• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Wii) Discussion Thread of "I'm back, bitches!"

StuBurns

Banned
My all time favorite platformer. Can't wait.

Makes me wish for a HD remake for PSN/XBLA though. That would be amazing. Especially if they injected some of that canvas shading thing that all the rage now.

By the way, the official site is up :

http://kloweb.namco-ch.net/

Here are some more pics too :

kuronoa01.jpg

kuronoa04.jpg

kuronoa05.jpg

kuronoa02.jpg

Comparison ->

PS1 :
kuronoa06.jpg

Wii :
kuronoa07.jpg

Looks and sounds really great. I'm really hoping for this to come to the West.

shawnlreed

btkadams said:
no friggin way! i thought this was a sony ip? i guess not lol.

There were three Klonoa gameboy advance games, so Nintendo's no stranger to Klonoa.

I've played through all the Klonoa games, including the Wonderswan version, and the original PS1 game is the best. The plot really is surprisingly great, and the ending is unexpectedly touching.

Snaku

Banned
Woah, wtf is up with Nintendo and October? One amazing announcement after another!

They better bring this to NA.

Cedille

My major problem with Klonoa was I couldn't take some scenes seriously, and even burst out laughing when
grandpa's house was bombed

t4m

Sign me up!

I loved Klonoa 2, it being my introduction to the series. This is like a gift of 2.5D platforming goodness. I know some folks who are going to be excited too...

Please bring this to NA!!

KevinCow

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Nah, it's Namco I think.

I think the only time it's been off Sony platforms so far was the Klonoa for the GBA.
There was a Wonderswan game, but that was only in Japan. And there were three GBA games; two platformers, and a Japan only action RPG spin-off.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Missed out on the original game, but these screens look awesome. Will be buying, good to see another quality Wii game on the horizon.

RavenFox

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
My PSX disc is all messed up so I was looking forward to the PSN re-release that was supposed to happen a few months back; but I'm very happy this remake came to light.
There was? What the hell happened? All in all I want to play this one.

All Klonoa games on Sony consoles were published by SCEE in Europe (basically Klonoa PSX, Beach Volleyball PSX and Klonoa 2 PS2). But SCEE basically published most Namco games here (Time Crisis, Tekken, Ridge Racer...). They don't own anything anyway, but that must be where the confusion comes from.

RavenFox said:
There was? What the hell happened? All in all I want to play this one.

Here.

It was rated by the PEGI for the PSN. But it never actually got released (yet).

My guess is, the Wii gets the remake, and the PSN gets the original.

It would be neat if the Wii game got the original as an unlockable bonus. If it's possible.

theviolenthero said:
This has nothing to do with the original versions value.

My point was, price has been the #1 problem for 3rd party Wii games, so to price a remake at $40 is a terrible idea. I want this game to sell well but there's no way it'll be a success at any price above $29.99.

It wouldn't even be a success even at $20, but that doesn't judge the quality of it.

Cosmozone

Hmm. Nice, but the whole style gets a little stale after being featured in so many games. Cartoony wood structures and dirt paths leading through the grass, etc.

Jammy

Banned
There needs to be more platformers like this. I'm still mad at myself for not picking up the GBA game when it was $10 at Best Buy. :/

farnham

Banned
I hope this sells well on the Wii

it looks like a very solid platformer

and thats a genre i really would like to see more on the Wii

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
PRETTY <drools>

I hope the characters still talk in gibberish though. In some games, that just works, and Klonoa is one of those games.

I also hope the old music is still there, either in its original form, or reorchestrated, if it can best the original tracks.

Why? Because of this: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=q-tCDmrtlBw

Im bumping because the Go site pulled this up from a Namco survey going around for this game in the US via email . . .

I just got a survey dropped into my inbox from Bandai-Namco, with the entire question set based on Klonoa. Based on the information in the survey, and the pictures included, it looks like Bandai-Namco is planning to bring Klonoa: Door to Phantomile to the states.

Also, the survey asks which of the designs you like better. My guess is, Bandai-Namco is thinking the one on the left will appeal more to North America. I like the one on the right…
caa57a256e.jpg

The fuck Namco?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The one on the left doesn't look bad but certainly shoudn't substitute the usual Klonoa. Make it another skin or something, not a complete redesign.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Right >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Left

Hometek better not fucking change it.

Black-Wind said:
Im bumping because the Go site pulled this up from a Namco survey going around for this game in the US via email . . .

caa57a256e.jpg

The fuck Namco?
Namco, you motherfuckers...you better not...

I was actually thinking about Klanoa this morning. Last time I've played one was a demo on PS1, but I always had a soft spot for the character.

I saw Klanoa 1 and 2 on GBA for like $5 each at Gamestop the other day. I was thinking about picking them up.

...Why the hell would you change the ears? Klanoa is all about the ears. Why would you change that??

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Notice it's not like it's that different. Except the ears and hat it's basically the same thing.

Top Bottom