• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Football Thread (Soccer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Manyoo are after brazilian defender Cicinho

I hope he does come to United, he played very well in the confederations cup and will play much better then Gary Neville. I still think that United would be better off trying to get a good central midfielder, but we are eventually going to have to replace Gary neville and there are not many right backs better than him available.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
That's an interesting one. Certainly you're right that they have to replace Gary Neville sooner or later, but he's only 30, you've probably got a good 3 years left in him, and they do have cover for the position. I would have thought the money was better spent elsewhere.

Still, if this Cicinho guy is that good and the man Ferguson wants, it's better to get him now rather than wait a couple years when they desperately need a replacement and possibly no one good enough is available.

Arsenal have also brought in a defender, Alexandre Song (Rigobert's nephew). Only 19 and I have NO idea what he's like, but it's just a year's loan anyway with a possibility to sign him at the end for £2.75m if he impresses.

I think he's a central defender and apparently he can play in midfield too, so that's a good signing. If he turns out good.

Ryck

psycho_snake said:
Manyoo are after brazilian defender Cicinho

I hope he does come to United, he played very well in the confederations cup and will play much better then Gary Neville. I still think that United would be better off trying to get a good central midfielder, but we are eventually going to have to replace Gary neville and there are not many right backs better than him available.
Cicinho is a great pickup for us, but I agree with you that our main concern should be finding a center midfielder...although Fergy is toying around with Smith at center midfield and Fletcher is going to be getting more and more starts. Sadly I don't think Keane has anything left after this season to be quite honest. :(

psycho_snake

If I was Fergie, I would have tried to get a good midfielder, but like many clubs, such as Arsenal, finding a good one is difficult. There has been a lot of speculation surrounding Ballack but the newspapers always seem to say a load turd. Im always very skeptical when I find out that a Brazilian player is linked to United. The last Brazilian that had a connection to Manyoo flopped like Blinx, but his performances in the Confederations cup were good and Milan are also interested in him, so it looks like he will turn out good.

No one ever knows what new Arsenal players are like. Wenger always brings in some person that no one has ever heard of but they end up having incredible skill.

mama Smurf, do you think Arsenal will cope without Paddy Vieira? Arsene Wenger seems to have struggled with finding a replacement and I still cant believe that he didnt have anything planned to bring in a replacement when he sold Vieira. It looks like he has enough confidence in Fabregas and although the guy is very talented and will one day become just as good as Vieira, its just too much for him to do.

Ryck

psycho_snake said:
do you think Arsenal will cope without Paddy Vieira? Arsene Wenger seems to have struggled with finding a replacement and I still cant believe that he didnt have anything planned to bring in a replacement when he sold Vieira. It looks like he has enough confidence in Fabregas and although the guy is very talented and will one day become just as good as Vieira, its just too much for him to do.
Looks like they signed Fabregas to a new deal

It's got to mean something

And let's not talk about Kleberson...:(

psycho_snake

Ryck said:
Cicinho is a great pickup for us, but I agree with you that our main concern should be finding a center midfielder...although Fergy is toying around with Smith at center midfield and Fletcher is going to be getting more and more starts. Sadly I don't think Keane has anything left after this season to be quite honest. :(
Smith is NOT a midfield player. he never has been and he never will be. he did well in Aisa, but he looks more of a threatb when he's being played up front and sadly, there isnt a place for him. It would kill me if Fergie was planning to use Smith as a replacement to keane because it just wont work. Smith is a fantastic player, he's an absolute talent, but he's good at what he has been doing his whole career and that is playing as a striker.

Mama Smurf

psycho_snake said:
mama Smurf, do you think Arsenal will cope without Paddy Vieira? Arsene Wenger seems to have struggled with finding a replacement and I still cant believe that he didnt have anything planned to bring in a replacement when he sold Vieira. It looks like he has enough confidence in Fabregas and although the guy is very talented and will one day become just as good as Vieira, its just too much for him to do.

I don't think the Vieira loss will hurt them too much. I'm perfectly happy with a midfield pairing of Gilberto Silva and Fabregas, with Hleb and Flamini coming in quite often. And now they've got this Song guy who can play in midfield, the cover should be enough barring awful luck with injuries/suspensions.

As far as I'm concerned, Fabregas has already established himself in that second tier of central midfielders in the Premiership (the top tier containing players like Lampard, Makelele, Gerrard, Keane, Scholes, maybe a couple others) and in a few years if he's not considered one of the most exciting young players in the world, I'd be very surprised. A long injury could mess him up, but if he avoids that I have the same sort of confidence in him Wenger seems to. And I think he's a much better player than Flamini, no matter that they're not that similar.

psycho_snake

Flamini doesnt even come close to Fabregas. Im not sure if I would say he is exiting or talented as Wayne Rooney, but then again, they are two completely different players. Arsenal have never had a problem of replacing players. When they lost Ian Wright, they got Anelka and when they lost him they got Henry, so I dont think it will be any different in midfield.

Mama Smurf

Yeah and when they lost David Seaman they...they...

I look forward to seeing if they can replace Bergkamp, probably at the end of this year. My guess? Fuck no.

Hooker

Bergkamp is irreplaceble.

You may find someone who has the same amount of skills and talent as him, but no one as smart and experienced as him (who shares that amount of skills and talent)

Even Henry praises him that he never has to look for Dennis, because Dennis will find him and bring the ball to him. The reason why he is able to do that is the way his career has been. Starting out as a full-blown striker, then needing to play as a traditional "10" because someone else took over the "9". It's because he knows how a "9" should play, he's able to feed them the way he does now.

It's the same way that Fabregas can't reach the Viera level now, because he lacks the years of experience he has.

Oops, got to get back to work :D

As Hooker said: irreplaceable. Any Arsenal fan will tell you that. I worry far more about losing Bergkamp than Vieira. He's the perfect foil for an out-and-out striker like Henry, they way the Shearer/Sheringham partnership worked so well for England for a number of years. No one in the Arsenal side possesses his vision, his ability to control the tempo, to advance the ball, to pick out his man across the field (the best diagonal passer I have ever seen). To have a lightning quick counter-attack such as Arsenal's you need a general holding the ball as Freddie, Pires and Henry race up the flanks to pick them out; Bergkamp is it. And he's still got some of the old magic left.

As for losing Vieira, part of why I am not as crushed as I would have been a year ago is Fabregas and Silva. After sharing the general head-scratching of many others as to his constant inclusion, I'm now a fulltime adherent. He can't pass well, can't pick anyone out, fuck he can't even shoot, but he slows the counterattack like no one I've seen -- he's got a nose for the ball, he's a bulldog on it and doesn't let up. He frees up his midfield man to take chances going forward. When Silva was out last season Vieira had to be a full-on defensive midfielder and it was too much.

Cesc is closer than many of you think. He can do it all, and we just signed him up for about 400 years.

Remember too Vieira was injured a lot. It's not just a question of whether he can stay healthy but what those injuries have done to him. If you can get good money now, when he'd be worth next to nothing in a year and for sure would be gone in two on a Bosman, sell him. I love Paddy but that's life for Arsenal FC.

Solid

Shinobi said:
BTW, anyone like me waiting anxiously for the new roster/option files for WE7/PES4? There should be a few good ones after the transfer window closes.
i've been updating all transfers in my PES4. i can honestly say that Inter got the best team :D

psycho_snake

Manyoo 2 - 0 Everton :D Manyoo struggled slightly in the first half. Beattie's injury gave Bent the chance to come and and he really lifted everton. he upped the tempo of the game and had a couple of chances, one of them hitting the Crossbar, but their efforts went to waste when Van Nistelrooy found the back of the net in the 43rd minute. Manyoo then got a second goal through Wayne Rooney wityh a wonderful assist from....Yobo! he passed the ball right acroos the box and Rooney was able to just tap it in. A much better second half display by United and there were a few good chances, especially one at the end of stoppage time. V. Nistelrroy crossed it across goal and both Rooney and G. Neville missed.

For those who thought Park would flop, they are wrong so far. he played very well and although he didnt have the impact Ronaldo does, he played very well.

I was very disappointed not to see G. neville and P. neville have a fight, maybe we will get one at Old Trafford!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
GOD DAMMIT MAMA SMURF!!!!!

p.s. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE I SAID WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE (nearly, dammit Charlton!)!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gotta make the most of West Ham success while it lasts.

Ryck

Good game minus the error at the begining of the second half. Glad to see Park play well and it's always great to start the season off with a win! Watching Liverpool Vs M'brough at the moment.

psycho_snake

I didnt watch the game, but Im glad that West ham won Ghost. Sorry Mama Smurf:(

I just began watching the 'pool game during the last 10 minutes, has anything exiting happened?

Ryck

psycho_snake said:
I didnt watch the game, but Im glad that West ham won Ryck. Sorry Mama Smurf:(

I just began watching the 'pool game during the last 10 minutes, has anything exiting happened?

Westham won?( I was talking about Man u vs Everton I only caught the second half as the first half startred at 4:30am where I live)as for pool: No nothing in the first half......so far Gerrard almost scored but that's about it.

Shinobi

Solid said:
i've been updating all transfers in my PES4. i can honestly say that Inter got the best team :D

Heh, that's far too much work for my lazy ass.

I only saw bits of the United/Everton match as I was drifting in and out of sleep. Couldn't believe the Rooney goal, talk about a gift.

Also saw Aston Villa vs Bolton, which was just hilarious...four goals scored in five minutes. :lol 80 minutes of nothing after that, as it ended 2-2.

Liverpool fans have to be a bit worried about today's result. Gerrard came really close a few times near the end of the game, but the result didn't do much to prove that their inconsistent play in the EPL last year was behind them. Though from what I understand they haven't scored in that stadium in four years, so I don't know what to make of that.

Wigan vs Chelsea is on free TV in Canada tomorrow (it's a PPV game in the US), but I'll probably head to the bar to catch most of that game, as a warmup to the tape delayed Arsenal/Newcastle clash at 1pm.

Mama Smurf

...bollocks :(

I've only seen highlights, but I'm embarrassed by our defending. We were missing our best defender, and we did play most of the match 4-4-2 rather than 4-1-4-1, but come on...this is West Ham. They actually played quite well though.

I hope that was a sharp wake up call. Fulham next and we really can't afford to lose any more games early on against teams we need to beat before we get our act together.

I think Liverpool fans can be heartened by that game actually. It was 0-0, but they had lots of chances and restricted Middlesbrough to few, and certainly looked a lot more in control than they did away last season.

Have to say though, speaking about Liverpool, I'm a bit worried about Reina. He hasn't really had much to do in the European games, nor today in fact, but I've seen him fluff a few things and he made a right mess of coming out for a corner in this game. I can't really understand why they've let Kirkland go on loan to West Brom. I know he's had horrendous injury problems, but if he can stay fit for a while I think he could show he's by far the best goalkeeper Liverpool have had in a long time. I've always held to the idea that if he could just stay injury free then he's a future England No. 1, and I still do, especially after a greta performance against Man City today.

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Robinson (Tottenham), James (Man City), Green (Norwich)

Defenders: G Neville (Man Utd), G Johnson (Chelsea), A Cole (Arsenal), Ferdinand (Man Utd), Terry (Chelsea), Carragher (Liverpool), Upson (Birmingham)

Midfielders: P Neville (Everton), Beckham (Real Madrid), Gerrard (Liverpool), Lampard (Chelsea), J Cole (Chelsea), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Jenas (Newcastle), Carrick (Tottenham)

Strikers: Owen (Real Madrid), Rooney (Man Utd), Defoe (Tottenham), A Johnson (Crystal Palace)

No big surprises. Campbell, King and Woodgate are all injured (goddamn we're blessed with central defenders) so there's a place for Upson, Crouch is injured too and Johnson is given a chance (better now then when it matters), I still don't really understand the love for Jenas especially when there are 5 other central midfielders there (7 if you count Beckham and Cole who could play there if need be), I'd have thought a left winger like Downing would have made it.

Ideally, injury free and if we qualify, here's who I see us taking this summer:

Goalkeepers: Robinson (Tottenham), James (Man City), Kirkland (West Brom)

Defenders: G Neville (Man Utd), G Johnson (Chelsea), A Cole (Arsenal), Ferdinand (Man Utd), Terry (Chelsea), Carragher (Liverpool), Campbell (Arsenal), Bridge (Chelsea)

Midfielders: P Neville (Everton), Beckham (Real Madrid), Gerrard (Liverpool), Lampard (Chelsea), J Cole (Chelsea), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Carrick (Tottenham), Downing (Middlesbrough)

Strikers: Owen (Blackburn), Rooney (Man Utd), Defoe (Tottenham), Crouch (Liverpool)

But it all depends on a whole season's form to come of course.

EDIT: Oh I didn't even mention, this is for the friendly against Denmark on Wednesday. We won't want to lose, especially as they beat us 3-2 last time we played, but as it's an England friendly god knows how we'll play, they never seem to have any baring on how we play in competitive games. I'll just be happy if we make it through injury free.

EDIT 2: Hmmm, forgot Scott Parker. If he has a good season, maybe ahead of Carrick or P Neville. Doesn't give the same options as Neville though.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Mama Smurf said:
We won't want to lose, especially as they beat us 3-2 last time we played, but as it's an England friendly god knows how we'll play
I wouldn't worry if I were you. Denmark hasn't played well for quite some time.

Isn't it about time this thread is stickied?

Socreges

Banned
Freaking RIGHTS! The Score is carrying games now each week. Not many, mind you.... *cough* one per...... but it's something for me, a horribly starved fan who can't afford to buy a digital box. :\

Shinobi

The most astounding thing is that if you had a digital box, we'd be able to watch more free soccer games this weekend in Canada (five I believe) then residents in England. :lol Even without the digital box, regular cable will net us four free games every weekend. It's almost unfair.

Shinobi said:
The most astounding thing is that if you had a digital box, we'd be able to watch more free soccer games this weekend in Canada (five I believe) then residents in England. :lol Even without the digital box, regular cable will net us four free games every weekend. It's almost unfair.

:lol

These football clubs must love shafting the UK public, I was amazed at the cost of a season ticket compared to mainland Europe. The dearest in England, which is Arsenal is like 9 or 10 times more expensive than a season ticket for AC Milan.

- Arsenal season ticket £900 :lol

- AC Milan season ticket £90 -100

(numbers rounded up)

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Shinobi said:
one word, PPLive.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
I'm no Wigan fan but O-M-G! What a fucking shame. Play your hearts out for 92 minutes and get stung in the last minute of stoppage time... I was watching with my dad and even said to him that 3 minutes seemed quite harsh. Sucker was that it happened straight after Wigan had a chance to steal it themselves.

De Zeeuw and Chimbonda were awesome in Wigan's defence. Fo' Shame.

Shinobi

Seeing Crespo celebrating as if he'd just scored the goal that clinched the World Cup gave me a reason to dislike his ass if nothing else.

Arsenal looked sluggish and sloppy in the first half, and a good chunk of the second. But they looked to get more comfortable as things went along. By the end of the match they were playing like classic Arsenal, with that second goal being the capper. Newcastle sure got robbed on some calls though...I'm not even sure the penalty was legit, and they were unlucky it wasn't stopped as the goalie got a hand on it. Still, I'll take the three points.

Loved those home uni's BTW...my parents got back from England yesterday and brought one back for my bro (they couldn't find one big enough for me). Defintely gonna secure one in the next couple of months.

Solid

Shinobi said:
Seeing Crespo celebrating as if he'd just scored the goal that clinched the World Cup gave me a reason to dislike his ass if nothing else.
haha c'mon, crespo has always been like that. he gets so happy even if he scores in a friendly. plus the win yesterday shows what a great teamspirit the team has. drogba assist crespo and both scream of joy. that's not to common among forwards.

Shinobi

Oh if he's always like that, then I guess that's fine. It just looked a little ridiculous to me, considering the opposition.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
What premiership striker wouldnt be like that after scoring the winning goal in the last minute? opposition doesnt really come into it.

Mama Smurf

Ghost said:
What premiership striker wouldnt be like that after scoring the winning goal in the last minute? opposition doesnt really come into it.

Well, Thierry "oh I've kicked the round leather thing into the back of the net again, look at all these people adoring me when I've done nothing, yet if I was a doctor like I dreamed when I was younger no one would ever cheer when I saved someone, I hate my life, just kill me" Henry probably wouldn't. But he may well be the only one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4156056.stm

Lyon are considering a move for Owen. Certainly they have the money with Essien moving to Chelsea, but I can't see it. I just can't. He'd get regular first team football, win medals and play in the Champions League no doubt, but a player of Owen's caliber going to France at 25? It's hard to believe he'd choose that. I think he'd prefer just to stay and fight for his place at Real if he had to, though with Newcastle and Liverpool apparently showing an interest (and United remaining an outside chance), I don't think it'll come to that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4155856.stm

England are considering bidding for the 2018 World Cup. That seems a long way off, but the format has changed somewhat. Since 1958 it's always been hosted by Europe, then somehwere else in the world, the Europe, then somewhere else in the world and so on. However, with so many countries getting into the sport seriously in places like Asia and Africa, giving it to Europe so often is probably unfair.

I don't know, but as they expect it to come to somewhere in Europe in 2018 and it's in Germany next year and South Africa 2010 (leaving 2014 open), I suspect it'll now go Europe, somewhere else in the world, somewhere else in the world, Europe, somwhere else in the world...

Anyway, I hope we get it, though I'll be 34 by then...*shudders*...what a creepy thought.

Shinobi

Mama Smurf said:
Well, Thierry "oh I've kicked the round leather thing into the back of the net again, look at all these people adoring me when I've done nothing, yet if I was a doctor like I dreamed when I was younger no one would ever cheer when I saved someone, I hate my life, just kill me" Henry probably wouldn't. But he may well be the only one.

:lol Some people are more bothered by his "look at me, I'm cool" demeanor after goals then something like Crespo's celebration. Neither one really bothers me, celebrate however you want.

Gibbo

Shinobi said:
:lol Some people are more bothered by his "look at me, I'm cool" demeanor after goals then something like Crespo's celebration. Neither one really bothers me, celebrate however you want.

Best Goal Celebration Ever:

_38711025_newcastle_shearer_150_220.jpg

no best goal celebration ever was Cantona after he did a cheaky chip goal against Sunderland and just stood there looking like he was a King with his arms out lapping up the applause. Brilliant.

Followed by timuri ketsbaia for Newcastle where he went mental after scoring threw his shirt into the crowd and starting kicking the advertising board to shit.

Bellion off to West Ham on a season long loan (injured for another month though)

Freddie Kanoute has moved to Sevilla for £4.4million

Mama Smurf

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/4160100.stm

Blackburn have been fined £10,000 by the Football Association for their poor disciplinary record last season.

*whistles* Boy oh boy, I don't know how we'll be able to afford such a huge fine. Well, we've learned our lesson, never again will we have such poor discipline. Not one where we could be hit with a fine as big as a middling player's week's wages! I only hope this doesn't harm us in the transfer market.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4160386.stm

The following is only if he actually said these things, who knows what's made up and not nowadays.

Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho has launched a stinging attack on boss Jose Mourinho for leaving him out of the starting line-up against Wigan.

Mourinho is credited with creating an unrivalled team spirit but now a current senior star has broken ranks.

Carvalho told the Evening Standard newspaper: "I don't understand why I've been told to wait for another chance to play this season.

"I don't believe I will be third choice. It's incomprehensible."

Arrogant piece of shit. Guess what Carvalho! No one is guaranteed a place, not even John Terry. You have to work for it. Oh and you're not all that, did it ever occur to you that you only got the nod ahead of Gallas at centre back last year because he was needed at left back and you can't play there?

You're a great defender, but a hell of a lot of people, me included, thought Chelsea looked stronger when Gallas and Terry were the partnership. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And the Portugal international added: "I want to know why I didn't play. How can I explain it when I don't understand it?

"Sincerely I gave a lot of thought and time to myself but cannot find a valid explanation.

"I don't understand the reason he put me in a group including Robert Huth, Joe Cole and Tiago."

Oh that is just too far. Huth maybe, but Joe Cole and Tiago? There's nothing wrong with being put with them! And even if there was, having a go at them publicly is SO out of line and bad for team spirit.

I really don't like this guy now. If he can't be sorted out, ship him off and bring someone else in. I mean christ, it's 2 matches into the season!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The US plays Trindidad & Tobago tonight on ESPN2. Watch it and buy something from whoever sponsors it!

I listened to football on the radio for the first time last weekend and I really enjoyed it. Sirius satellite radio broadcasts the BBC feed. But dammit I want to see that Crespo goal and I'm cut off from my Fox Soccer Channel access!

Solid

Blackburn have been fined £10,000 by the Football Association for their poor disciplinary record last season.
*joy! :D

seriously, they are the filthiest team i've ever seen. i cant believe people pay to see they "play". ugh. i hope they get relegated.

sorry mama.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Denmark 3 - 0 England

After 68 minutes.

:lol

Funny thing on sky sports news yesturday, some danish reporter said England are one of the favourites for the world cup!

I literally pee'd my pants laughing.*

*Well nearly.

West Ham have got Bellion on loan? Seems like a last ditch effort by Pardew to have some kind of competition for Marlon 'Miss a lot' Harewood, still, better than nothing i guess.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Best performance by Denmark in a long, long time. Fairly even 1st half while the 2nd belonged to Denmark :D

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
David James was awful. Reminded me of his performance for West Ham in the FA Cup when Man U thumped them 6-0.

If Paul Robinson gets injured for the world cup then buh-bye England's hopes of getting anywhere in it. Sans Ferdinand and Campbell/Terry playing their best football in defence...

Mama Smurf

Ghost said:
Funny thing on sky sports news yesturday, some danish reporter said England are one of the favourites for the world cup!

I literally pee'd my pants laughing.*

*Well nearly.

Hey, we are! Alright, we were. This is the strongest England side I've seen in a long, long time, and I look around the other strongest teams in the world and don't see anyone we couldn't beat (not that I don't think they could beat us too, but even with the best other teams in the world I reckon it's as likely to go either way). Before today's game, I'd never seen such optimism amongst us at the start of a World Cup/European Championship year. Factor in it taking place in Germany so there's basically no acclimatization and how well we're doing in qualifying and I think we were fairly one of the favourites.

I still think we are personally, but that game...I didn't actually see the game, just the highlights which made it look like we were much stronger in the first half than the Danes (apparently it was pretty even and we just had more chances, hence it seeming that way in highlights), but good god it was embarrassing.

Damage control:

- Until half time we were playing ok...not great, but ok, with our close to first team.

- We rarely play well in friendlies, even when the result goes our way. It's like the players just don't care.

- Our competitive record under Sven on the other hand is nothing short of remarkable: in 29 games only 2 proper losses (to Brazil and France and then only by a single goal, also defeated on penalties by Portugal).

- A competent keeper (ie. NOT David fucking James) would have kept out two of those goals I reckon, and with any luck we won't need him at any point during the World Cup.

Honestly though, a defeat to Denmark wouldn't have been too bad for us if it had been by a closer score or if we played better, we're used to friendlies not being good for us. But the manner of it though...our worst defeat in 25 years...that actually has a chance to affect us in the upcoming qualifiers! Hopefully it'll be positive and make the players prove their critics wrong, but it could easily go the other way.

The only good things I can take out of tonight's football is that Wales and N. Ireland aren't as strong a team as Denmark anyway, and they only drew in their games themselves, so shouldn't face us on too much of a high. Oh and Gillespie got sent off and might not be able to play against England...not that I fear Gillespie, but any opposition losing a first choice player is generally good.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The US make a 3rd minute strike by Brian McBride hold up to win 1-0. But some woeful finishing and CONCACAF refs made things interesting. Donovan blew a golden chance.

As for England, it's just a friendly in August. Although, Sven's seat probably is getting hotter.

Shinobi

MrPing1000 said:
no best goal celebration ever was Cantona after he did a cheaky chip goal against Sunderland and just stood there looking like he was a King with his arms out lapping up the applause. Brilliant.

Followed by timuri ketsbaia for Newcastle where he went mental after scoring threw his shirt into the crowd and starting kicking the advertising board to shit.

:lol :lol :lol

I caught the England game at a bar...man did it get sad to watch. First half they played pretty well, but in the second half they seemed to go down a gear while Denmark went up a gear, and before you knew it was good night Irene. I thought the only guys that gave a hundred percent effort all the way through were Beckham, Rooney and Ashley Cole. The Rooney goal was nice at least...great feed from Beckham with a cool finish. But that ten minute blitz the Danes went on was frankly hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom