• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2007 Playoffs Thread: Now With 100% Less Mets and Frankman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karakand

n13wj8.gif

wmkpwn.gif

Walrus: LOLackey was definitely the best pitcher on the staff this year but when he has a bad game it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Still would've gone with Saunders over Weaver though.

Karakand

mrWalrus said:
How long has Colon been out? what's the matter with him? He was always so indestructible on the Tribe. he'd still be throwing 100mph in the 8th and 9th innings.
His shoulder has been bad for 2 seasons now. Shame because he's my favorite player on the staff. He looked like his old self when he came back earlier but it all came undone as the season wore on. I think he's pretty much done as an Angel, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

scottnak

mrWalrus said:
Am I thinking of Escobar then? I thought LAA had a pretty solid staff 1-5.

I mean. It is pretty damn good. But Santana is unexplainably nails (usually... ) at home. But when he goes on the road... the runs hemmorage. Colon... who knows. His arm has been bummed out for quite a while. He's just not what he used to be anymore.

mrWalrus

Banned
ohh I see..

Ervin Santana
7-14
ERA 5.76

Ouch!

He was money the two prior years with a decent ERA (4.50).
12 - 8
16 - 8

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Don't know why you guys are even watching. The Angels bend over for the Sox. Never Forget 3 game sweep 2004.

Karakand

mrWalrus said:
ohh I see..

Ervin Santana
7-14
ERA 5.76

Ouch!

He was money the two prior years with a decent ERA (4.50).
12 - 8
16 - 8
Yeah, he was uncharacteristically bad this year. They even sent him down to the minors for a bit. If he could only have to pitch at home he'd be a Cy Young contender.

mrWalrus

Banned
scottnak said:
I mean. It is pretty damn good. But Santana is unexplainably nails (usually... ) at home. But when he goes on the road... the runs hemmorage. Colon... who knows. His arm has been bummed out for quite a while. He's just not what he used to be anymore.

Sorry to hear too.. Colon was a fan favorite in C-town. It was a sad day when we traded him to Montreal but the package we got for him was pretty epic.

Grady Sizemore
Cliff Lee
Brandon Phillips

mrWalrus said:
Sorry to hear too.. Colon was a fan favorite in C-town. It was a sad day when we traded him to Montreal but the package we got for him was pretty epic.

Grady Sizemore
Cliff Lee
Brandon Phillips

Holy crap thats a good trade...but what about the Beckett trade in which Florida begged the Sox to take Lowell? Best 'freebie' player in a trade i can think of.

Tamanon

Banned
mikeybwright said:
Holy crap thats a good trade...but what about the Beckett trade in which Florida begged the Sox to take Lowell? Best 'freebie' player in a trade i can think of.

What about that awesome trade we did for Gagne?!:/

Gagme? I'll throw it down on the line right now, it will be Gagne that saves the post season for the Sox! He use to be killer, I just think he is getting use to Fenway and V-Tek

Miguel

In case I didn't post it before, I'm officially on the Rockies/Cubs and Red Sox/Indians LCS...
Finishing up with a Rockies/Indians WS.

It'll be like Houston/Chicago the sequel, only ratings come from those two cities.

mrWalrus

Banned
mikeybwright said:

I loved Beckett ever since he started in MLB. I still love the Leyland quote about him having 'the guts of a burglar' in the WS.

That was a good deal for the Red Sox - who don't mind spending 8-10 million a player. Glad it worked out. Florida is cheap so they needed to dump him, plus they wanted to put Cabrera at 3rd so in a way it worked out well for them too.

Florida needs a new owner/city/stadium. A lot of young talent there is getting wasted.

NWO

mrWalrus said:
I didn't keep up much on stats this year and now I find Papi's 35 HR's was Third most in the AL???
Wow!!

Does this mean there's still a debate on who took steroids?? My word!

In the regular season thread I posted some stuff that showed the HR leader board and discussed this. The list looked like something from 1995 with all the "low numbers".

Its the first time that neither league had a guy slug higher than .650 since 1992. The drop this year was HUGE yet ESPN wrote it off as "cold weather" for why the HR total was down. They kept saying that people would heat up during the summer. Guess what they really didn't so weather wasn't a factor.

The funny thing is ESPN did shit to cover this huge power outage yet they were all over the stats the first couple of years when they started banning players trying to say that there wasn't a drop in power numbers. That tracking was stopped on ESPN awhile ago when the power outage became evident.

AirBrian

yacobod said:
ryan dumpster and joe borowski facing off in opposing closer roles in the world series would make for some high drama

i hope the cubs do it this year

i was out at wrigley in 2003 for game 6 of the marlins series, that train ride home was brutal after the game, a stomach punch to the entire fan base
I don't even want to know how much you paid for those tickets.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh what the fuck, I thought there were no outs?

Aight TBS, this is the playoffs, you don't skip innings.

BIG PAPI!!!!!!!

mrWalrus

Banned
NWO said:
In the regular season thread I posted some stuff that showed the HR leader board and discussed this. The list looked like something from 1995 with all the "low numbers".

Its the first time that neither league had a guy slug higher than .650 since 1992. The drop this year was HUGE yet ESPN wrote it off as "cold weather" for why the HR total was down. They kept saying that people would heat up during the summer. Guess what they really didn't so weather wasn't a factor.

The funny thing is ESPN did shit to cover this huge power outage yet they were all over the stats the first couple of years when they started banning players trying to say that there wasn't a drop in power numbers. That tracking was stopped on ESPN awhile ago when the power outage became evident.

Sorry I missed your posts then.

You'd think baseball would have done their best to juice the ball so there wouldn't be such a dramatic fall off. Doesn't bother me either way. I still enjoy going to the park or watching a game on TV. I'm not a chick, I don't 'dig the long ball'.

btw,
There goes Papi!

Tamanon

Banned
mrWalrus said:
Sorry I missed your posts then.

You'd think baseball would have done their best to juice the ball so there wouldn't be such a dramatic fall off. Doesn't bother me either way. I still enjoy going to the park or watching a game on TV. I'm not a chick, I don't 'dig the long ball'.

btw,
There goes Papi!

Hey they tried to help pad the numbers by getting Igawa into the league, but it didn't help enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom