• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 2008 NPD - There are no words. Almost $1B in SW sales

watership

Shadow Moses said:
How? How? Halo 3 is no where to be found on that list but this is going strong.

Halo 3 came out 7 months ago. COD4 has been out 5 months ago. Halo 3 was bought all at once, COD4 ramps up on word of mouth. Just a guess.

Chiggs said:
Disappointing PS3 sales. I can't imagine Sony being too thrilled.

I agree, I really expected blu ray winning the HD war to really start making a difference, there maybe a limited window for blu ray to be a benefit as I dont think it will make any difference at all once blu ray standalones are $150 or less

The 360 needs a price cut and the PS3 needs blu ray to take off asap

mildewproduction

Playstation 3
hillary-clinton.jpg

Xbox 360
d38fb0d4-1449-44df-9a36-761fcabaedbe_mn.jpg

Wii

mccain_happy_as_a_clam.jpg

Karma said:
PlayStation 3 257K
Xbox 360 262K

With the PS3 being the best option for people wanting a blu-ray player these numbers should not even be close.

I think a realistic appraisal of Blu-Ray's current popularity in the grand scheme of the media marketplace doesn't really support that notion. It won the format war, but it still has a long way to go to mass market acceptance on the kind of level that will really boost PS3 sales significantly.

Wizman23

Banned
Karma said:
PlayStation 3 257K
Xbox 360 262K

With the PS3 being the best option for people wanting a blu-ray player these numbers should not even be close.

People are buying a video game machine not a movie player. 360 is where the good games are at. The software sales on the 360 speaks for itself.

Nutter

Halo LTD Please. We know its above 5mill, but how much exactly. I am certain its still selling 150k+ still each month.

andthebeatgoeson

tak said:
I think millions of hardcore gamers are going to cry out in pain the day WiiFit is released.
Oh will you leave it alone? Look at the list? There's enough room for everyone. Different markets and such.

So, question: Is this the 4th month in a row that Wii has outsold 360 in software?

Mato

Wasn't Wii supposed to gradually wear of during 2008? Or is that gonna happen after it comes out?

Kyoufu

I'm glad PSP games actually showed up in the top 10. The amount of people I know who pirated Crisis Core made me think it'd sell like shit :/

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sony cowboy or any other sales agers- is the Wii number the highest non holiday month ever? What was the highest PS2 mark?

witness

WTF 2.7 million for Brawl!! By this month it will have outsold Melee's LTD on Cube which was 3 million right? Wii Play over 400k and GH3 Wii just keeps on selling truck loads, its outsold the 360 version by now right?

Amazing, Nintendo's run is looking more and more impressive each month. Be very afraid of what Wii Fit is going to do.

C4Lukins

AniHawk said:
...Worldwide, but stateside it was between 4 and 5m. CoD4 has been catching up. Across all versions, I believe it has already outsold Halo 3.

I think Halo 3 was a little under 5 million by Christmas as I recall.

KTallguy

Banned
Frillen said:
Yeah, and PS3 owners are only playing Army of Two... Nothing else.

:)

I'm just saying, I have a Wii and Smash, but with like 700k+ buying the Wii, I wonder if they're buying software or just playing Wii Sports and Wii Play. I didn't mean to insinuate that those are the only games they're playing, but I'm surprised that there's not more software movement.

jaaz

Wizman23 said:
People are buying a video game machine not a movie player. 360 is where the good games are at. The software sales on the 360 speaks for itself.

You cleverly deduced that conclusion on a difference of 5,000 units sold? Bravo!

neptunes

Seven Hundred THOUSAND?!?!?'

During the month of !&%$'n MARCH?!

dde1j8.gif

Like I said in another thrad, I don't think the Wii will EVER be topped this gen.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
KTallguy said:
:)

I'm just saying, I have a Wii and Smash, but with like 700k+ buying the Wii, I wonder if they're buying software or just playing Wii Sports and Wii Play.

Smash sold 2.7 fucking million copies. That alone is near a 4 attach rate.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
mildewproduction said:
Playstation 3
hillary-clinton.jpg

Xbox 360
61fcabaedbe_mn.jpg

Wii

mccain_happy_as_a_clam.jpg

That makes no damn sense.

VAIL

mr_bishiuk said:
Thats right PS3/360 are no fun at all

Sure they are, but they don't appeal to the mass market. I don't know to many retirement homes or soccer moms that play COD4.

Do we really need this stupid fucking argument over and over?

DeadGzuz

Banned
Sony annouced a yet to be released bundle (and older 80GBs are gone), what is the 360's excuse for low sales, shortages?

Top Bottom