• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

No Frankman-run league will ever have success

Book it

btw was that enough nouns and action verbs for you in a post?

also FMT I was the real winner of that game considering I was the one who actually got hits and then got robbed by the apparently fucking deepass park in miami

oh I completely missed Frankman failing to say that his response to me first was "As I've stated in the thread numerous times, league will start this weekend."

I really don't feel like dealing with your bullshit all season. considering you also just said

lol wtf? We talking pheeniks? Same poster who likes Miami and spews shit ad nausem about the Knicks?

LOL. no thanks. how much shit have I talked about the Knicks this year? keep making things up!

That, combined with Ecnal's perpetual whining everywhere he goes.

so I re-read the last 30ish posts, and as I'm about to chastise pheeniks for a massive overreaction I suddenly think of this:

JqgEW.png

yeah, I'm just gonna drop it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If we're starting this weekend just FYI to whoever I play I won't be able to play at all tomorrow (Saturday) but come Sunday I should be super available.

I look forward to being no hit and struck out 18-20 times in the first game. :)

turnbuckle

Haha, this is why I didn't sign up but instead am potentially making myself available to pick up a dropped team a few weeks down the road or in the next iteration of the league with a more manageable number of teams. The honeymoon period of the season died quicker than Guillen's in Miami (or Miami's in Miami).

I hope all goes well but being in the league is a bit of a headache, so my heart goes out to Frankman for trying to commission it :p. It's too bad, cus when the season starts going and people are all mostly in sync it's one of the best gaming experiences to be had.

ecnal

also FMT I was the real winner of that game considering I was the one who actually got hits and then got robbed by the apparently fucking deepass park in miami

miami sports fans, ya'll.

it's fitting that the marlins will go unused this season. abandoned by their own, and retaining an incredible moral victory record of 1 and 0.

don't worry though, ph33nix, we'll never forget the incredible run you had with the marlins this season. we'll hang the moral victory banner -- right next to michael jordan's and dan marino's retired jerseys -- in AA center.

MickeyPhree

i actually just moved out of the miami area and would like to take them, but I'm locked in w/ Toronto and am having fun playing as their team.

turnbuckle

Ive played about a hundred games online without a freeze, after the patch today every game (5) ive played online has ended in a traffic delay freeze. This is in diamond dynasty but figured id post my impressions after the new patch. Today was the first time the game was taken out of my ps3 because i was so pissed. godspeed to you all.

Test League is done. Remember to abandon it guys!

Trying to find out who this jmitchell dude is who isn't accepting my invites... he's never posted in this thread? How did he call Reds?

If he doesn't reply/post by tomorrow he's out. A nice round number of 24 it'll be and I can start sending invites.

Current Team list as of 4/13

AL East
Baltimore Orioles - CRIP4LIFE
Boston Red Sox - Sanjuro Tsubaki
New York Yankees - pistolpete2940
Tampa Bay Rays - darkside31337
Toronto Blue Jays - sext0n

AL Central
Chicago White Sox - S1lent
Cleveland Indians - VACANT
Detroit Tigers - Square Triangle
Kansas City Royals - Duane Cunningham
Minnesota Twins - VACANT

AL West
Los Angeles Angels - Dmncnby2k9
Oakland Athletics - VACANT
Seattle Mariners - goldlion054
Texas Rangers - DCX

NL East
Atlanta Braves - AnEternalEnigma
Miami Marlins - VACANT
New York Mets - The Frankman
Philadelphia Phillies - VACANT
Washington Nationals - Kave_Man

NL Central
Chicago Cubs - Mrbob
Cincinnati Reds - jmitchell (might be VACANT unless he posts)
Houston Astros - VACANT
Milwaukee Brewers - eznark
Pittsburgh Pirates - ajf009
St. Louis Cardinals - Shiv47

NL West
Arizona Diamondbacks - acheron_xl
Colorado Rockies - Fenix
Los Angeles Dodgers - FrenchMovieTheme
San Diego Padres - ecnal
San Francisco Giants - Corran Horn

Ok guys we have a slight problem. My tally is 23 people, since jmitchell apparently is a ghost... We need an even number before I can start the league.

I'm starting to exhaust my recruiting resources, and I really don't want to use a 24th team as a computer controlled team/3 free wins sink. I have a guy on standby who's interested but he's waiting for his PS3 to get fixed. Anyone know anyone interested?

Kaladin

Ok guys we have a slight problem. My tally is 23 people, since jmitchell apparently is a ghost... We need an even number before I can start the league.

