• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB Thread - 2006 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

If you're gonna get this thread stickied, you're gonna have to beat the Hockey thread. And there's a pack of NHL nuts 15 threads from where I'm standin' right now that are gonna have a little somethin' to say about you takin' care of business. But we're gonna get stickied.

Now, if you wanna get stickied, you're gonna have to beat a team of canadians, a team of moderators and admins over in Vancouver that outweigh you by about 30 pounds a man. And they will run you over -- I guarantee ya.

Now, Canuck fans, they'll take your homes. They'll burn 'em down. They'll eat your dogs. Canuck fans will wreck you -- and that's a fact.

It's a good day, gentlemen. It's a good day to think about responsibility.

It's a good day to ask yourself a couple of questions.

It's a good day, gentlemen, to ask yourselves if, on a personal level, you're willin' to accept that.

If you're willin' to accept the responsibility you have to protect this post, this thread, and this League. And make no mistake about it gentlemen, we are in the business of winning. We are in the business of protectin' this thread.

The expectations couldn't be any higher: We will get this thread stickied.

This is real sincere warfare.

Can you be perfect?

us_cell.jpg

Let's play ball!

Opening Night, Sunday, April 2rd
-Cleveland Indians vs Chicago White Sox

Opening Day, Monday, April 3rd
-Boston Red Sox @ Texas Rangers
-Tampa Bay Devil Rays @ Baltimore Orioles
-Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City Royals
-Anahiem Angels @ Seattle Mariners
-New York Yankees @ Oakland Athletics
-Washington Nationals @ New York Mets
-Pittsburgh Pirates @ Milwaukee Brewers
-Chicago Disabled Lists @ Cincinnati Reds
-St Louis Cardinals @ Philadelphia Phillies
-Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies
-Atlanta Braves @ Los Angeles Dodgers
-Florida Marlins @ Houston Astros
-San Francisco Giants @ San Diego Padres

Late To The Part-ay, Tuesday, April 4th
-Minnesota Twins @ Toronto BluJays

Quick Predictions:
Defending World Series Champions Chicago White Sox win the Central again
Defending National League Champions Houston Astros will once again make the playoffs, whether winning the Central or Wild Card has yet to be determined.
Defending NL East champions Atlanta Braves will once again with the East.
Boston Red Sox will finally win the AL East, Yankees take the Wildcard
Seattle Mariners turn it around and get back into the post season, that leaves...

2 spots open. Will the St Louis Cardinals, once again beat the Astros senseless in the regular season? I'm thinking that they will fall off, not have as dominant a season, but probably still edge the Astros out by a few games for the NL Central.

That leaves, the National League West, or the National League Worst, as they are so affectionately known throughout the league.
Padres? Giants? Dodgers? Diamondbacks? Rockies?
Jeez, I think I'll have to take the Dodgers at around 85-77

In Summary:
Astros | Cardinals | Dodgers | Braves
White Sox | Red Sox | Yankees | Mariners

For all of you going to opening day for your teams, I WANT PICTURES! I'll probably be doing a little writeup and I want pictures from a ton of stadiums to see how all the opening day crowds look.

We will not go quietly into the night!
We will not vanish without a fight!
We're going to live on!
We're going to survive!"
Today, we celebrate our OPENING DAY!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Predictions:

AL East: Yankees
AL Central: White Sox
AL West: Angels
Wildcard: Oakland

NL East: Atlanta
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: San Francisco
Wildcard: Mets

And for fun, the over/under win totals:

NATIONAL LEAGUE
Arizona 75 - under
Atlanta 89 - over
Chicago 87 - under
Cincinnati 74 - over
Colorado 68 - over
Florida 65 - under
Houston 84 - under
Los Angeles 86 - under
Milwaukee 81 - over
New York 92 - under
Philadelphia 83 - over
Pittsburgh 75 - under
San Diego 79 - over
San Francisco 84 - over
St. Louis 94 - over
Washington 77 - under

AMERICAN LEAGUE
Baltimore 75 - over
Boston 93 - under
Chicago 92 - over
Cleveland 91 - under(I wish I could push)
Detroit 77 - under
Kansas City 65 - over
Los Angeles 89 - over
Minnesota 83 - under
New York 99 - under
Oakland 90 - over
Seattle 75 - over
Tampa Bay 67 - under
Texas 82 - under
Toronto 88 - under

HOORAY FOR BASEBALL! I posted this in the previous thread, but Jim Thome has hit two home runs in three of the last four games. I smell MVP =p

I'll post pictures and probably a video or two from White Sox opening day Sunday night on ESPN 2 :)

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
And yay for sponsers not celebrating Barroid!

Report: MLB sponsors won't celebrate BondsESPN.com news services

Major League Baseball plans to celebrate if Barry Bonds passes Hank Aaron as the all-time home run kind. MLB's sponsors, however, have a different idea.

According to Bloomberg News, one of baseball's 18 national sponsors, Bank of America Corp., said Tuesday that because of steroid allegations, it will not take part in any campaign celebrating Bonds.

"We are a company where confidence and trust is held high," Cathy Bessant, Bank of America's global marketing executive, told Bloomberg News. "A company like ours is always going to choose the untainted opportunity. There is no reason to stand up for controversy."

Echoing those sentiments, Home Depot said it will not be part of a celebration unless an investigation shows Bonds did not use performance-enhancing substances. However, PepsiCo Inc. would recognize Bonds in a "muted way," according to PepsioCo North America president Dawn Hudson.

Bank of America signed a five-year sponsorship deal with MLB in 2004 after previously sponsoring several individual teams.

"We are longtime partners of baseball, and with their perception on drugs, I could stand on the roof and scream that this issue has to get resolved," Bessant told Bloomberg News. "Baseball has got to get the perception of drugs out of the spot. It matters. Cheating matters. It isn't OK to cork a bat. Cheaters shouldn't prosper."

Bonds is only seven home runs away from moving into second place on the home run list. He currently stands at 708 home runs compared to Babe Ruth's 714.

Tim Brosnan, executive vice president of business for MLB, said Tuesday that the league would formally celebrates Bonds' achievement in some way.

"There will likely be ads, either national or local, and that will be determined in the days coming up," Brosnan said. "We are basically going to be consistent with the policy we've been following for the last 10 years against many of the milestones that have been achieved in baseball."

Brosnan hinted that baseball would likely do little to commemorate Bonds' passing of Ruth.

"The big record is 755," Brosnan said. "That's where we bring in partners and create national marketing campaigns and celebrations."

A poll of 155 sports business executives at the Street & Smith's World Congress of Sports conference in New York City revealed that 45 percent would have a "very muted congratulations of Bonds." Twenty-nine percent would not have any celebration, while 26 percent said it would be appropriate to have a full celebration.

That leaves, the National League East, or the National Least, as they are so affectionately known throughout the league.
Padres? Giants? Dodgers? Diamondbacks? Rockies?
Jeez, I think I'll have to take the Dodgers at around 85-77

I think you mean the NL WEST

And wow, it was known that McGwire was on Andro and the sponsors still celebrated his achievement

If Bonds also took something that was NOT illegal in baseball at the time, why the double standard? Cause he is black?

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Whoooo, LET'S DO THIS!

Predictions:

AL East: Red Sox
I think the Yanks will win...but I can't do it
Wildcard: Indians

NL East: Braves
NL West: Red Sox West (Dodgers)
Wildcard: Mets

Triumph

Banned
Hells yeah. I'm thinking about checking out the exhibition game with the ChiSox this Friday at the Ted. Gonna watch my Bravos stomp on your palehose, Em.

***Prediction Time***

AL East
1. Toronto
2. Boston
3. New York
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore

AL Central
1. Cleveland!
2. Chicago(wc)
3. Minnesota
4. Detroit
5. Kansas City

AL West
1. Oakland
2. Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles of Greater Orange County, California, USA, Earth
3. Tejas
4. Seattle

Should be fun in the AL this year, as the best 5 or so teams clearly reside in this league(the NL just decided to suck this year, IMO). I see big upsets in the East and Central, with Boston being just good enough to contend, New York finally imploding and sending Steinbrenner into cardiac arrest, and Toronto just kickin' some ass all year long. Cleveland is a bad ass mothafucka. ChiSox just aren't gonna be that good again this year- they'll make the playoffs but not much more. In the west, I think Oakland finally puts it together and wins not only the division but a playoff series as well(maybe).

NL East
1. Braves(duh)
2. Philadelphia(wc)
3. Florida
4. Washington
5. -----
6. New York

NL Central
1. Cards
2. Brewers
3. Cubs
4. Asstros
5. Pittsburgh
6. Cincinatti

NL West
1. Dodgers
2. Giants
3. Arizona
4. San Diego
5. Colorado

The NL East... ahhh... you're my one... my precioooooouussssss... Sorry folks, it's just that this division is the only thing I have any more as a Braves fan. Division will shake out like it should, with Florida overperforming expectations and MLB finally wising up and contracting that bunch of losers in Queens at the all star break. Who wants to see a team finish 0-162? Go ahead and contract 'em now and save the trouble. I see a return to parity of sorts in the NL Central this year- it will be close between spots 1-4 but I give the edge to the Cards because of Pujols and LaRussa(as much as I hate that dirty bastard, I respect him). Pittsburgh and Cincinatti will play better than the Mets. That's about it. The Dodgers added too much to NOT improve this year. Plus, JD Drew might actually be playing with both fallopian tubes in good condition this year, but watch out for that balky uterus Dodgers fans! Seriously, this is the worst division in baseball. Bonds will be a non-factor... maybe. Even if he stays healthy, his supporting cast sucks the big one.

Post Season

Divisional Round

Toronto vs. Chi Sox- Jays in four
Cleveland vs. A's- A's in five

Atlanta vs. Dodgers- Dodgers in five(hey, even I'm not stupid)
Cards vs. Phils- Phils in four

LCS

Toronto vs. Oakland- Jays in six
Dodgers vs. Philadelphia- Phils in five

World Series

Toronto vs. Philadelphia- Jays in four. The NL team hasn't won a game in over two years, no reason to think that's gonna change anytime soon.

Player Awards

AL MVP: Vernon Wells
AL Cy Young: Doc Halladay
AL RoY: Felix Hernandez

NL MVP: Andruw Jones
NL CY Young: Jason Schmidt(yup, he's gonna rebound in a big way- you heard it here first, bitches)
NL RoY: Jeremy Hermida(remember me picking the Marlins to finish third? This kid is why.)

So there you have it.

Fifty

How can I follow that huge post by Triumph? I can't, so I'll just say that I love seeing so many people pick Toronto to win the world series ;p, let alone make the playoffs. I'll be at every game I can this year, hopefully over 70, and I might even take a few opening day pictures since they've redone the rogers centre (skydome!) somewhat...not as much as last year but they've taken some of the cement look away I hear. I'm not big on predictions so I'm not going to make a list

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Going on record as first LETS GO YANKEES post of the thread.

And also, times AJ burnett will be on DL: AT LEAST ONE.

HAHAHA ENJOY

Triumph

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Going on record as first LETS GO YANKEES post of the thread.

And also, times AJ burnett will be on DL: AT LEAST ONE.

HAHAHA ENJOY
I'll take "sports" for $1000, Alex.

"Four"

What is the number of games Mike Mussina will win this year?

"That is correct, select again!"

Y2Kev

Triumph said:
I'll take "sports" for $1000, Alex.

"Four"

What is the number of games Mike Mussina will win this year?

"That is correct, select again!"

Oh, I hope he wins four. Then we don't have to pay him a ridiculous sum of dinero when he starts his end of year bitching.

I hope he wins none, actually. I hope he has a spiritual awakening and travels across the mojave for a year.

Triumph

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Oh, I hope he wins four. Then we don't have to pay him a ridiculous sum of dinero when he starts his end of year bitching.

I hope he wins none, actually. I hope he has a spiritual awakening and travels across the mojave for a year.
I think Ricky Williams is gonna be free! Honestly, if I were a Yankees fan, I would be VERY, VERY concerned about that pitching staff.

Y2Kev

Of course I'm worried. I'm as worried as I was last year, but a bit less now that I have Wang and Chacon in the rotation. I know all the statistical arguments that show how Wang and Chacon ought to suck and deserve no trust or whatever, but I have a good feeling about them.

Wright...well, I was expecting him not to suck and he did. Pavano...when....(if?) he gets back, I like him a lot. He's not a great pitcher, but he does have the ability to do well and we saw it last year before he started feeling pain.

RJ....if he can be RJ, we're good. He was pretty good in his final tune ups, so I'm quite ready to believe in him.

It's not the best rotation, but with our offense we don't need the best rotation.

Mifune

Mehmber
NL East
1. Braves(duh)
2. Philadelphia(wc)
3. Florida
4. Washington
5. -----
6. New York

I can't believe this is seriously your prediction. The Mets have been steadily improving the last couple seasons, and now on paper, they're one of the best teams in the league. There's NO WAY they come in last.

Triumph

Banned
Mifune said:
I can't believe this is seriously your prediction. The Mets have been steadily improving the last couple seasons, and now on paper, they're one of the best teams in the league. There's NO WAY they come in last.
:lol

Come on, man. They're the Mets. It doesn't matter what they add. You can see the cracks already starting to form- both Delgado and Wags are nursing lingering injuries this spring. I don't even need to say anything about Pedro, but I will. If Pedro goes down, this is a team that goes from 90ish win potential to a team that will be lucky to win 75. Having Glavine be your number 2 guy at this stage in his career is stretching it; putting him in the number one slot to go up against Hudson, Dontrelle, Livan or Lieber is just asking for an asskicking. Honestly, they'll likely finish fourth- ahead of the godawful Nationals but behind a surprising Florida team.

Trust me- everyone who is picking the Mets to win the division or be competitive in general this year is gonna be asking themselves why the hell they were crazy enough to bet against the Braves... until they're dumb enough to do it again next year. Bobby Cox is the greatest regular season manager in all of baseball, and the Braves farm system is stocked to the brim with talent that he can plug in to help the core the team already has.

Further, it looks like Arthur Blank and his checkbook are back into the bidding on the Braves. If that happens, look for Schuerholz to have more money to play with, and then forget about ever betting on the Phils or Mets to beat the Braves again.

*shakes head sadly*

Seriously... every year people kick dirt in my Braves' faces at the beginning of the year and then have to eat a nice helping of crow in October. It's just amusing at this point. But yeah- the Mets suck, mostly because THEY'RE THE METS. It's just written into their dna at this point, the same way winning is written into the Braves'.

Alright I will make some predictions

AL

East - Yanks
Central - Chi Sox
West - Angels
Wild Card - Jays

NL

East - Braves
Central - Cardinals
West - Dodgers
Wild Card - Astros

World Series Champ = Cardinals

I will be at the Jays opener on Tuesday with a group of 20 people that I've met off the internet (Known most of them for a year now so its allll goooood), So pics will be taken :)

Ken Rosenthal was on the FAN 590 yesterday and said that based on the past few years, he was picking the Jays as they are not a statistical favourite at all and remind him of the Sox, D-Backs, Angels and Marlins

Too much pressure on the Jays :S

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!

The Mets are that one person in high school you knew that tried way too hard to impress other people. They talk about the things they did over summer break proudly, but when you ask anything about that remarkable summer camp experience, they change the subject. They name drop frequently about people they've hung out with, but everyone still knows most of what they do or say is BS and that they're not as good as your best friend.

NinSoX

Banned
Bluejays are going to own! I'm planning to watch/follow every single game this season. Prediction: 90-72

Adams SS
Catalanatto LF
Overbay 1B
Glaus 3B
Wells CF
Hillenbrand DH
Molina C
Hill 2B
Rios RF

Bench: Hinske, MacDonald, Zaun, Johnson...

This is one dangerous (and consistent) lineup throughout.

SP:

Halladay
A.J. Burnett (Scott Downs may take his place the first 2 games)
Lily
Chacin
Towers

BP:

Schowenweis...(don't know how to spell)
League
McGowan (a young Halladay)
Downs
Walker

Closer:

B.J. Ryan

Let the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Chony

I will try to make it to a Mariners game like I do every year. Myabe they will win some this year and make it to the playoffs.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
ESPN has learned that George Mitchell, former U.S. Senate majority leader from Maine, will be hired by Major League Baseball to head an investigation into past steroid use by major-league players, most prominently Barry Bonds.

Mitchell will not be the lead investigator, but he will head the investigation effort.

ESPN's confirmation of Mitchell as the head of the investigation comes after Wednesday's New York Times reported that commissioner Bud Selig was on the verge of announcing an investigation into steroid use by Bonds and other players as detailed in the book "Game of Shadows" and that Mitchell's name was being floating around baseball circles as the outside person to head such an investigation.

ESPN has learned that Bonds and any other current player who may be part of this investigation will be allowed to play while the investigation is ongoing.

Commence the drama!

Joe

al east: yanks
al cent: white sox
al west: angels
al wildcard: indians

nl east: phillies
nl cent: cards
nl west: giants
nl wildcard: mets

Triumph

Banned
Mifune said:
Wow, what an awful analogy. Is that guy in high school?

Come off it. The Mets are pretenders, other than that one year(2000 I think?). Every year it's OMG THE METS ADDED SO AND SO!!! O TEH NOES!!!

But at the end of the year, you realize that they added Mo Vaughn plus the ethiopian family he ate over the offseason and an over the hill Robby Alomar. And that as good as Pedro is, he's frail and can only help them 1/5th of the time. Or that Billy Wagner has a lingering finger injury and could be a gigantoid bust. Or that maybe, just maybe the bright glare of New York could be too much for a player like Delgado, who won't stand for the US National Anthem and values his privacy.

But keep dreaming, kiddo. I'll keep enjoying Divisional titles while you dream. I'm gonna see the latest one raised up on the 10th of April.

Triumph

Banned
Joe said:
al east: yanks
al cent: white sox
al west: angels
al wildcard: indians

nl east: phillies
nl cent: cards
nl west: giants
nl wildcard: mets
Joe, I generally like you despite the fact that you insist on rooting for the worst collection of scum and villiany this side of Mos Eisley. So I'm gonna pretend I didn't read your predictions correctly and give you this ONE opportunity to put the Braves back at the top of your NL East predictions, where they belong and will finish. And remember, it's only because I like you. I'm just going to point and laugh at Kuroyume when he posts his predictions, and I'll be laughing with 14 goddamn consecutive divisional titles behind me.

Mifune

Mehmber
But yeah- the Mets suck, mostly because THEY'RE THE METS. It's just written into their dna at this point, the same way winning is written into the Braves'.

Yeah, the Braves have 3 World Series victories to the Mets' 2, over a much longer span of time. Written into their DNA, alright. Who gives a shit about pennants and division championships if you can't win the big game? I'm from Buffalo. Believe me...nobody gives a shit. All a pennant without a ring means is you ended your season with heartbreak.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Eminem said:
Commence the drama!

Good, get this shit over with by the end of the season. Deal with the repercussions during the off season, move on for the '07 season. I'm so tired of this lingering story.

Baseball has a decent enough steroid policy now to move forward, they just need to deal with the present.

And Brewers in the NL Central:)

Triumph

Banned
Mifune said:
Yeah, the Braves have 3 World Series victories to the Mets' 2, over a much longer span of time. Written into their DNA, alright. Who gives a shit about pennants and division championships if you can't win the big game? I'm from Buffalo. Believe me...nobody gives a shit. All a pennant without a ring means is you ended your season with heartbreak.
Shh... that's crazy talk. Who wouldn't want to see their team in a position to lose to a collection of lesser talented scrubs like the Astros every year? C'mon! I live for it, personally.

Mifune

Mehmber
Triumph said:

Come off it. The Mets are pretenders, other than that one year(2000 I think?). Every year it's OMG THE METS ADDED SO AND SO!!! O TEH NOES!!!

But at the end of the year, you realize that they added Mo Vaughn plus the ethiopian family he ate over the offseason and an over the hill Robby Alomar. And that as good as Pedro is, he's frail and can only help them 1/5th of the time. Or that Billy Wagner has a lingering finger injury and could be a gigantoid bust. Or that maybe, just maybe the bright glare of New York could be too much for a player like Delgado, who won't stand for the US National Anthem and values his privacy.

But keep dreaming, kiddo. I'll keep enjoying Divisional titles while you dream. I'm gonna see the latest one raised up on the 10th of April.

The Mets were a pretty good team last year that came pretty close to making the playoffs. If Beltran and Cameron wouldn't have gone down, who knows what would have happened. And now they've filled in some of the gaps; they picked up an actual reliever, for starters. And some much needed bullpen depth. And a big cleanup hitter.

Sure, Pedro could go down. And that would be awful. But I just block that one out of my mind.

Anyway, enough talk. We both love our teams. Let's get this motherfucker started!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Miguel said:
Lining it to left....iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's GONE! IT'S GONE! IT'S GONE!

0-walkoff.jpg

*air humps*

AL Wild Card: Red Sox

NL East: Braves
NL Central: Cards
NL West: Dodgers
NL Wild Card: Phillies

Triumph

Banned
Mifune said:
The Mets were a pretty good team last year that came pretty close to making the playoffs. If Beltran and Cameron wouldn't have gone down, who knows what would have happened. And now they've filled in some of the gaps; they picked up an actual reliever, for starters. And some much needed bullpen depth. And a big cleanup hitter.

Sure, Pedro could go down. And that would be awful. But I just block that one out of my mind.

Anyway, enough talk. We both love our teams. Let's get this motherfucker started!
Sorry... you'll just have to understand, there are so many f'ing NYC transplants in Atlanta that talk shit about how "This is the Mets year!" to me, that I'm in constant Metsbash mode all season long. I generally reserve my vitriol for Kuroyume in here, though, so just smile and nod when I start talking and we'll be ok.

Joe- You have no idea, buddy. Leo was a cog in a machine, and he's been replaced by another cog. So long as that new cog doesn't destroy the machine, there's no problem. But then you wouldn't know about a franchise running like a well oiled machine with one vision from top to bottom, now would you? Not with the NY-Tampa sniping... you poor bastard you.

Kuroyume

Banned
NL East: Mets
NL West: Giants
Wildcard: Bravos

Wildcard: Red Sox

I'm a bit iffy on the NL West pick. Something tells me Barroid will not play all season because the steroids crap will drive him insane.

calder

AL East: Jays
Wildcard: Yankees

NL East: Mets
NL West: D-Backs I guess? Who cares though.
Wildcard: Braves

Joe

if the braves win the division again every single NL east gm of the past 15 years should just hang themselves.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Predictions:

Wildcard: Oakland

NL East: Atlanta
NL West: Dodgers
Wildcard: Nationals

And for fun, the over/under win totals:

NATIONAL LEAGUE
Arizona 75 Under
Atlanta 89 Over
Chicago 87 Under
Cincinnati 74 Under
Colorado 68 Over
Florida 65 Over
Houston 84 Over
Los Angeles 86 Under
Milwaukee 81 Under (barely)
New York 92 Under
Philadelphia 83 Over
Pittsburgh 75 Under
San Diego 79 Over
San Francisco 84 Under
St. Louis 94 Over
Washington 77 Over

AMERICAN LEAGUE
Baltimore 75 Under
Boston 93 Under
Chicago 92 Over
Cleveland 91 Under
Detroit 77 Over
Kansas City 65 Under
Los Angeles 89 Over
Minnesota 83 Over
New York 99 Under
Oakland 90 Over
Seattle 75 Under
Tampa Bay 67 Over
Texas 82 Under
Toronto 88 Under

Kuroyume

Banned
My other picks

Opening Day, Monday, April 3rd
-Boston Red Sox @ Texas Rangers
-Tampa Bay Devil Rays @ Baltimore Orioles
-Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City Royals
-Anahiem Angels @ Seattle Mariners
-New York Yankees @ Oakland Athletics
-Washington Nationals @ New York Mets
-Pittsburgh Pirates @ Milwaukee Brewers
-Chicago Disabled Lists @ Cincinnati Reds
-St Louis Cardinals @ Philadelphia Phillies
-Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies
-Atlanta Braves @ Los Angeles Dodgers
-Florida Marlins @ Houston Astros
-San Francisco Giants @ San Diego Padres

Late To The Part-ay, Tuesday, April 4th
-Minnesota Twins @ Toronto BluJays

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
AL East: Yankees (they'll squeeze by the Sox, again)
AL West: Athletics
Wildcard: Red Sox

NL East: Braves (WHY WON'T YOU DIE)
NL West: Dodgers (but who really knows..terrible division)
Wildcard: Astros

Barrage

Trading Hudson has taken out almost all the interest I had for the Jays. It will probably be a while before I can get into them again. Noone on the Jays lineup appeals to me right now(besides Hill.)

Gruco

Banned
I really don't see the need to post predictions, given that Triumph basically makes everything I have to say completely redundant.

So I'll just say that I'm pissed I didn't take Felix Hernandez in the 4th round of my fantasy draft, when I had the chance.

calder

I don't see why the NFL gets an offseason sticky, but it seems popular so whatever. But when the NCAA thing is mercifully over this should get the sticky. Monthy stickies work well, start gently nagging your favourite mod now!

Fifty

Barrage said:
Trading Hudson has taken out almost all the interest I had for the Jays. It will probably be a while before I can get into them again. Noone on the Jays lineup appeals to me right now(besides Hill.)

Just cheer for the Texas Rangers and be done with it

BigJonsson said:
And wow, it was known that McGwire was on Andro and the sponsors still celebrated his achievement

If Bonds also took something that was NOT illegal in baseball at the time, why the double standard? Cause he is black?

Andro wasn't illegal by baseball when McGwire was caught using it, it was banned later, and unlike steroids, it also wasn't against the friggin law. But you're right, its probably because Bonds is black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom