• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB Thread - 2006 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ahahahaha!!

broom.jpg

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Wellington said:
Yankees reach tentative deal for Abreu pending on Bobby's no trade clause.

I want to barf.

Well, that certainly marks the end of Sheffield's Yankees career.

Stark reported the Yankees will send 18-year-old minor-league shrotstop C.J. Henry -- their No. 1 pick in 2005 -- and 27-year-old left-handed reliever Matt Smith. The Phillies will also pick one other minor-leauge player from an agreed-upon list, while the Yankees will take on responsibility for Abreu and Lidle's contracts.

Rodriguez

ESPN is reporting C.J. Henry, Matt Smith, and a third player from the minor leagues for Bobby Abreu and Cory Lidle.

I like the addition of Lidle more than Abreu. The Yanks can finally kick fat **** Ponson out of the rotation.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Stark reported the Yankees will send 18-year-old minor-league shrotstop C.J. Henry -- their No. 1 pick in 2005 -- and 27-year-old left-handed reliever Matt Smith.

And one more that is on an "agreed upon" list.

Eh, I see no issue. This is pretty lopsided. They get an unproven prospect that's been in the system for less than a year, bullpen slop that Torre won't use anyway cause he's not one of Torre's boys™, and someone else.

Abreu sucks this year.

Y2Kev

What the ****? This umpire is a piece of shit.

Moose walks off, Posada walks off, Perez walks off.

No, I'm sure the ump saw something. Piece of shit.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Pretty terrible deal for the Phillies. Abreu does suck now, and Lidle is merely average, but is that really the best they could get for them? The main motivation appears to be a simple salary dump, but the question is, what exactly will there be in free agency to spend the money on? Not much.

Meier

I guess I'm glad we got Betemit -- he seems like a decent player...but do we need another IF? We're crowded as is and he isnt much of a power threat which is what we truly need.

Y2Kev

Dr. Strangelove said:
Pretty terrible deal for the Phillies. Abreu does suck now, and Lidle is merely average, but is that really the best they could get for them? The main motivation appears to be a simple salary dump, but the question is, what exactly will there be in free agency to spend the money on? Not much.

Mark Redman, bitches.

_Angelus_

Banned
I'm a huge believer in Nady but he is not doing jack to help our cause against the Braves right now. A juggling clown in right field this afternoon,damn.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Angelus said:
The guy just hit another for you. Hell run out and buy lotto tickets man.

His 15 points yesterday helped propel me into first. I see he is intent on keeping me there! :D

Oh yeah and he is also helping the Mets win too.

_Angelus_

Banned
Wellington said:
His 15 points yesterday helped propel me into first. I see he is intent on keeping me there! :D

Oh yeah and he is also helping the Mets win too.

Yeah he's helping you,the Mets,and himself in New York. He's come along way as part of being a player in New York. It looked ugly early on when the season started with the boos being thrown at him from the Shea crowd. Like we were going to get a repeat of last season. Arod Lite so to speak.

_Angelus_

Banned
Link said:
Christ, this game should not be this stressful.

I'll tell you what-its nice to see Floyd pinch hitting. In the back of my mind I was thinking why isn't he playing? With the trade dead line so close you never know what the heck is going on. But he played in the game today,so he hasn't been traded,whew.:)

Cloudy

Banned
Wow, the trade system in the MLB is crazy. Big money teams can totally abuse cheapskate teams by just picking up the contract :lol

Rodriguez

Official now:

Yankees get: Bobby Abreu, Cory Lidle
Phillies get: C.J. Henry, Matt Smith, Jesus Sanchez, Carlos Monasterios

Phillies paid $1.5 million to Abreu to waive his no-trade clause and the Yanks will not have to pick up Abreu's $16 million option for 2008.

Fifty

Chad Qualls, I want you to die a horrible and slow death. I needed a win from Clemens today more than anything...and since he's only pitching 7 innings these days, the Houston Blowpen comes in and ****s things up. Argh!

Clemens should have joined a good team dammit. Just not an AL East team. The one day the offense scores some runs for him..Chad mother****ing dicksucking Qualls comes in and blows it. I feel sorry for Astros fans.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Chad Qualls, I want you to die a horrible and slow death. I needed a win from Clemens today more than anything...and since he's only pitching 7 innings these days, the Houston Blowpen comes in and ****s things up. Argh!

Clemens should have joined a good team dammit. Just not an AL East team. The one day the offense scores some runs for him..Chad mother****ing dicksucking Qualls comes in and blows it. I feel sorry for Astros fans.

On the other side of things, I need this loss for Clemens because my main opponent has him. :lol

Those 7 innings and 9 ks are good for 23 points though. :( Damn you Santana and the rest of the Twins. :(

Fatalah

Well I guess this is a good deal for the Yanks.

ll year, with Matsui and Sheff, and later Cano out, I've felt something missing as if every game was a patch up job by Torre. With Abreu, I think we acquired a solid all-around player. Not only that, but with Abreu on the team, this is the Yanks' first big-time hitter acquired since A-Rod. All eyes and expectations now move to Abreu. After researching more on Abreu, I'm happy with the choice.

Reasons why this trade works:

1.) A left handed hitter playing in Yankee Stadium is always a good thing

2.) His arm is great to have, with a weak Damon arm hurting us from time to time.

3.) His speed will compliment Torre's style of play. I love speed, defense, and a good OBP--to which Abreu is 3rd in the NL.

4.) The Yanks didn't have to give up Cano, Wang, Melky, or minor league phenom Hughes.

5.) Lidle is a nice upgrade over Ponson.

6.) Damon and Abreu can carpool from their million dollar apartment complex in Manhattan... This deal is saving the earth.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:

*cries*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom