• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2007 Playoffs Thread: Now With 100% Less Mets and Frankman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Angelus_

Banned
Phillies lost.
:lol

Overall I hope the Angels go all the way.
My brother is a big Halo fan,plus I hate the Dodgers here in California,so naturally I side with the Angels.:D

Karakand

Angelus said:
Overall I hope the Angels go all the way.
My brother is a big Halo fan,plus I hate the Dodgers here in California,so naturally I side with the Angels.:D
You have a member name quite apt for the Halowagon. Welcome aboard!

GA is battling pink eye. GRITTY

Tamanon

Banned
This might be one of the first times that the Yankees actually root for the Red Sox in the playoffs so they don't have to play the Angels.

I have to admit that battling pink eye and playing is pretty damn gritty, ya see him in batting practice he looked like a one eyed pirate.

On a side not go SOX

Red Scarlet

pollo said:
chibi.jpg

Hey, new av! Let's go Red Sox. *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*

Tamanon said:
Dammit, NO ANIME IN THE MLB THREAD!

The one I quoted is from a game, so it's ok.

Red Scarlet

Topic says 100% less Mets.

Yeah, you know I don't post stuff like that 99.9999999999999999% of any post. It's game characters.

Are there any other games tonight? Or just CO vs PH and BO vs LA?

mrWalrus

Banned
I didn't keep up much on stats this year and now I find Papi's 35 HR's was Third most in the AL???
Wow!!

Does this mean there's still a debate on who took steroids?? My word!

Speaking of debate. Is there some reason you'd trot out a guy with a 7+ ERA at Fenway for the opener?? They could've left Lackey until the third game, couldn't they have.

Tamanon

Banned
mrWalrus said:
I didn't keep up much on stats this year and now I find Papi's 35 HR's was Third most in the AL???
Wow!!

Does this mean there's still a debate on who took steroids?? My word!

Speaking of debate. Is there some reason you'd trot out a guy with a 7+ ERA at Fenway for the opener?? They could've left Lackey until the third game, couldn't theyhave.

You generally don't care about records at stadiums, there's not really any reason other than psychological that would have an effect. Besides, you can't avoid pitching your ace because of a park.

mrWalrus

Banned
Tamanon said:
You generally don't care about records at stadiums, there's not really any reason other than psychological that would have an effect. Besides, you can't avoid pitching your ace because of a park.

Well that's another reason. I didn't know Lackey was their 'ACE' I know Colon is out but Santana and Weaver are still money aren't they? (you'll have to forgive me - I don't care for the LAA thus I know nothing about them).

Karakand

mrWalrus said:
Well that's another reason. I didn't know Lackey was they're 'ACE' I know Colon is out but Santana and Weaver are still money aren't they? (you'll have to forgive me - I don't care for the LAA thus I know nothing about them).
Starting Santana on the road??? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

mrWalrus said:
Well that's another reason. I didn't know Lackey was they're 'ACE' I know Colon is out but Santana and Weaver are still money aren't they? (you'll have to forgive me - I don't care for the LAA thus I know nothing about them).

Santana sucks balls. Lackey is definately the ace but Escobar has been a great number 2. Weaver just doesn't have the experience yet

(go red sox)

Tamanon

Banned
JD Drew....:(

I AM SHOCKED THAT JD DREW LEFT PEOPLE ON BASE!

SHOCKED!

I think we should just move him to leadoff man, because he blows with RISP.

NomarTyme

mrWalrus said:
Well that's another reason. I didn't know Lackey was their 'ACE' I know Colon is out but Santana and Weaver are still money aren't they? (you'll have to forgive me - I don't care for the LAA thus I know nothing about them).

This guy blow chunks on the road.

mrWalrus

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Well, they said he won 19 games in the regular season and had the lowest ERA (in AL?) with a smidge over 3.00.

Wow! (watching with the sound off) he's grown into quite a pitcher then. I lived in LA when he started.. I was never that impressed but I seem to remember him making a name for himself when they won the WS.

mrWalrus

Banned
Karakand said:
Starting Santana on the road??? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Thanks for the knowledge guys.

How long has Colon been out? what's the matter with him? He was always so indestructible on the Tribe. he'd still be throwing 100mph in the 8th and 9th innings.

Red Scarlet

mrWalrus said:
Wow! (watching with the sound off) he's grown into quite a pitcher then. I lived in LA when he started.. I was never that impressed but I seem to remember him making a name for himself when they won the WS.

When does your team play and beat the Yankees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom