• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Metal Gear Online Beta Thread of having two accounts separate from PSN.

Costanza

Banned
MGO.png
(credit to Warrior300 for the banner)

img06_01.jpg

Konami invites all PLAYSTATION®3 users to take part in the official Beta Phase of Metal Gear Online!

Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta will be available as a free download on the PLAYSTATION® Store from April 17th (12:00 CEST) until May 6th (10:00 CEST).

The beta phase features two maps, four gameplay modes, the SOP System that encourages up to 16 players to team up and share information, and deep skill-customization. Also equipped with auto-matching and training modes, the game offers players a sneak peak of this totally new approach to console-based competitive gaming.

The Premiere Beta of Metal Gear Online starts on April 21st (00:00 CEST) and ends on May 6th (24:00 CEST).

Info from Playstation Blog:

Maps in the beta:

Bloodbath:
A kill house consisting of both surface and underground areas.

2414877120_87a002520e_o.jpg

Groznyj Grad:
The now abandoned weapons factory that housed the Shagohod in Metal Gear Solid 3. Contains open areas offering unobstructed views as well as indoor and rooftop locations.

2414050889_45e106d394_o.jpg

Game Modes:

Rules (aka gameplay modes)

Death Match
Kill or be killed in this race to get the most kills!

Team Death Match
Death Match takes a strategic turn, as you enlist your team to get the most kills!

Base Mission
Various points around the map will need to be secured to achieve victory!

Capture Mission
Capture the opponents “flag” and return it to your base for points!

Weapons and Items:

Items

Standard issue, with character:

* CBOX
* BINO
* S.PLUG.S

In the map:

* ENVG
* DRUM

Weapons

Primary, main weapons at base:

* vz83
* P90( +Suppressor)
* MP5, AK (+Grenade Launcher)
* M4 (Suppressor, Scope, Datsight, Grenade Launcher, Grip)
* M17 (Datsight, Scope, Grip)
* SVD
* MOSIN
* M14EBR
* DSR1
* M870
* SHIELD
* RPG
* SOP DESTAB

Secondary (Sub Weapon):

* GSR
* Mk.2 PISTOL
* OPERATOR (Suppressor)
* G18C
* D.E.

Support (Others):

* GRENADE
* WP GRENADE
* STUN GRENADE
* CHAFF GRENADE
* SMOKE GRENADE
* ENEMY LOCATOR
* CLAYMORE
* SLEEP CLAYMORE
* C4
* MAGAZINE

And, very importantly, CATAPULT!!!

img01_01.jpg
img01_02.jpg

img02_02.jpg
img03_01.jpg

img03_03.jpg

Darkpen said:
So, the title screen for the beta sort of inspired me to do this, and I was looking to make this for something I'm working on, but then decided to turn it into a wallpaper :D

So if anyone's interested, here's a little wallpaper I made:

gunsandexclamationmarks-widescreen.jpg

720p

720p w/ fake scanlines (less blinding, and sticks with the scanlines visual theme the menu in MGO has D:... sort of)

Please feel free to use them :O (and if you guys really like them, append these links to the OP perhaps, as well as the official matchup thread :O)

It's going to be a clusterfuck to reorganize the other thread with the shitty news arriving that MGO won't be using PSN, so just post your Game IDs in here. Make an account here.

Game ID - GAF Name:

c0stanza - Costanza

Costanza

Banned
I wanna change the thread title to

"Official Metal Gear Online Beta Thread (where friend codes look desirable by comparison)"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
GAF: Lonestar (look to the left about 3 inches....)
PSN: LonestarGA
Game stupid ID: lonestar-snake

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
PSN: Teetris
GID: mgoteetris

Oh yeah, will people in Europe be able to play worldwide or not?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GID: matrixadw-gaf GAF: matrix

psn : matrixadw

Why is everyone posting their gaf name? You guys do know it's right there... to the left.

anyway...

PSN: Fistfulofmetal
GameID: fistfulofmetal

Costanza

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Why is everyone posting their gaf name? You guys do know it's right there... to the left.

anyway...
if you're gonna post it, format it like

"Game ID - GAF name" to save me some work.

ugh this is so dumb Konami. Just use PSN IDs ffs.

Anyway..my details:

PSN: Ninja_Kn1ght

Game ID - GAF Name

ninjakn1ghtx - Ninja Kn1ght

but I'm not sure how this will be affected by region restrictions etc, I may have to use a different account if I have issues with it.

mauaus

Hey can someone shed some light on my situation hehe...
I have a preorder beta key, can i enter it now? i tried it and got an invalid code message...

Realyst

GAF: Realyst
PSN: Realyst
GID: realyst82
SIGN: Sagittarius

I enjoy long walks on the be...too much information?

EDIT: I too need some invites! I'm a good guy and team player, I swear!

carlos

is the konami site not working for anyone else? it's been a blank page for me all day...

edit: huh weird...well at least there's a few days to go till the beta....maybe I'll have to wait until the download day, so that it works on the ps3 browser (hopefully)

Hitoshura

Banned
GAF: XHitoshuraX (Hitoshura for now....::grumble::)

PSN: XHitoshuraX

Konami Game ID: xhitoshurax

Looking forward to it :D

Believe!

*Sigh* I feel your pain Costanza. God bless Konami and their clusterfucky way of doing this. Anyway:

Game ID - GAF Name:
devilchicken - devilchicken

Why are people posting their GAF IDs?
Who knows, maybe because it makes for an even greater mindfuck trying to keep track of everything and we all secretely hate Costanza, hence we like to make his life miserable with the ID-athon.
Of course, i kid

On a more serious note, do we know if the game has clan support of any sort? Something like Resistance would be nice.

Halvie

Banned
So just double checking....anyone with a ps3 can get in on this or do you have to preorder mgs4 or get in through that website?

Top Bottom