• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Football Thread (Soccer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
psycho_snake: If you lot get Ribery that goes a long way towards helping your midfield problems out. He is quite good: incredibly fast on the ball and creative. Diarra is worth the money, btw.

Shinobi

Apparantely the Gunners have made a late bid on Ribery. Lyon seems to think they've got the inside track though...we'll see.

The FA is going to talk to Arsenal about the whole Beveren mess. I really hope there was nothing shady going on there.

marmaraS

hmm Ribery to Arsenal?

i mean it sounds right, another young french player coming to the Emirates, but i just cant see it with Freddie, Hleb, Rosicky and Reyes already playing in the same positions. But you never know with Arsene

Mixed feelings. Don't misunderstand me, he's an amazing player...but for the money Marseille are quoting (rejected a 9m bid from Manyoo), I'm not sure he's the right buy. I want a centerhalf.

Then again, he does fit perfectly into the 4-5-1 I really think Wenger is going to employ more and more often. Ribery-Rosicky-Silva-Cesc-Freddie, brooklyngooner am boner.

Shinobi

Both Tottenham and Arsenal are looking to sign Lens defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto. Apparantely he's a fail safe for the Gunners in case Cole leaves.

Sol Campbell looks almost certain to be leaving, saying that the chances of him heading to Fenerbahce are very high.

Real Madrid are looking at trying to swoop up both Fabregas and Reyes. The bastards.

And Marsielle forward Franck Ribery is expected to make a decision soon about who to sign with...Lyon is the favourite, but Man U and Arsenal have also shown strong interest.

And this will probably be the best selling t-shirt of the summer...

crouchshop_0606_f29.gif

So we (man yoo) have had a £10million offer for Carrick turned down, although another source says we've completed the deal already for £14m.

Good stuff, I hope we get him, but if Spurs want £20million they can fupp off, stupid overpriced English players.

I really rate Carrick, I think 15m is getting a bit much but considering it fits your biggest need, it's a good buy. If you can add Ribery as well that's a really nice, industrious quartet in Ronaldo/Ribery/Carrick/Park.

hadareud

The Translator
Sol Campbell is leaving Arsenal, probably going to either Portsmouth or Fenerbace. He's been a great player for us, so all the best.

Thuram is rumored to replace him, I would more than welcome him, I think he's a great player, if a bit old - so these rumors are not too realistic. I don't think Senderos is quite good enough for the Arsenal, this is the year he can prove me wrong. I hope he does. In any case, it wouldn't hurt to buy a world class center.

With the world cup finally over it's time to concentrate on real football again - I can't wait for the new Premiership season. Also, I'm looking forward to not everyone having an opinion on "soccer" anymore.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I reckon we should make a new football thread. The world cup has finished so there is no point of usin the world cup thread now and this thread was for last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom