• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB Thread - 2006 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Miguel said:
"The Astros have a backup plan in Julio Lugo, but need to act quickly because Toronto is also in on the Devil Rays shortstop."

Jesus. Rosenthal why must you hurt me so?

Ugh f**k no :\

Kuroyume

Banned
Bwahahahahahahahahahah!

lol.gif

rc213

**** YOU DEREK BLOWE! This ****er needs to get his shit together, for the past 6 games he can barely belly flop his ass into the 6th while giving up 5+ runs everytime.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Fifty said:
Dammit! The one day the fantastic Angels bullpen plays like total crap happens to be today......

I hate their entire bullpen and this is how they repay me!

Meier

rc213 said:
**** YOU DEREK BLOWE! This ****er needs to get his shit together, for the past 6 games he can barely belly flop his ass into the 6th while giving up 5+ runs everytime.

Just was about to come cuss him out in here. Seriously, how did he go 105 innings with an ERA under 3 only to have about a 9 ERA since? He's been shockingly bad.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I know it's against the Orioles, but the White Sox actually look like a good team again.

And they finally, FINALLY rocked the shit out of a rookie pitcher. It just took us two years.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Damn it I leave for an hour and come back and we are losing 5 - 4. McGowan must have broken down. Come on League keep the lead small.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Well we lost, it is like 1 step forward than 1 step back for this team. Oh well, hopefully Halladay can deliver a win.

Fifty

That game was a waste of my ****ing time.

I should have left after the first out. Incredible to believe that we scored 4 runs before a single out was recorded, and then not a single run more for the rest of the game. Ugh. Rios 0-5 with 5 K's. Damn.. Halladay will win tomorrow, but this should have been a win. Red Sox pull further away, and the yankee lose means nothing.

Miguel said:
He really needs to fix up his high school field. It's a ****ing trainwreck, and it's named after him. A kid got hit in the face with a grounder today because the field is just a piece of shit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
PuertoRicanJuice said:
He really needs to fix up his high school field. It's a ****ing trainwreck, and it's named after him. A kid got hit in the face with a grounder today because the field is just a piece of shit.

That would make me laugh :lol

i caan be content with wang shutting out the devil rays. i can accept that the devil rays have randy's number, i can accept tht the sky is blue. i can accept that we will win the east. i can accept "backing" into the playoffs.
i can acept many things, BUT TODAY'S GAME WAS DISGUSTING!!!!!!! i'm too hungry to go into a tirade but... we'll get 'em tomorrow. hopefully schilling will stay up very late playing everquest2 (chump wont play WOW) an dbe tired and get hit hard.

_Angelus_

Banned
I won close to 500 dollars gambling,and on the trip back I hear on sports radio that the METS destroyed the Braves 11-3. What a lovely day its been.:)

SimplyAmazin.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
What is it about the Devil Rays offense? It'll randomly decide to utterly lay waste to the Yankees with no rhyme or reason.

I approve of this practice though.

Nym211 on 4-30-06 said:
"I think ultimately what it might come down to is that Cox and JS have to suit up and take the field, and at that point, when they bring their superpowers into play, we're totally screwed." "The Braves are done. I don't care who's in AAA, accept it right now that their lovely division streak is over-Finito."
A reported spotted John Schuerholtz trying on a baggy Braves uniform. He may play 3rd tomorrow. :lol

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
July 29, 2006
Sox ask for Buehrle, are turned down
By Gordon Edes, Globe Staff

The Sox this week offered center fielder Coco Crisp to the White Sox for left-handed All-Star Mark Buehrle, perhaps hoping that Buehrle's recent struggles might persuade White Sox GM Kenny Williams to move him. But the White Sox turned the deal down.

If we made that trade I think I would have killed Kenny Williams with my bare hands.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Figures.... I leave for work when the game is all tied up at 3 and then the Mets offense explodes. I always miss the good stuff.

_Angelus_

Banned
Link said:
Figures.... I leave for work when the game is all tied up at 3 and then the Mets offense explodes. I always miss the good stuff.

Maybe this will help.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASAp...tent_id=1581582&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=atl

It was Giles, on Thursday, who was proclaiming how important this series would be. But while he was shaking his head in frustration late Saturday afternoon, the Mets were feeling quite good about what they had accomplished over the past two days.

"Our goal coming in was to end their season, to show we're the better team, bury them," Mets catcher Paul Lo Duca said.

There's still hope for the remainder of the season. But all hopes for another division title have seemingly quickly faded in the span of the past two days.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Olney is going on and on about some 4 team trade the Red Sox are involved in. I have no idea what this would be.

my prediction: another hyped up deadline where nothing major gets done.

Fifty

Unless they know Soriano is going to sign with them, the Nationals would be foolish to keep him. If they can get some solid prospects in return, why not do it? Personally I'd like to see him traded to an NL team that's in the playoff hunt since he's an exciting player. Unless the other GMs aren't offering anything of value, I'd be very surprised if he's still a National.......Unless.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Fifty said:
Unless they know Soriano is going to sign with them, the Nationals would be foolish to keep him. If they can get some solid prospects in return, why not do it? Personally I'd like to see him traded to an NL team that's in the playoff hunt since he's an exciting player. Unless the other GMs aren't offering anything of value, I'd be very surprised if he's still a National.......Unless.

Rumor is the Nats turned down Santana and at least one very, very good prospect. Which is retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom