• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

I was frustrated with how poorly my highly rated secondary played, but while the Honey Badger is well-balanced, his zone coverage isn't absurd and I don't recall you completing anything on Peterson so guess it makes sense. The dropped picks (along with your first pick) infuriated me. As well as the weird juke on Hyde's long TD.

Lose a game or two so I can get HFA in the playoffs plz.

I completed the opening pass on Peterson and didn't look his way again. There was a clear difference between the secondaries as evidenced by you starting like 12/12 and I was 6/12 at one point

DJ Bowser

I completed the opening pass on Peterson and didn't look his way again. There was a clear difference between the secondaries as evidenced by you starting like 12/12 and I was 6/12 at one point
My saving grace was really pre snap reads and throwing some passes before they were breaking. And Gresham being a red zone beast.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Edit: game length felt good. And yeah, all-pro feels more skill reliant than All-Madden. My defense pitched a shut out last week so it's not as if the defense is totally impotent. You have to plan well and execute. Or something... can't stop a great offense usually though.

Gonna trigger your boy Drizzler saying things like that

DJ Bowser

Gonna trigger your boy Drizzler saying things like that
He got a nice cushion in his division with wins in Defense Carry EZ mode, no reason to be triggered.

If not for the switch to all pro, I likely would not have played user coverage in a competitive game again this year. So, yay.

All pro is more skill reliant? Only reason I was out of that game at the end was a fumble and I ran the ball 4 fucking times. Idk what skills they rely on but it’s not fucking sim football play calling skills. The way both Linee’s play on AP is just aweful. I’d love to see the 3rd and long conversion rate in this league on AP.

Still undefeated in the version that forces people to beat a defense at least!

My run game is the most confusing thing about the change. I can’t get past the line. Nothing about this AP shit feels like our sim madden leagues of old. This shit is NCAA fuckball.

DCX

DCX
All pro is more skill reliant? Only reason I was out of that game at the end was a fumble and I ran the ball 4 fucking times. Idk what skills they rely on but it’s not fucking sim football play calling skills. The way both Linee’s play on AP is just aweful. I’d love to see the 3rd and long conversion rate in this league on AP.

My run game is the most confusing thing about the change. I can’t get past the line. Nothing about this AP shit feels like our sim madden leagues of old. This shit is NCAA fuckball.
It's like you passed out bitching...just woke up to finish your thought from last night.

DCX

All pro is more skill reliant? Only reason I was out of that game at the end was a fumble and I ran the ball 4 fucking times. Idk what skills they rely on but it's not fucking sim football play calling skills. The way both Linee's play on AP is just aweful. I'd love to see the 3rd and long conversion rate in this league on AP.

My run game is the most confusing thing about the change. I can't get past the line. Nothing about this AP shit feels like our sim madden leagues of old. This shit is NCAA fuckball.

Counter point

You're undefeated in the version where you can just sit and have people get beat by the AI intercepting balls at an inhuman rate and run all day without passing!

wNptMJI.png

Gonna be fun with how close all the playoff races are

DJ Bowser

There aren't super-human plays on AP that end almost every drive. My defense pitched a shutout last week on AP. On AP you're generally rewarded for making the right read, perhaps too often but on All Madden you could make a perfect read on a perfect play call and throw a pick.

FMT and CB had a 17-10 game last week on AP. Dat OP offense tho.

brentech

Yeah, All Pro is generally much easier to pass on, but it ultimately comes down the player figuring out their opponents offense and countering it will the playcalls.
Beyond that, All Pro requires more skill by the manual defender in order to get stops then it did on All Madden. Most my picks in AP are user picks or forced by making the opponent go somewhere they don't want to with the ball. I could have set my controller down and had the same results in AM.

Defenders still absolutely miss tackles/assignments running right past guys, and there is nothing you can really do about that since you can't user them all at once. It is what it is. That's a bummer.

Now on offense, yeah, it takes less skill. I personally think running is the exact same level of difficulty, which is not much. Passing is easier than AM, but it's much closer to the game we have played in every previous season+year of this league.
I don't think fumbling is any different on either, I fumbled a bunch on AM while running upright and not juking, and I do the same now. It's a wash.

The line play is random, I’ve had low scoring games too. But there’s no fucking defensive play calling. Force them to go somewhere they don’t want to? So DCX is unstoppable is what you’re saying? Shit feels like NCAA in that sense. AM forced you to stick with the run because you know.... it’s an NFL game. And I rarely threw Picks I didn’t deserve in AM. No more than other versions. I realize that’s not true league wide but idk. It also forced the offensive player to attack the other players user because the cpu was so good at coverage, I found it a lot more fun.

You don't have to do shit on AM defense but cover the middle. You caanot throw outside, that shit isn't happening. Cover 2 is nearly unbeatable bc the CB reacts so fast that he can literally cover the flat and receiver without penalty. The millisecond a ball is thrown, the defender is making a break on the ball

I ran flood and bench plenty on AM. You can definitely throw outside... Cover 2 is OP because of how the Safety reacts on those deep outside throws but every madden has its issue. Cover 2 wasn’t unbeatable. If you kept at the run the secondary still has to honor it and the Floods and Benches work as a result.

TheCrow

Even though I'm not totally sold on all pro, the reason why I originally brought up switching to all pro to FMT was because I felt you could actually distinguish who had better user d. With all madden everyone pretty much has a shut down defense. At least with all pro you have to work for it.

sounds like you're playing as the wrong defender

Now I wish that he was just a d line player all along

I ran flood and bench plenty on AM. You can definitely throw outside... Cover 2 is OP because of how the Safety reacts on those deep outside throws but every madden has its issue. Cover 2 wasn’t unbeatable. If you kept at the run the secondary still has to honor it and the Floods and Benches work as a result.

Nearly unbeatable. In so many instances you "can" beat a defense, but it's like whoa I won the lottery! A 12 yard completion!

Every defense is the 85 bears, even the shitty niners D.

What ever makes you waste your time looking at/through my streams, makes me happy

Also I think sharks can't resist blood, they live in water, silly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My secondary, especially at home is pretty filthy!

Since we are about 50% of the way through the season here is my first playoff picture look in years:

NFC
1. Atlanta
2. 49ers
3. Bears*
4. Eagles
5. Packers*
6. Cardinals
7. Panthers
8. Seahawks
9. Saints/Giants

* - Tied record wise, only listed in EA order.

AFC
1. Chiefs
2. Dolphins
3. Browns
4. Jaguars
5. Bengals (tied record wise with Jags but Jags would be a division winner)
6. Colts
7. Texans
8. Chargers

Fallen back for Dellenbach
1. Cowboys
2. Jets
3. Patriots
4. Bucs
5. Stealers
6. Raiders
7. Rams
8. Lions
9. Vikings
10. Ravens

(Most of these teams probably wouldn't draft Dellenbach)

Be thankful for that AP game friend.

Top Bottom