• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Wii) Discussion Thread of "I'm back, bitches!"

Alaluef said:
Notice it's not like it's that different. Except the ears and hat it's basically the same thing.
klanoa's ears and hat are like mario's mustache and cap, or sonic's spines and shoes

you take it away and suddenly it looks weird and different

Threi said:
:|

fixed.
2mwtk79.jpg

The jacket looks better (I like the huge collar and pockets) but thats it.

. . . And I don't like that smart ass look he has . . . like he knows that he will be choosen regardless.

Alaluef said:
Notice it's not like it's that different. Except the ears and hat it's basically the same thing.
Yeah, everything else is fine, but Klanoa with anything but long ears is not Klanoa. It's like giving Mikey Mouse doberman ears or Mario a small nose.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Alaluef said:
It's the ears that makes the new design so much worse, Klonoa is not a cat with bat ears.

Black-Wind said:
2mwtk79.jpg

The jacket looks better (I like the huge collar and pockets) but thats it.

. . . And I don't like that smart ass look he has . . . like he knows that he will be choosen regardless.
:lol :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
yeah, i got that survey too. if they actually use xtreme animu klonoa i'm going to suicide bomb namco's offices. right after i suicide bomb actiblizzard's offices for screwing brutal legend over. i think there's a logistical problem somewhere in that plan, but never mind

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Regardless, I also don't like the idea of changing the original design for another market and I'm not so sure if it would help move many sales if that's what they're worried about.

I'd be in for using it as an optional skin like I said. Otherwise it's
2hn75ky.jpg
and this kind of stuff is supposed to be over already.

jrricky

Banned
yea, got this in an email im just checkin right now. Dont know what design to pick cause I dont know what animal Klonoa is supposed to represent. Ive never played any game in the series before.

Christ Namco, if you're going to do a straight up port don't fuck with the main character. The left one looks like a focus group driven abomination with no soul. Please do not fuck this up for Klonoa fans; we're the ones who stand to be your bread and butter on this product.

Shit, I'm going to write them now.

HUELEN10

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I hope so, because I want to fill that sucker out.
I took it, and it seems to be the real deal. I looked at the ToS and found nothing that says I CAN'T post it.

What should I do?

HUELEN10 said:
Besides that. I want to try to stop this atrocity in its tracks and we can if we voice ourselves. That and I would like to READ IT!

Have you ever got the chance to play the PS1 original? I think you'd understand most everything without being able to read anything. That being said, I'm probably going to double dip and import and buy the American version even if they do screw it up. I'm assuming since they went this far to create the new design that there's not much that we can do. Honestly, how many people really know Klonoa? How many people would actually be offended or even care? I'm just estatic that there's another one coming even though its a remake.
Get those torches and raise hell at Namco.

HUELEN10 said:
I took it, and it seems to be the real deal. I looked at the ToS and found nothing that says I CAN'T post it.

What should I do?

Post it.

Hmmm....yeah, the floppy ears thing should not be changed. The Pac-Man hat and such are what gives Klonoa variety. This redesign would be like taking away Banjo-Kazooie's backpack, it just makes him look like a Sonic the Hedgehog character.

Alaluef said:
Regardless, I also don't like the idea of changing the original design for another market and I'm not so sure if it would help move many sales if that's what they're worried about.

I'd be in for using it as an optional skin like I said. Otherwise it's
2hn75ky.jpg
and this kind of stuff is supposed to be over already.
:lol What is this from and which one is the original?

Looks like Japanese art, so the original must be the white one.

Azure J

Saw the whole new design thing earlier and someone made me realize that Namco is trying to "neo-Sonic" Klonoa's look. :lol

Soul4ger

Not only is the new design utterly ridiculous, but it'll totally ruin the mood and point of the game if they give with "cool" Klonoa. It's supposed to be an innocent, naive character. He lives with his grandfather for Christ's sake, in a little hut, and he plays with a little blue blob.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Dark Octave said:
:lol What is this from and which one is the original?

Looks like Japanese art, so the original must be the white one.
It's from Revelations: Persona, an Atlus PS1 game released in 1996. On the left is the original Japanese version of the character, on the right the North American one.

HUELEN10 said:
I re-read the Tos, and unless I missed something there which I really doubt, there is nothing that says posting surveys is not allowed.

If there is any problems, do not hesitate to remove the link to the survey mods.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=2qr8HR0wgsGpd4_2f0Yk6kFQ_3d_3d

Make your voice heard!

Thanks, I took the survey and let them know how I felt about the character choices.

Soul4ger said:
Not only is the new design utterly ridiculous, but it'll totally ruin the mood and point of the game if they give with "cool" Klonoa. It's supposed to be an innocent, naive character. He lives with his grandfather for Christ's sake, in a little hut, and he plays with a little blue blob.

That's basically what I told Namco at the end of the survey.

Top Bottom