• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fitness Thread of Whipping Your Butt into Shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chichikov

Mr. Snrub said:
Guys, need suggestions for a new thread title. The best I could come up with is Official Fitness Thread of Dramaless Whip-Butt-Shaping.
Triceps Kickbacks and Biceps Curls: The Surefire Hollywood Secret for a Toned and Ripped Body in 30 Days!

Good job on the OP by the way, if I have time this weekend I'll make some simple text PNGs for the sub-section headers.

Ace 8095

Zapten said:
Here's my current program, only been at it a few weeks so will tweek it as I go:

Program

If there's anything I'm missing or you would add/subtract please let me know.

Here’s what I would suggest you do if you continue to use a Split Routine

Day 1 – Lower
Squat 3x5
Lunge 3x5
Dead Lift 1x5

Day 2 – Upper
Bench press 3x5
Incline DB press 3x10
Dips 3 sets

Day 3 –Lower
Squat 3x5
Power Clean 5x3
Leg Curls 3x10

Day 4 – Upper
Standing BB Press 3x5
BB Rows 3x5
Chins Up 3 Sets

Day 5 - Cardio

This streamlines your workouts, focuses only on the necessary exercises, and will allow you to increase weight on most exercises each week. That said I believe that Starting Strength is the most effective routine a novice can follow and strongly suggest you switch to that routine.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
How about: The Official Fitness Thread of Lifting Will Make You SO HUGE That Your Arms and Chest Will Explode

Or maybe just something simple like The Official Fitness Thread of Achiving Goals: Get Your Butt in Here and Get In Shape

I changed up my workout to kind of mirror Snrub's new one. I got sick of the 5x5 Good Cow one I was on, plus I wanted to take things a little easier on my knees from squatting 3 days a week. I'm going to move to 2 now and only one day will I do the work up to 1x5 max. Did a pretty killer leg workout yesterday so I'm all up in DOMS today.

By the way, Welcome Back Snrub. We missed ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom