• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

God damn PS4 is sexy as fuck, though some small things annoy me. Like wtf do I have to see my real name all the time on my screen above my psn name and the PSN store is kinda wonky right now. Still haven't even opened 2k or Madden. Is Madden any better at all? I don't feel like going through a shit ton of posts to find out before I open it.

Been playing Rivals and Resogun... sooo good. The controller is perfect too.

Just thankful I got a working console from amazon. Was scared shitless setting it up and turning it on lol

Canceled my amazon XboxOne pre-order. I'm not sure I'm doing two next gen consoles this year or ever.

madden is alright. if your question is "is it better than current gen" then the answer is yes it absolutely is. the defense is better and the running game is better. if your question is "is this game worth $60 as a showcase for a new console" then the answer is no. looks a bit sharper and technically does look better than current gen but just barely. there are no new animations and no new features.... although the fact that EA kept in all the OLD current gen features i guess is a positive given their history.

if you are starving for a football game it is fun enough but dont expect to be blown away

eznark

Banned
Is there an idle shut down? I had left it sitting with Knack paused for like 3 hours and just switched to the input and it was off.

Any way to disable it if it does exist?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
madden is alright. if your question is "is it better than current gen" then the answer is yes it absolutely is. the defense is better and the running game is better. if your question is "is this game worth $60 as a showcase for a new console" then the answer is no. looks a bit sharper and technically does look better than current gen but just barely. there are no new animations and no new features.... although the fact that EA kept in all the OLD current gen features i guess is a positive given their history.

if you are starving for a football game it is fun enough but dont expect to be blown away

Sounds like what I expected. Will open since it seems playable. Thanks.

brentech

Is there an idle shut down? I had left it sitting with Knack paused for like 3 hours and just switched to the input and it was off.

Any way to disable it if it does exist?

There's an idle shutdown, I remember seeing it in the settings > power saving menu, but can't remember if it can be totally disabled.

eznark

Banned
Thanks, just checked it out. It's defaulted to 2 hours when playing a game, 4 hours otherwise. I turned it all the way off for both. If I can leave my PC on forever I may as well do the same for the PS4

eznark

Banned
Going to be patched in later on the ps4 apparently.

SONY!: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give suspend/resume

Ferny

Thanks, just checked it out. It's defaulted to 2 hours when playing a game, 4 hours otherwise. I turned it all the way off for both. If I can leave my PC on forever I may as well do the same for the PS4

Better get in on that protection plan.

DMczaf

It's definitely closer to last years gameplay wise, I was able to play manually LB against FMT last night, and that was a futile effort in Madden 25 on 360.

It just feels snappier, faster, and smarter. Graphics and animations suck, but its a good game of football again.

Hopefully they spend some of that EA money on graphics next year.

It just feels snappier, faster, and smarter. Graphics and animations suck, but its a good game of football again.

I imagine that's all EA will be working on. Which means next year we will probably get better graphics, and one addition to game play or controls that nobody wants!

Welcome to next-gen!

brentech

I wish the grass/turf that got tore up in Madden didn't immediately disappear. Should stay around for a bit at least.

yeah, outside of a few MUT 3min games, my game against Soka was only like my 2nd full game. I really enjoyed it figure to be able to spend some time with this one. Shit just felt broken on PS3/360 version.

joezombie

For those that have the PS4 version of Madden 25, how shimmery/aliased does the field and crowd look to you? I'm seeing a lot of it on the PS4 so far across several games and I'm paranoid something's up with my system or display

Or I'm just used to playing PC games on a CRT and spoiled

Top Bottom