• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas topic

AssMan

Banned
Right now near the end and I have reclaim my territories before I can do any more of Sweet's missions. Am I almost done with the game?

SolidSnakex said:
Is it true that OG's actually based on Ja Rule? I've read it on a few forums.

I don't honestly think so, I mean, it's a parody of the 90s to be quite honest. All these guys who were acting hardcore and gangsta in the rap industry in the 90s really weren't, and DJ Pooh/Dan Houser decided to shed some light on that with OG Loc. Besides, even if it was based on Ja Rule, you think they would ever admit it? ;)

Hmm... now the favorite part of any of these official threads:

What's your favorite mission? And please highlight in spoiler tag...

No, it's not the final mission, although that one was done VERY WELL. It's the in-air hijacking mission some 20,000 feet in the air. You take a plane and get behind a Shamal, then the scripting takes place and CJ freefalls onto the plane. As for gameplay, I like the pseudo-Time Crisis mode when taking down the bad guys...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I loved the
Terminator 2 homage mission. Taking the bike down the viaducts and just shooting shooting shooting brought back memories of a great (1992!!) film.
Very well done.

I wish you when you
go back to Liberty City for that one mission, you could actually hit the old stomping grounds. A missed opportunity, in my view...

kumanoki

I've just started sinking my teeth into the Toreno missions, but so far I'd have to say I've had the best time
on the mission you do with Big Smoke on the motorbike and the rig is chasing you a la Terminator 2. That was tight.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
just beat it. 44:44 playing time( :lol), 70.34%

Last mission was awesome, except I wish it coulda been a bit harder. Beat it on my first try. But then again, I supposed if they made a 5-10 minute mission really hard I'd be in here bitching about how the last mission sucks because it takes forever to bear and I keep dying :lol

Awesome, awesome game. One of my favorites of all time.

Now some minor gripes about the end:
Anyone else like Vice City's ending better? Not the story, but how when you beat Vice you got your own mansion with every weapon out front and helipad/dock in the back? That was so freaking tight. In this game they don't give you shit. I don't even have any idea where to find some of the weapons(rocket launcher, flamethrower, etc.). But, minor complaints.

As for my favorite missions:
The one Wasabi said, the one Bish said,
The one where you infiltrate the dam
, and
the very first stealth mission where you steal Madd Dogg's rhyme book for Loc

Eminem, you gotta find those things like horseshoes, oysters, tags, and snapshots... They'll give you the weapons. Also, if you blow it midway into completing the last mission, you can continue from the halfway point... So you don't have to start all over again if you blow it...

kumanoki

Aside from missions, how have you been raking in the cash?

Of course, there's
Zero's place, once you get through with his missions.

I also made a little cash
winning the demolition derby in San Fierro and the crazy 8 track in Los Santos.

What have you been doing to get them bills?

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
WasabiKing said:
Eminem, you gotta find those things like horseshoes, oysters, tags, and snapshots... They'll give you the weapons. Also, if you blow it midway into completing the last mission, you can continue from the halfway point... So you don't have to start all over again if you blow it...

oh, i know that. but i liked how Vice didnt make you do that crap once you beat the game. finding hidden packages/horseshoes/tags etc. was never something i liked doing.

kumanoki

How the hell did you do it? I played it at least 10 times and never got more than three markers.
Luck. And lots of dodging and quick braking with the R2 button. Once you are on a roll and up to a decent speed you can catch the first one easily. It's a matter of getting several back to back and it's over in no time. It always annoys me that the markers seem to spawn right behind you all the time. But, when you manage to pull it off, instant $10000.
The next time limit is 2 mins. I found thisd one to be next to impossible so far, but hey....practice makes perfect.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
kumanoki said:
The next time limit is 2 mins. I found thisd one to be next to impossible so far, but hey....practice makes perfect.

Take out the competition, and it's easier to snag those markers(your bullets seem to do more damage than usual). Also, if a marker is on the far side of the dome, drive in the opposite direction. Another car will snag it, and a new one usually opens up in your path.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Beat it last night. Good God the last half of that mission had me ready to jump out of the nearest window. Cool ending, though - and now I can concentrate on my oysters n whatnot.

Did anyone else bother to keep multiple saves at key points? I kept one just before the start of San Fierro, the second during
the riots, just before the final mission
, and now one after completion.

belgurdo

Banned
kumanoki said:
Aside from missions, how have you been raking in the cash?

Of course, there's
Zero's place, once you get through with his missions.

I also made a little cash
winning the demolition derby in San Fierro and the crazy 8 track in Los Santos.

What have you been doing to get them bills?

Off track betting and the health cheat

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
bishoptl said:
Did anyone else bother to keep multiple saves at key points?

I do. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I save in another block after the involved, complicated, and kickass missions. Just so I can play them over at another point.

I've just now met Jizzy, and I already have 5 save files.

Razoric

Banned
bishoptl said:
Beat it last night. Good God the last half of that mission had me ready to jump out of the nearest window.

Jesus I know... I failed the second part of the last mission and I said to myself "if they dont let me skip to the second part and make me do all this shit again im gonna throw this game out the window." :lol

belgurdo

Banned
ye gods, gang wars are easier when you've got max health and an M4 on you. I remember hating these at the beginning because I was struggling so much to live, now it's so much easier

And while I was participating in a war, I wasted two Ballas in a car. When I got in the car later one of the headless heathens was still in it, and theirs bodies move back and forth when you hit the brakes. Nice attention to detail, R* :lol

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
bishoptl said:
Beat it last night. Good God the last half of that mission had me ready to jump out of the nearest window. Cool ending, though - and now I can concentrate on my oysters n whatnot.

Did anyone else bother to keep multiple saves at key points? I kept one just before the start of San Fierro, the second during
the riots, just before the final mission
, and now one after completion.

My only other save is when
there's the riots. That way I can always go back and see the coolness of it.

and for the life of me, katie is simply never there. ever. i've searched where she's supposed to be on the golf course and even the rest of it like 10 times. never there. pissing me off.

belgurdo

Banned
Eminem said:
ah, fixed the katie problem. apparantly you can't have 2 girlfriends in the same city.

RIP Michelle

So that's why katie's not showing up on the golf course? I never liked Michelle anyway

ahh this game is awesome, finally got some time to continue today.

I am still at the training part of the game, got some clothes etc.

I love this game, its amazing. Best GTA ever!

*I hope they include less or no swearing next time :p

KingV

haha, I was just playing and jacked a car in San Fierro. Right as I threw the guy out the trolley came and ran him over.

Eminem said:
man, just sitting here, drinking with my buddies playing the co-op rampages. great fucking times.

Haven't really played this mode, but, I wonder if you can throw a satchel charge on him, let him run into a crowd, and then detonate. So so wrong....

just finished the zero missions; absolutely worthless in my opinion, just a chance to showcase david cross who wasnt even that entertaining. controlling those rc vehicles was needlessly difficult. jizzy's first mission is bullshit as well, why does it have to be so freakin long, i hate doing 20 things for missions.

im starting to get really bored of this game as well. does it get more interesting, ceasar is dull.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Property of Microsoft said:
just finished the zero missions; absolutely worthless in my opinion, just a chance to showcase david cross who wasnt even that entertaining. controlling those rc vehicles was needlessly difficult. jizzy's first mission is bullshit as well, why does it have to be so freakin long, i hate doing 20 things for missions.

im starting to get really bored of this game as well. does it get more interesting, ceasar is dull.

Ceasar's courier and Zero's RC San Fierro missions are voluntary(and I agree, pretty much worthless, the payout for both just doesn't seem worth the time and money investment).

But every other mission in the city rocks. Wu Zi's and CJ's garage missions being the highlights. I can't remember anything from Jizzy giving me too much trouble. His T-Bone Mendez mission was easy as pie, and meeting Mike Toreno in Jizzy's last mission is worth the brief wild goose chase.

belgurdo

Banned
Don't sell your game because you can't beat Zero's missions (which you aren't supposed to do straight off anyway-wait until after flight school.) Cheat if it bothers you that much

And Jizzy's missions are piss easy compared to some of the stuff you'll be doing later on. Try getting some in-game skills up first before writing the game off

kumanoki

A little help, please. I'm
at the flight school, circling the airstrip. Take off and landing were no problem, but getting my plane to ascend to the first corona without choking out seems impossible.
Any tips?

EDIT: Haha. I's a dumbass. It helps to retract the landing gear. :lol

calder

I heard tell of a triathalon? Where would that be?

Oh, 1 more gang territory to take over. Sadly it's that stupid tiny one at the Jefferson motel and since I own all the land around it I *never* see rival gangbangers there.

calder said:
I heard tell of a triathalon? Where would that be?

Oh, 1 more gang territory to take over. Sadly it's that stupid tiny one at the Jefferson motel and since I own all the land around it I *never* see rival gangbangers there.

If you look at the posters in the gym, they talk about it. Usually takes place Saturdays on the Santa Maria Beach, not far from the safe house you can purchase down there...

walk around the territory, but go by yourself. Due to the limitations of either the PS2 or Renderware itself, if you carry more than 3 gang members, the others won't spawn. Just walk around the block, and eventually, they'll show up. Or, just take them out of their cars, smoke 'em, and wait until more guys randomly show up. That'll get the war started...

I'm on the second Zero mission... I get all of the targets, but I never have enough gas to make it back. How the fuck do you finish this mission!? Seems like I'm taking the best route possible. This is making me hate David Cross.

Edit: Finally passed it on about the 20th try. The frustrating part was that it didn't seem to matter how fast you were, but if you got a lucky spawn on the last van. The fucking thing spawned in indoor parking for me one time #$%^. Fuck, glad that mission is done with.

Top Bottom