• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Wii) Discussion Thread of "I'm back, bitches!"

Hero of legend said:
wiiss52.jpg

This screen right here gives me much hope. It's no longer FMV, so there's actually some work being put into it. Plus, 5 hearts? The game was a cake walk with 3. I simply can't wait. I'll be importing, but Namco better bring it to the states.

ampere

Urban Scholar said:
Same price PS1 version runs for on ebay last time I checked. I knew holding out would pay off in some way WAH-HOO!
Hahaha, yeah I didn't want to pay that much for a used PS1 game, but I've heard this game is so good. This is great news.

CTLance

I haven't played a Klonoa game before, so my hype is rather subdued; I will certainly give it a try. Looks rad, and if it has such a following everywhere it can't be all that bad, I hope.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
My eyes...they swell with joy. :'(

I'm so happy. *sniff* It's so beautiful.

LaneDS

I had only briefly played the first Klonoa (after doing 100% of Klonoa 2, so I was late to that party), so I'm very excited for this considering how well regarded the first one was.

Absolutely loved Klonoa 2 and was bummed out it didn't seem to be a hit.

Doel

Love the Klonoa games. Would have preferred Klonoa 3 but this is better than nothing I suppose.

TreIII

Doel said:
Love the Klonoa games. Would have preferred Klonoa 3 but this is better than nothing I suppose.

It's clear to see that this is probably doing more to "test the waters", and see if Klonoa still has an effect on people at all. Thus, you might as well go back to square one, and remake what those who love Klonoa, probably agree was his best game. Then move on from there.

In other words, if a remake does well, expect a full-fledged sequel to follow soon enough. :D

Link

The Autumn Wind
Holy shit, yes! Now all we need is a new Maximo game to be announced and I'll be in platformer heaven.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wow! Didn't know about this, and it's the first game at that! :O Never did finish it, so I'll definitely be picking this up. Played the sequel to death, loved it. :)

GhaleonQ

While I'm taking time off from college for campaigning stuff, I work at Gamestop. I am forcing this on every Wii owner for the next year.

FTWer said:
Wait... this is a updated PORT of the 10 year old PSX game?

So no new sequel for teh wii, huh?

Port = / = Remake

Port is when you copy the game, Remake is when you make a new game just like the original. Updated port is when you copy the game, with minor updates.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hopefully this does really well and they greenlight some new games. Pretty excited.

The charm for Klonoa 2 (my favorite of the series) was that it was a very slick looking platformer that never was too complex for it's own good. Bringing the first game up to that standard is awesome.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
man, i'm split right now.

half of me: OMG YES!! THEY STILL CARE ABOUT KLONOA!
other half: not a new game? shit.

KrawlMan

Death_Born said:
Fixed. :lol

To be honest, im willing to bet even more than 80% don't know what Klonoa is :lol

Either way, hell fuckin yeah. I played the PS2 game and really enjoyed it, I can't wait for this to release!

Gruco

Banned
Ah, so did my PS1 copy just tank in value?

Door to Phantomile, Valkyrie Profile and Tactics Ogre were the only games I decided to have survive my PS1 purge last year. Too awesome to depart with.

But seriously Namco, new Klonoa pls.

Soule

Never played a Klonoa game before, it looks pretty interesting but I gotta say the main dude looks pretty weird, the cap is a nice touch :p what's (s)he supposed to be?

This thread makes me want to go play Klonoa 2. *Goes browsing on Gamestop.com for a used copy*... Hopefully this makes it over to the states.

Never played Klonoa 1, but i absolutely loved Klonoa 2 on the PS2. I tried the GBA games but couldn't get into them like Klonoa 2.

This i'm definitely picking up day one.

lupinko

GrayFoxPL said:
Wow Namco really doesn't give a fuck about PS3 this gen. Talk about whore loyality, goes by the smell of money.

Don't get me wrong. Wii owners are super lucky and should be orgasmic happy as it's an awesome platformer. Good for them.

Wish there was a psn version too.

To be honest as a huge Klonoa fan, and someone who owns a PS3, I'd rather have Klonoa 3 rather than a remake of Klonoa 1 with a strange fusion of PS1 Klonoa style (clothing) and PS2 Klonoa style (design).

The original Klonoa design was even more cutesy, cuddly and wubby, not to say the redesign (Volleyball, PS2 and on) weren't, just not as much as the original.

Squeak

Klonoa 2 was great, but Klonoa 1 is one of the best games ever.
But why don't they make this a download? With the sound as MP3 and no FMW, this should easily fit into 40Mb with room to spare.

Gilgamesh said:
You could always pay twice that for the original instead!

This has nothing to do with the original versions value.

My point was, price has been the #1 problem for 3rd party Wii games, so to price a remake at $40 is a terrible idea. I want this game to sell well but there's no way it'll be a success at any price above $29.99.

Squeak said:
Klonoa 2 was great, but Klonoa 1 is one of the best games ever.
But why don't they make this a download? With the sound as MP3 and no FMW, this should easily fit into 40Mb with room to spare.
I highly doubt that, with the upgraded textures, etc...

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
The original is one of my favorite platformers of all time. If we don't get this game in the US, somebody is going to shed blood.

Squeak

GitarooMan said:
I highly doubt that, with the upgraded textures, etc...
Textures takes up much less space than people think. A 512x512x4bit texture takes up 128Kb and a 256^2x4bit only 32Kb for example. With lossless compression, 40Mb is more than enough for a game like this.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
theviolenthero said:
This has nothing to do with the original versions value.

My point was, price has been the #1 problem for 3rd party Wii games, so to price a remake at $40 is a terrible idea. I want this game to sell well but there's no way it'll be a success at any price above $29.99.
Are you really making a fuss over $10? I mean, it's not like RE4 where it's just a cheap port that they can easily price at $30. They actually put some effort into upgrading it so it doesn't look like a PS1 game.

Naruto

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil was awesome, and I never got to play the first one, which I heared is even better?
Also, thank god it's NES style controls.

Ranger X

Naruto said:
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil was awesome, and I never got to play the first one, which I heared is even better?
Also, thank god it's NES style controls.

The first Klonoa is still the best one. Don't miss it when it's released.

jj984jj said:
Are you really making a fuss over $10? I mean, it's not like RE4 where it's just a cheap port that they can easily price at $30. They actually put some effort into upgrading it so it doesn't look like a PS1 game.

Yes, $10 is a big deal. The sales charts don't lie.
I can't think of one remake or port for the Wii priced at $40 or more that has been a success.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
theviolenthero said:
Yes, $10 is a big deal. The sales charts don't lie.
I can't think of one remake or port for the Wii priced at $40 or more that has been a success.
The only port to Wii that has seen major success is RE4 and I already explained the difference between the 2.

Top Bottom