I'm starting to exhaust my recruiting resources, and I really don't want to use a 24th team as a computer controlled team/3 free wins sink. I have a guy on standby who's interested but he's waiting for his PS3 to get fixed. Anyone know anyone interested?

When do yall plan to start? I've never done anything like this but may be interested.

S1lent

I agree with starting it with a CPU team and then finding someone. The longer it takes stalling the league to find someone else the more likely other folks are going to fall off the radar.

dantehemi

Sorry to get back to you so late, I'm in...I'll take Miami. PSN user name is dantehemi. I'm available today to play some games (after the jays game is over) I'm a huge jays fan BTW. I'll start adding you guys ASAP on my ps3. This is going to be fun, but I must warn you all I'm not very good lol, but it should be fun to play the game a different way.

Ferny

So how is the online play this go around? If it's better than in years past i'd totally go out and grab a copy today and play with you guys.

Sorry to get back to you so late, I'm in...I'll take Miami. PSN user name is dantehemi. I'm available today to play some games (after the jays game is over) I'm a huge jays fan BTW. I'll start adding you guys ASAP on my ps3. This is going to be fun, but I must warn you all I'm not very good lol, but it should be fun to play the game a different way.
There it is. We r complete!
Tonight I send the invites!

Current Team list as of 4/13
Baltimore Orioles - CRIP4LIFE
Boston Red Sox - Sanjuro Tsubaki
New York Yankees - pistolpete2940
Tampa Bay Rays - darkside31337
Toronto Blue Jays - sext0n
Chicago White Sox - S1lent
Cleveland Indians - VACANT
Detroit Tigers - Square Triangle
Kansas City Royals - Duane Cunningham
Minnesota Twins - VACANT
Los Angeles Angels - Dmncnby2k9
Oakland Athletics - VACANT
Seattle Mariners - goldlion054
Texas Rangers - DCX
Atlanta Braves - AnEternalEnigma
Miami Marlins - dantehemi
New York Mets - The Frankman
Philadelphia Phillies - VACANT
Washington Nationals - Kave_Man
Chicago Cubs - Mrbob
Cincinnati Reds - VACANT
Houston Astros - VACANT
Milwaukee Brewers - eznark
Pittsburgh Pirates - ajf009
St. Louis Cardinals - Shiv47
Arizona Diamondbacks - acheron_xl
Colorado Rockies - Fenix
Los Angeles Dodgers - FrenchMovieTheme
San Diego Padres - ecnal
San Francisco Giants - Corran Horn

dantehemi

I have yet to play a game online. It's gonna be an adjustment period for me, I play my offseason franchise with different settings. I play on rookie (going to move it up to veteran) and I don't control my base runners or fielders, and I use classic style pitching.

League is being formed, all invites currently going out. Details to follow...

dantehemi, darkside31337 and Kave_Man I need your friend invites ingame!

Ok this is dumb. I have to cancel dantehemi/darkside31337/Kave_Man's friend invites and re-add them through the game because MLB 12 won't recognize them. SO FUCKING DUMB.

... ok this isn't working, for some reason dantehemi/darkside31337/Kave_Man aren't showing up on my friends list.

Try going to Leagues > Players Needing Leagues > enter your info and I'll see what I can do.

ecnal

... ok this isn't working, for some reason dantehemi/darkside31337/Kave_Man aren't showing up on my friends list.

Try going to Leagues > Players Needing Leagues > enter your info and I'll see what I can do.

i thought you could invite by psn name -- regardless if you're friends or not.

users management > invite user > invite by name (or something like that).

7/24 people in the lague so far.
i thought you could invite by psn name -- regardless if you're friends or not.

users management > invite user > invite by name (or something like that).
Yeah, it's saying "player doesn't exist" or "Person is already on friends list"... but they're not on my in-game List...

I'm having them post a message in Players Needing Leagues, I bet this is a glitch. People were talking about League glitches on OS Forums...

eznark

Banned
Go to the online section of the game and look for a league. I had to have a friend do that before he beck visible on my list.

Ok, I was able to send an invite to darkside. He told me I'm on HIS Friends List... weird.

Crisis averted, the other two just need to do the same.

EDIT: WTF he's NOW on my list?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Okay seems I'm in the league now.

Moused around and somehow I'm now a part of the league with a few other of you dudes.

dantehemi

Fuck, sorry guys... I dont really understand what's happening right now, but I was away from computer and haven't been on gaf in awhile. I hope I didn't screw shit up....I'll go set up what has to be done.

Top Bottom