• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB Thread - 2006 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Angelus_

Banned
Core407 said:
The guy can keep striking out any way he wants if he keeps up this kind of hitting.

That guy I just cannot stand though. Not because of his hitting,its that ****ing nose. You could hang half of the state's laundry on that thing and make room for a few extras. Where the hell did he get such a beaker?

Core407

Banned
Angelus said:
That guy I just cannot stand though. Not because of his hitting,its that ****ing nose. You could hang half of the state's laundry on that thing and make room for a few extras. Where the hell did he get such a beaker?

What the hell? I forgot that baseball was a beauty contest. I think you should pay more attention to a player like Nomar if you're looking for a man to fantasize about. He might even take you up on it.

Edit: Okay, I'll admit it. I'm not the biggest fan of the guy myself and I don't know how many times he's grounded in double plays and what-not, but at least he's improving and actually contributing to the team.

Joe

white sox are

mini-choking%20man44.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
Holy crap, 10 runs and the 8th is still going on :lol

This is why Jeter cannot be MVP when he's obviously not carrying this team. This lineup is not even fair :lol

NinSoX

Banned
Here's what I think JP should do, assuming Wells doesn't want to resign here:

Trade Wells for a good young 3rd starting pitcher.

Re-sign Zaun for $1 million again. Let go of Molina.

Re-sign Johnson and, unfortunately, let Catalanatto go. Have an outfield of Johnson, Rios and Lind (although he is average at best in the outfield, he comes cheap and has pretty good offence). Move Glaus to shortstop...he's pretty decent and he played short in the minor leagues as far as I know. Hattig can play 3rd base.

Adams gone. Period. Lilly will not return...

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
siamesedreamer said:
Why?

So, they can throw more money at a bunch of FAs and lose by 15 games to the Yankees again?

eh shut up.

And the last thing I need to see is Troy Glaus at shortstop. Hell trade Wells for a good shortstop. Sign a number 3 pitcher and lets go from there.

In fact now that I think of it this increase in money is probably to try to sign Wells anyway, I doubt Rogers wants the most marketable player on the team to be traded. And if they can't come to terms than he can be traded.

Mashing

siamesedreamer said:
Why?

So, they can throw more money at a bunch of FAs and lose by 15 games to the Yankees again?

This is true. You don't beat the Yankees by outspending them. Ask the Angels.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Man, both the Astros/Phils game and Braves/Mets game are rained out. Now what the hell are we supposed to talk about?

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Jesus Sowers is owning us, get Halladay some runs damn it.

It is obvious to me now that the Blue Jays offence hates Roy Halladay.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Yes a run, celebrate. Damn it runner on third and we can't bring him home, that is going to hurt later.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Oh God I hope Halladay does not give up this run, I doubt we can score 1 let alone 2 runs. When the hell did we become the Houston Astros.

Fifty

Halladay gave a Runelvyseque performance against those last two batters.

The AL Cy Young winner: Santana, is against the D Rays tonight. That matchup is just nasty.

6 IP, 1 H, 9 K's.

Maybe if Halladay's team didn't stink whenever he pitched he'd have a shot at the Cy, but as of now it's no contest.

edit: woooo bengie HR. Maybe Halladay will get a win after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom