on the DLC? How long is it roughly? I tried to win it from Major Nelson yesterday but no such luck. :(

Only costs 7 bucks? I'll bite most likely.

Blueblur1

Narpas Sword0 said:
Is there a new demon door in the DLC? Or did you guys get the achievement as soon as you bought it?
I got the Demon Door achievement and the have sex 25 times achievement as soon as I loaded up my save. :)

As for impressions, I've only done the first quest. It's all right so far. More new hair styles and makeup options.
One of them is a straight up crazy jester facepaint.

Meier

Bought it. Cheap enough to be worthwhile... wish they'd drop the Knothole Island price to match (or put it on sale for half price).

Bought it and already finished it.

New Content:
- Several new achievements (some content related, some not)
- New Expression for you and your dog (need to buy)
- Dalmation, Huskey and Bloodhound potions to change your dog (need to buy)
- Several new make-up (really original ones) and hairdcut cards (need to buy)
- Two new wigs, and a new hat (need to buy)
- Balverine Suit (free)
- Hobbe Suit (free)
- Hollow Man Suit (free)
- Royal Suit (free)
- Welley's Soldier Uniform (need to buy)
- A new village, another new location and a colosseum

Summary:
The salesmen (Murgo) that once sold you the magic music box is back with some new stuff. First he gives you a crystal ball that enables you to visit the colorless village that once was your hometown in Fable 1, it has however changed greatly over time (first to recognise even at first). After you restore the color in the world the salesman has a second gift, a skull, which sends you yet to another world where you have to free someone by means of solving puzzles with the creature costumes. After you've defeated a boss you return once again to the salesman and he gives you the final gift, the vision of the future. Just an interactive vision, nothing to do. Afterwards you can go to the Colosseum for some more challenging battles.
Note: Doesn't contain any real spoilers, but still.

Score: 8
It's short, shorter than Knothole Island. There are some nice and original ideas gameplaywise, but it's still short. However, the Colosseum at the end of the DLC adds the needed replay value. It's actually a real challenge when playing solo to achieve a high score. For 560 MsPoints, it's a good deal.

dexterslu

So, need some help from those of you that have it. I'm totally stuck.

I'm at the costume party trying to find the second part of the wisps by a swamp thing, except I can't pass through the water - it'll basically knock me back. What do I do? I'm most likely missing something trivial here.

edit:
yeah, blow up rock

dexterslu said:
So, need some help from those of you that have it. I'm totally stuck.

I'm at the costume party trying to find the second part of the wisps by a swamp thing, except I can't pass through the water - it'll basically knock me back. What do I do? I'm most likely missing something trivial here.
You need to summon hobbes to destroy the rock behind you, then you need to summon a hobbe there that has those wooden legs so it can pass.

Blueblur1

I just finished the DLC. It should be 400 MS Points at the most considering that you're getting two hours of content and it barely shows you the future. A 2 minute scene depicting more or less what is the status quo and
showing you that your Hero's kid is going to be important
is not really seeing the future.

Come the fuck on, Lionhead. You guys can do better than this 'mini-DLC' bullshit.

dexterslu

Blueblur1 said:
I just finished the DLC. It should be 400 MS Points at the most considering that you're getting two hours of content and it barely shows you the future. A 2 minute scene depicting more or less what is the status quo and

Come the fuck on, Lionhead. You guys can do better than this 'mini-DLC' bullshit.

Dude but you get
a CROWN
:lol I actually like it, the outfit is pretty snazzy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to start up this game for the first time soon, and I have a question - If I want to get the DLC, would it be better to do it now, or later? I don't want to pick up anything that would break the game or anything like that (like if the new outfits change the way NPCs react to you favorably, weapons being overpowered, etc.), but if they contain bug fixes that would obviously be a good thing.

I imagine I'll probably try it vanilla the first time anyway, just because I'm not sure if I want to spend extra money on it yet.

Monroeski said:
I'm going to start up this game for the first time soon, and I have a question - If I want to get the DLC, would it be better to do it now, or later? I don't want to pick up anything that would break the game or anything like that (like if the new outfits change the way NPCs react to you favorably, weapons being overpowered, etc.), but if they contain bug fixes that would obviously be a good thing.

I imagine I'll probably try it vanilla the first time anyway, just because I'm not sure if I want to spend extra money on it yet.
You can get Knothole Island already if you want. No overpowered stuff. However, the thing with this DLC is that the last part of it actually succeeds the ending of the actual game, so don't even think you'll be able to play it yet.

jibblypop

Banned
hmmm I whipped through this in about an hour. It was fun but it could have been a bit cheaper I think.
I guess I could do the achievement stuff to prolong the experience a bit. I like walking around in the Fable world so why not?
All in all, it was a good pack but way too short.

Blueblur1

dexterslu said:
Dude but you get
a CROWN
:lol I actually like it, the outfit is pretty snazzy.
Too bad I won't be able to get it with my main. I never leveled up her Toughness ability so she does crappy damage with melee weapons. Using Will and guns aren't as fast and easy as swinging through multiple dudes with one Flourish strike is.

Where can one find additional volumes of Murgo's Book of Trading or whatever it is? I still need the one item in Knothole Village that requires two of them.

As for the DLC, I thought it was okay. Not as amazing as I hoped it would be. Hopefully Lionhead will make some more, but I doubt it - as they've already revealed elements for the next game.

Blueblur1 said:
Too bad I won't be able to get it with my main. I never leveled up her Toughness ability so she does crappy damage with melee weapons. Using Will and guns aren't as fast and easy as swinging through multiple dudes with one Flourish strike is.
Well, you get it upon finishing the quest. If you're talking about The Colosseum, you can just level up your toughness and de-level the attribute after you're done using it.

Anyway, I wonder what the Ultimate Prize is.

Red

U K Narayan said:
Anyway, I wonder what the Ultimate Prize is.
Royal sceptre. Blunt weapon, slow attack speed, short range. 90 attack power. 4 augment slots. I tricked mine out with it's not luck, luck and life, combat mastery, and skill and beauty. Getting a ton of gold from kills + get a large chunk of my health back every time I land a hit. Finally found a replacement for the Daichi.

Really liked this DLC. Dunno what you guys are talking about, saying it's not as lengthy as Knothole. Much meatier. Colosseum adds a whole lot to the game. Puzzles are more clever, rewards more creative. Really enjoyed it.

Question: I've sort of hit a wall in the Colosseum at 25,000 points. Always make it to a 9x multiplier, the toughest enemies I face are the Spire guards + commandants. Anyone found a way to get further than this? I'd really like to nab the last couple achievements, but I'm having a hard time.

Oh, and does anyone know what the
Ashfield key
is for??

Akai

The latest DLC is okay for what it is, but did anyone else find the
Chesty invite
a terrible cocktease? It was all:

"Holy crap, a letter from Chesty! Where's that locked door!? Oh my God, here it is, going insiiiiiide...........*reads letter on table* FUCK! He's not here! Wait, there's a mirror upstairs! *goes through mirror* Holy crap this place is creepy! Chesty might be here! Aaaaand, it's just dye.............DYE!? All that suspense for DYE!? LIONHEAAAAAAAD!"

>=(

Twig

Banned
DISCLAIMER: Haven't played any of the DLC. Also I can't for a while anyway. Didn't bring my 360 to Japan with me.

Do either of these mini-expansions add spells or something? Cause my duders were maxed out shortly after I beat the main game. I can't imagine it's that fun to run around with an already-pimped out character in an RPG.

Red

I easily put 3x more time into this DLC than the last one.

Finally nabbed those last couple achievements. Easy Colosseum strategy: fill all but your last magic slot with time control. Last one can be either fire or lightning. Always have time control going. It slows down the timer. Launch one or two of your high level attack spell in between recasts of time control. Got +30,000 points and killed the necromancer this way.

voltron

Mr. Durden said:
Well it kinda depends. I'll be playing the Colosseum with a friend in co-op several times, so it does add to the replay value.

Ahh well, Im glad I know that now anyway. My expectations have been checked somewhat which is good because Ill wait a couple wks before I get it. Got more than enough to play in Fallout 3 DLC and a few others.

11v2o00.jpg

I got my money's worth from the DLC. I'd recommend it. The only thing I was disappointed by was the vision of the future.
The Welley outfit gives you more clues as to the future of Albion than Theresa's whole vision.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Please, elaborate on what you spoiler-tagged. I'm not very good at reading between the lines.

Anyway, is there a reason to play through the colosseum anymore after you got the ultimate prize? I guess there's an achievement if you get a very high score, but is there anything else? 'Cause I keep reading how much that adds to the game and I just can't see how after you got your ultimate prize.

Edit: just wanted to add, I like these little addons, but would love to see one king-sized add-on pack, with a new "main campaign", much like Oblivion's Shivering Isles, or even the Knights of the Nine. I want more than just a couple of side-quests - side-quests should be exactly that, side-quests. Not the main part of an expansion pack.

Mr. Sam

I think I have enough points to buy this. Unfortunately, still gonna wait for Friday.

A crown, you say? Well, I am King!

I'm also surprised to learn that some of you don't have maxed out characters. Granted, only my evil guy is maxed out, but still...

StarEye said:
Please, elaborate on what you spoiler-tagged. I'm not very good at reading between the lines.
Well, Theresa's vision doesn't tell you much
(did she call the land Aurora?), but the uniform appearance and description suggests that in a few hundred years (the setting of Fable 3) Albion reaches a point very similar to Europe during the Franco-Prussian War.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
a Master Ninja said:
Well, Theresa's vision doesn't tell you much
(did she call the land Aurora?), but the uniform appearance and description suggests that in a few hundred years (the setting of Fable 3) Albion reaches a point very similar to Europe during the Franco-Prussian War.

Yeah that makes sense.

Sleeker

Do you guys reckon Lionhead will be able to crank out a new Fable within the next couple of years?
They must be working on something else also

Mr. Sam

Dunno. I'd like if some of the stuff I did on Fable 2 went over to Fable 3. Finding an ancient statue of your previous character would be cool as fuck.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Sleeker said:
Do you guys reckon Lionhead will be able to crank out a new Fable within the next couple of years?
They must be working on something else also

I think the industry is slowly done with 3 year sequels, so I think (hope) that Fable III comes out Fall 2010 at the latest.

a Master Ninja said:
11v2o00.jpg

I got my money's worth from the DLC. I'd recommend it. The only thing I was disappointed by was the vision of the future.
The Welley outfit gives you more clues as to the future of Albion than Theresa's whole vision.

How in the hell did you get the last dye? You have to do that stupid score thing with the Colloseum, no? :(

Red

Domino Theory said:
How in the hell did you get the last dye? You have to do that stupid score thing with the Colloseum, no? :(
What score thing? I'm at 66/66 as well and I got the dye just by playing through the Colosseum after finding the first two bears.

Mr. Sam

cjelly said:
I loaded up my save for the first time in months to play through See The Future, and my fucking dog has gone missing!!!

Did you
sacrifice him?

I'm going to have to stop spoiler tagging this stuff. Finish the damn game, people!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Blueblur1 said:

yeah the whole look into the future shit was fucking retarded. I was expecting a lot more

anyway I did like it just for the new gear and dog potions. The coliseum is challenging too and the achievements are nice. At least it isnt a whole 10 bucks

Crunched said:
I easily put 3x more time into this DLC than the last one.

Finally nabbed those last couple achievements. Easy Colosseum strategy: fill all but your last magic slot with time control. Last one can be either fire or lightning. Always have time control going. It slows down the timer. Launch one or two of your high level attack spell in between recasts of time control. Got +30,000 points and killed the necromancer this way.

hmm thanks for the tips, makes sense. I've never used time control but I got the xp to level it up. Only use raise dead and fire.

Every time the Necromancer shows up, I'm out of time, really annoying. Only get to shoot him once/twice.

And how do I get to kick 5 chickens? Max I had once was 4, but most of the time only 2 appear.

I'm playing through See the Future and I've been chasing those switches all the way through the village.
Is the chest containing the letter from Chesty where it leads you? I've been looking for the switch after that but I think it's gone.

Red

Mr. Durden said:
And how do I get to kick 5 chickens? Max I had once was 4, but most of the time only 2 appear.
I didn't have to kick 5 in one game, just 5 total. 3 my first go, then got 2 during the next round for the achievement.

Top Bottom