• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official iPhone/iPod Touch Thread: Part Deux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenixus

Hey everyone, need some advice.

I use my 3rd gen iTouch when commuting, and I like to watch videos to pass the time. Is there a decent app whereas I can download Youtube vids directly to the device to watch offline, instead to going the computer/browser download route (my prehistoric laptop is a pain in the ass to boot up). Cheers, :D

Blackhead

Redarse
Phoenixus said:
Hey everyone, need some advice.

I use my 3rd gen iTouch when commuting, and I like to watch videos to pass the time. Is there a decent app whereas I can download Youtube vids directly to the device to watch offline, instead to going the computer/browser download route (my prehistoric laptop is a pain in the ass to boot up). Cheers, :D
There was one such app that somehow slipped through the cracks but Apple kicked it out of the AppStore. To get that app, or add download functionality to he YouTube app, you'd have to jailbreak.

Otherwise you could also use a browser like iCab to download a YouTube video then play it from the iCab documents section

Phoenixus

Charred Greyface said:
There was one such app that somehow slipped through the cracks but Apple kicked it out of the AppStore. To get that app, or add download functionality to he YouTube app, you'd have to jailbreak.

Otherwise you could also use a browser like iCab to download a YouTube video then play it from the iCab documents section

iCab works great, thanks for the help. :D

The M.O.B

I'm sure somebody must know.

I recently formatted my computer, my music collection along with it. But I have all my music on my ipod Touch, I need to know how to get my music from my ipod to my computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Drewsky

Whenever I try to delete podcasts off my Touch from iTunes, iTunes freezes up and I have to force quit. Anyone else ever had this problem? It's really annoying because the podcasts are piling up and I'd like to get rid of some.

Melhisedek said:
Guys what twitter app are you using?
(just started using twitter no idea what I'm doing yet but I want to follow few people :)

The official one. I used Twitterific for ages but the ads annoyed me and I didn't want to pay £3 for it.

The newest update that came out has really made it a lot better.

caramac

Melhisedek said:
Guys what twitter app are you using?
(just started using twitter no idea what I'm doing yet but I want to follow few people :)

l use the official twitter app and just lately tweetbot. The latter has no in app push notifications just yet, otherwise it looks good.

Jasoco

Banned
Something I'd been meaning to ask about. Why does the iPod touch volume screen say "ringer"? Shouldn't it just say "volume"? Ringer makes sense on the iPhone, but not at all on the iPod touch. Hell, the iPad doesn't even have a caption. Seems like an odd oversight from Apple.
KuGsj.gif

Also, I too use just the regular Twitter application. It looks and works so well. All social apps should be modeled after it. The iPad version is amazing too.

SickBoy

CassSept said:
So... ugh... is there a way to resuscitate a drowned iPhone 3GS :/?

I think the consensus first step is to put it in a sealed container of uncooked rice.

All is not lost. We had an iPod Touch take a bath. Didn't have any rice to evacuate the moisture, but it still works today (with some issues). Took a long time to get rid of all the moisture, which I'm sure didn't help matters.

Kodiak690

Neo Member
Kevin said:
I just picked up an iPod Touch 4G and was wondering if you guys could recommend a good protective case for me or perhaps a brand I should be looking at. Money isn't really an issue.

Look up Griffin Outfit.. They come in several colors. I got one on sale at Best Buy for $12. They also come with a nice stand that works in portrait or landscape mode. I'm happy with mine.

Mine is this kind of bluish tinted grayish translucent case. It's pretty slick.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I use the official Twitter too. I kind of want to switch to Echofon for its in-timeline image/video thumbnails and in-timeline link clicking, but there's no translate option and the ad-free version is $5.

Baconbitz

Banned
So, I bought the pages app for the iPhone and I have to say that because it can't be used in landscape mode turns me off from using it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Need help with playlists in iTunes. Trying to put some playlists together to play in the car - one with audiobooks in, one with podcasts in. Both are smart playlists with type set to 'podcast' or 'audiobook' and when I highlight them, the content appears fine.

But when I select my iPod (either iPod touch or old iPod nano), I can't select either of those playlists to sync - they simply don't show up in the list of playlists.

Any idea why this is? Is it because they don't have music in them?

edit: Found it. Separate playlists section hidden in podcasts and audiobooks tabs which you need to scroll down to find..

suikodan

Anyone know an app that could let me explore files on computers on my network?

My iphone is connected to my workplace network. I'd like to open a "file explorer" to browse files on the PCs that are connected to it.

I DO NOT want to browse/store files or on my iPhone.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom