• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

Ok I found the league and sent a request....is anyone around to let me in? Lol
whoops I'll let you in. Don't worry just cleaning up some stuff.

NeoGAF MLB 2012 League Official League Page here

also:
PlayStation Nation!

My name is Matthew Harper, and I’m part of the recently-formed PlayStation Digital Platforms Community Management team. Our mission is to keep you better informed about everything that is going on in the wide world of the PlayStation Network, to make your voice heard within the company, and to ensure that you, the gamer, are at the heart of every development across PSN. Together, we will help guide the future of this platform.

I’m here today to let you know that we will be performing routine scheduled maintenance on the network on Monday, April 16th, starting at approximately 6:00 am PDT / 9:00 am EDT. This maintenance will last roughly 13 hours, concluding around 7:00pm PDT / 10:00 pm EDT. During much of this time, users won’t be able to access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, Account Management or play online. PSN enabled websites will not be able to service users, including this one.

We will continue to provide as much information as we can regarding any future maintenance we need to schedule.

Keep your eyes on the PlayStation Twitter feed for a notice when PSN is fully back online. We look forward to gaming with you all when the maintenance is finished on Monday night.

... no maintenance yet?

Also I just noticed "Playoff Series Length" is 3 games... Is that going to be a major issue? If it is tell me guys, I'll cancel the League and reset it to 5 or 7. Since right now we have only 11 guys accepting wouldn't really be a biggie to reset the League.

eznark

Banned
I'll accept when I get home tonight. I'd prefer the playoff length to be longer but lets be honest, there is no way I am making them. So it doesn't matter much to me.

Yeah, I'm resetting the League. 3-game Playoffs series is just too cheap. Resending invites after maintenance guys, sorry about that.
I'll sign in later tonight after the Tigers game or tomorrow. When are we officially starting games?
The exact second everyone accepts I activate it, although I may do the next day so it doesn't count vs. the 5-day limit.

the only invite i had was for a 3 game playoff so.... yeah

p.s. nm, just realized games per series isn't talking bout playoffs. welp im signed in. i was the 8th person so hurry up you motherfuckers i want to play! if anyone is around now i can play

Mrbob

I'll sign in when I get home tonight! Week one opponent, hit my up on Steam if we start early! I'll be playing The Witcher 2.

Guys who need to accept:
Boston Red Sox - Sanjuro Tsubaki
Kansas City Royals - Duane Cunningham
Pittsburgh Pirates - ajf009
Colorado Rockies - Fenix

4 more!

ecnal

LOL no trades allowed, bub. Trades were borked in Leagues at times last year so I didn't want the hassle of allowing them.

Tentative rules:

Amount of games will be dependent on the number of teams we have
3 game series done in 5 day increments, with a 6th warning day
Hitting/Pitching Level: Hall Of Fame
Pitching Interface: Meter
Hitting Interface: Zone
Guess Pitch: OFF
Strike zones: OFF
Hot Zones: OFF
Balks: ON
Fast Play: ON
Baserunning controls: New
Draft: None
Playoff Teams: Determined based on amount of teams

Rules from last season. *Will be edited going forward.*
1. Like every year since 2009, we will play this like a Sim league. It doesn't have to be perfectly accurate, but please don't throw 100% junk balls outside the strike zone to your opponent all game long. Having said this, there aren't going to be any regulations against pitching in this game. If you are a patient enough hitter you can force your opponent to throw some strikes over the plate to smash. Don't go swinging right away at all the pitches being thrown! If you are swinging at sliders outside the strike zone you only have yourself to blame! And it will happen to all of us this season. On the flipside, when you're batting don't just sit your PCI in the middle of the plate all day long! We have alot of vets playing this year, and I guarantee anyone who does that will not have much success in the League :lol

2. If you play a day game and there's an insane amount of lag, Friendly Quit and try and try the game at night. That usually gives you a better chance of having less lag when during the game since less people are online.

3. No excessive stealing, no early stealing, if you're up like 5-6 in the 7th/8th be fair. Also do not quickpitch your opponent, give him a second or two in the box.

4. Don't peg a star player because he's working you over at the plate or pitching a gem, injuries are a factor.

5. You must use at least four of your starters in a regular rotation. Since the league can't track them (actually they can, but won't force you) we will be using the honor system on it. If you forget what starter you used just count back the days from the first game and go from there! In the Playoffs, you can use a 3-man rotation.

6. In extreme cases if evidence of repeated dickery is found auto-losses will be penalized.

7. Trading is allowed, but all trades must be approved by the co-commisioners.

In reality, unless you're calling up people from the minors due to injuries you'll only need to concentrate on your MLB team. We may do another league but we play one-shot at a time. Regarding your hours, can you post days/hours you're at home? We all tend to have weird hours, in the past people have gotten around that by playing 2-3 games in short periods. I once did 3 games in a series in under 3 hours!

worst commish is worst.

bring on the era of sanjuro.

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

Mrbob

i'm just giving him a hard time is all! he's fine

p.s. sorry ecnal, maybe tomorrow. played bob and got shut out again, but at least i got 5 or 6 hits!

It's going to be an adventure every time pitching with Samardzija. After his wind up the meter rockets back so fast it's near impossible to target a straight throw. I was always and below the whole game.

I love the physics and animations. On my run I scored in the eighth off a single, I watched it again to see what happened. Your left fielder attempted a shoe string catch near the ground, the ball got coned in the top of the glove and fell out with the LF running past. I was running from second on that hit, if he would have made that snow cone catch it would have been an easy double play!

ecnal

Do me a favor and read the 2010 and 2011 past League threads. Also the list was TENTATIVE, read!!! :p

i couldn't care less about past leagues.

going from 'trades will be on' to league activated 'lol no trades' is retarded, especially if you knew all along there were 'bugs' -- why even say trades would be on in the first place?

i couldn't care less about past leagues.

going from 'trades will be on' to league activated 'lol no trades' is retarded, especially if you knew all along there were 'bugs' -- why even say trades would be on in the first place?
You know those rules were from past leagues too, right? I never officially put up this year's rules.

So you don't care about those rules either...

tim-and-eric-universe-o.gif

ecnal

You know those rules were from past leagues too, right? I never officially put up this year's rules.

So you don't care about those rules either...

http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1660764/tim-and-eric-universe-o.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

i indulged your ludicrous request to look at past league threads, and, low and behold, what do i find in the very first post:

[QUOTE]- Trading is allowed, all trades must be approved by LJ11 and I.[/QUOTE]

oh, and in the league right before that one...

[QUOTE]When you abandoned the league (and sent me a bs trade) I checked the sliders.[/QUOTE]

so let me get this straight:

1) trades will be on in this league, tentatively, as noted by you in this thread
2) trades were then turned off on a whim without any warning because they've "been buggy" -- why even posture that they will be on in the first place?
3) you claim that this is how it worked in past leagues
4) past leagues show that trades were on

you are the isiah thomas of online leagues, and you're making ph33nix look prophetic.

Sanjuro

Can someone count the days since the launch and today?

That number will also be the length without an online game played. Terrible.

DCX

DCX
Damn..Frank is trying to get a league going. If he needs a co commish he should ask. Maybe Brewers fan can do that.

DCX

Now Sanjuro, you know what happened the last time we allowed trades. And I'm sure you know what happened midseason. I'm not going to point to the thread... I'm surprised you didn't bust ecnaL yet, you waiting until later?

Because if ecnaL DID READ the thread, he would've found out there was an issue with Trades in the League and when we tried to send the Players through FA, they were lost for the season... so I'm not going to try that little experiment again from what I'm reading on OS Boards (some occasional glitching). So pheeKNICKS, CB3...

ortonrileygtfo.gif

GET THE FUCK OUT

EDIT: DCX I said Sanjuro can be co-commish if he wants it. Still waiting for a reply...

Guys who need to accept:
Boston Red Sox - Sanjuro Tsubaki
Kansas City Royals - Duane Cunningham
Colorado Rockies - Fenix

Duane already said he will when he gets home, and Sanjuro has been posting so he'll eventually accept.

Top Bottom