• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2007 Playoffs Thread: Now With 100% Less Mets and Frankman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
How about Kenny Lofton? He'd only cost about 5 million for one year.

Reggie Sanders would be a good choice too .. but he gets hurt too much.
I WOULD LIKE TO SIGN SOMEONE WE HAVEN'T EVER HAD ON OUR ROSTER BEFORE, THANK YOU

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Gentlemen, start your Gamecasts. Is MLB.com or ESPN's better? I have been spoiled by MLB.tv.

Karakand

captmcblack said:
I hate the toolbag that came up with this term. :-x
There is only Raider Nation. Everyone else trying to use the term is a grade A poseur of the highest order.

edit: RALLY POST

wmkpwn.gif

Red Scarlet

I wanna see Red Sox vs Cubs in the WS; since the Red Sox already won, I wouldn't be heartbroken if the Cubs won. Isn't 2008 the year of the billygoat?

firex

Yeah, 2008 is the 100 year mark for the Cubs winning a WS. That's why I wouldn't be bothered if they did win it, just because of how historic it'd be. But I picked the Indians because I think they could make it, and they've also got a huge title drought.

Iceman

As a devoted Padres fan (still crying) I'd formally like to throw my support the way of the Crockies and D-backs. I'd still like the NL west to take the crown. And if it takes some ridiculous cinderella, come out of nowhere story to do it (Colorado), so be it. It's been a while since the NL west has had any respect anyway.. and its not like the Padres were or are going to demand it any time soon.

Oh, and of course I'm rooting against the yawnkees. Although there is very little chance the Indians can beat them, I hope nobody is blind to that notion.. the Yankees can only choke themselves out of the first round, I'm still rooting for the Indians. I do think the Angels can keep the Yankees out of the World Series but the Red Sox I'm not so sure about.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Iceman said:
As a devoted Padres fan (still crying) I'd formally like to throw my support the way of the Crockies and D-backs. I'd still like the NL west to take the crown. And if it takes some ridiculous cinderella, come out of nowhere story to do it (Colorado), so be it. It's been a while since the NL west has had any respect anyway.. and its not like the Padres were or are going to demand it any time soon.

Oh, and of course I'm rooting against the yawnkees. Although there is very little chance the Indians can beat them, I hope nobody is blind to that notion.. the Yankees can only choke themselves out of the first round, I'm still rooting for the Indians. I do think the Angels can keep the Yankees out of the World Series but the Red Sox I'm not so sure about.

um ok....

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Iceman said:

Anyone can beat anyone. Except the Mets. Because they aren't in the playoffs. lolz

Iceman

Cleveland: 17 runs in 6 games against the yankees. Less than 3 runs per game. They're going to need double that.

pollo

Banned
aren't the Tigers done? What the hell are you still doing here??

Wellington needs to pull a WasabiKing and ban your ass

LOL PHILLIES

BAN KONEX

Also, Yankees postseason roster is set.
No Ron Villone!
No Chris Britton!
No undeserving players!

Joe Torre is not fucking around.

[EDIT: A message from The Frankman:
"I'm touched Triumph actually put my name in the title. When they care enough to revile you, that shows you've made it.

anyway, never got to say it but good luck to all participants involved in the playoffs. Hope TBS puts on a good show, and also Triumph is a goddamn asshole. That is all."

:lol

pollo

Banned
captmcblack said:
LOL PHILLIES

BAN KONEX

Also, Yankees postseason roster is set.
No Ron Villone!
No Chris Britton!
No undeserving players!

Joe Torre is not fucking around.

posting it would be nice and/or a link