• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Killzone 2 (PS3) Reveal Thread E307 - DELIVERS! (All info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If he comes back to this thread and apologize, I will forgive him.

bannable for being a fucking retard.

first he got people hopes up
second his fucking post is retarded.

'buh bu.... they havn't shown killzone for 5 months now and a killzone artist left. omg launch release on WiiHD, Nintendo buys Take Two and Guerilla games for 5Billion each hur hur/'

Cosmozone

MadeByOneSelf.gif
Just saw this in the OP. :lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Mikewarrior said:
I hope this game comes out in 2008 & actually ends up good.

That's a very interesting point. I, too, hope that the game will be available within the year 2008 and that it's quality is above most normal games, elevated to the point of greatness, aka "good".

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mikewarrior said:
I hope this game comes out in 2008 & actually ends up good.
That's it? Aren't you going to remind us how bad the original game was? And what the odds are that this game will suck? Come on.

picsou said:
no news .no trailer .
should we worry about Killzone 2?
resistance : november 08
killzone 2 : november 09 ?

i want some fuckin' news

here is ur news straight from the horse mouth.

EON wrote
School + Girls > Gaming News.

There's a whole stream of questions in there, most of which I can't address at this time, I'm afraid. Let me see if I can pick out the ones I AM cleared to answer...

The E32005 target render was a movie, and movies do some things much more easily than games. That said, I think that interactivity adds a degree to the immersiveness of it that will make you far more 'in the action' than watching a movie ever could. The smart money says that we'll knock the 2005 movie out of the park in many departments, match or exceed it in others, but there will be one or two areas where the movie takes advantage of being a movie to squeak in ahead.

How confusing the PS3 is compared to the PS2 at this same period of its lifespan I'm not sure. And I certainly wouldn't want to compare it to other consoles either. I think this is the sort of question that ought to be put to our Lead Technical Coder. The only answer I would make myself is to point at the release schedule going forward this year and say that it's obviously not TOO hard.

O
M
G
!
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&message.id=25316#M25316

Salazar

Warrior300 said:
I cannot believe how good KZ2 looks, how can some people say that gears of war 2 is gonna look better?

I don't know, but I get the feeling there's a really productive, genial and intelligent debate to be had on the subject - right now, before either game is released or further revealed.

picsou

Banned
sorry guys , i just want some badass killzone footage
no more pictures . just videos and videos and videos and videos and videos:D

AmMortal

Banned
I get what you guys are saying, but in prediction perspective, I don't think Epic is gonna want to highly enhance the Graphics on GeoW2, the game's gameplay is pwng. However, after playing Uncharted....

They are probaply looking to release it soon, so 360 owners can have something to play ( in terms of AAA games) also, to combat the big releases of MGS4, GT5, LPB, FFXIII etc.
This will heavily impact on the game, Epic is truly Epic, but even they are humans, and perhaps with just about 3 months more time they could make the game better exponentially.

They fact that I have never seen an Epic game coming close to GG's KillZone2 is speaking for it self. I loved Geow, it was the reason why I bought a 360.

However, KillZone2 is coming really close to delivering what we where shown, the dev's here focused on Graphical factors, while Geow2 is coming out this year I don't think that enough time and money ahs been spent on it ( please,correct me if i'm wrong here, I heard that KillZone 2 has got some major production money put into it.)

Hope you guys understand. ( I know its off-Topic sorry,_)

Busty

Banned
Warrior300 said:
I get what you guys are saying, but in prediction perspective, I don't think Epic is gonna want to highly enhance the Graphics on GeoW2, the game's gameplay is pwng. However, after playing Uncharted....

They are probaply looking to release it soon, so 360 owners can have something to play ( in terms of AAA games) also, to combat the big releases of MGS4, GT5, LPB, FFXIII etc.
This will heavily impact on the game, Epic is truly Epic, but even they are humans, and perhaps with just about 3 months more time they could make the game better exponentially.

They fact that I have never seen an Epic game coming close to GG's KillZone2 is speaking for it self. I loved Geow, it was the reason why I bought a 360.

However, KillZone2 is coming really close to delivering what we where shown, the dev's here focused on Graphical factors, while Geow2 is coming out this year I don't think that enough time and money ahs been spent on it ( please,correct me if i'm wrong here, I heard that KillZone 2 has got some major production money put into it.)

Hope you guys understand. ( I know its off-Topic sorry,_)

The Gears2 discussion is an interesting one but seeing how 'politically' loaded the topic is it'll never be rationally discussed.

In a nutshell, can EPIC really evolve and squeeze enough juice out of UE3 to make it a significant step forward? If they can, then we have a great situtation for all gamers going into the Q4 with R2, KZ2 and Gears2 all looking (and hopfully playing) great.

If they don't manage to make Gears2 a significant step up from the first game either in scope of gameplay or features then the Gears2 unveiling thread is going to be an legendary affair.

IMHO.....

AmMortal

Banned
Busty said:
The Gears2 discussion is an interesting one but seeing how 'politically' loaded the topic is it'll never be rationally discussed.

In a nutshell, can EPIC really evolve and squeeze enough juice out of UE3 to make it a significant step forward? If they can, then we have a great situtation for all gamers going into the Q4 with R2, KZ2 and Gears2 all looking (and hopfully playing) great.

If they don't manage to make Gears2 a significant step up from the first game either in scope of gameplay or features then the Gears2 unveiling thread is going to be an legendary affair.

IMHO.....

True that.

If Epic does manage to pull it off, then it would be a sight to behold. If they don't ...well let's justsay GeoW2 official thread will be ...uhm.....

pswii60

Warrior300 said:
True that.

If Epic does manage to pull it off, then it would be a sight to behold. If they don't ...well let's justsay GeoW2 official thread will be ...uhm.....
Fucks sake, Warrior, leave Gears out of this thread. Stop going on and on about it. Killzone is Killzone, Gears is Gears. Why would you give a shit about potential GeoW2 threads in a Killzone 2 thread?

Pug

Warrior300 said:
True that.

It will be full of arseholes talking bollocks no doubts.

pswii60 said:
Fucks sake, Warrior, leave Gears out of this thread. Stop going on and on about it. Killzone is Killzone, Gears is Gears. Why would you give a shit about potential GeoW2 threads in a Killzone 2 thread?

completely agreed, until more media is release for GoW2 then it is futile of anyone to compare the two and even if u do want to compare them then please make some other thread and dont ruined this epic thread which is only dedicated to one game only -Killzone 2.

AmMortal

Banned
pswii60 said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to get into it

EDIT:
belvedere said:
<<< best comment reflecting my first impressions on the beauty that is this KillZone2 thread.

Wollan

playcom.1.jpg

Could there possibly be a new Killzone 2 trailer debuting March 15th? (That would be three days after MotorStorm 2 gets revealed as well)

ThreeSpeech said:
Sony will be attending the Play.com Live! event at Wembley Stadium on March 15 and 16.

We got the low down from Sony and the confirmed title list (so far) is as follows:

PS3

GT5 Prologue - playable code
Everybody&#8217;s Golf: World Tour - playable code
Time Crisis - playable code
Echochrome - playable code
Killzone 2 - trailer
LittleBigPlanet - trailer
Play TV - trailer

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=927

I've already put the question up for E0N to answer.

Yoshichan

PLEASE BE TRUE.

Nooreo

Wollan said:
playcom.1.jpg

Could there possibly be a new Killzone 2 trailer debuting March 15th? (That would be three days after MotorStorm 2 gets revealed as well)

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=927

I've already put the question up for E0N to answer.
It would be awesome but i think its safe to assume that,it will be the same level they always show which subtracts from the awesomeness :(. But it would be foolish to let this beast show its true power on an event that isnt hyped like E3 so i understand sony

Wollan

E3 would be too late for KZ2's re-emergence. The game is releasing before R2 and in Sept/Okt most likely. Gamers Day in May would be the latest but also being the one huge game at this Wembley Stadion event could work just as well.

Wollan

chubigans said:
Its been so long since we've seen it...surely they wouldn't show the same ol' trailer. Right? Right?!
That's what I'm thinking as well. There has been events in between but Sony didn't reshow the trailer there. I think this could be new. It's also a big big crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom