• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

KanZolo

2egbn94.jpg

Everyone in the off-topic forum seems to be excited for my season

MrCWS83

Logged in and accepted this morning. Recruits looking like poo poo for now. I better win or it's going to be a long tough road

GCQuinton

I'll be doing the schedules tomorrow morning and we'll be ready to start season one after that!

And if I get Army anything above three stars in this league I'll consider that a victory.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
I'll be doing the schedules tomorrow morning and we'll be ready to start season one after that!

And if I get Army anything above three stars in this league I'll consider that a victory.
I get enjoying building up a team but why did you pick Army? In a league with 11 teams rated at least 85, picking a one star 72 OVR team is pure punishment.

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
I get enjoying building up a team but why did you pick Army? In a league with 11 teams rated at least 85, picking a one star 72 OVR team is pure punishment.

Looking to the future and wanting to have some options mainly. I wanted to build both a team and coach up from the bottom. Since Army's Independent, I can adjust our schedule accordingly aside from the human games to match our talent level so that shouldn't be too bad. Even if I went 0-4 against you guys (not saying I will) I still have a shot a couple of 8-4 seasons, which would at least give us a 3 star status by Year 4, and 4 star if I won some bowl games.

If I do good with them for a few seasons, I might have a shot to go to a "big" school or get an offer from my "alma mater" North Carolina. If we've moved up in prestige enough, have enough talent, and I wanna stay I just might consider moving them into a conference.

GCQuinton

Season%20One%20%28Teams%29.jpg

Notes From The Commish:

I didn't see any instances of certain folks having more home/away games so that should be good to go. If there's a rivalry game that's not on your schedule that you didn't tell me about beforehand, it's too late to change it. Let me know for next season's schedules.

Without further ado, let's get this thing rolling!

Human Game Schedule For Season One

Arizona State
Rutgers
Oregon State
Colorado
Cal

Army
Northern Illinois
Minnesota
Colorado
Rutgers

Cal
Miss State
Pitt
Oregon State
Arizona State

Colorado
Ole Miss
Minnesota
Army
Arizona State

Kentucky
Oregon State
Minnesota
Miss State
Ole Miss

Minnesota
Pitt
Colorado
Army
Kentucky

Miss State
Cal
Northern Illinois
Kentucky
Ole Miss

Northern Illinois
Army
Ole Miss
Pitt
Miss State

Ole Miss
Colorado
Northern Illinois
Kentucky
Miss State

Oregon State
Kentucky
Rutgers
Arizona State
Cal

Pitt
Minnesota
Cal
Northern Illinois
Rutgers

Rutgers
Arizona State
Oregon State
Pitt
Army

Week One Preview coming up!

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week One Games

Army vs Northern Illinois
#25 Arizona State vs Rutgers
Colorado vs Ole Miss
Oregon State vs Kentucky
#19 Miss State vs Cal
Pitt vs Minnesota

Week One Headlines

Don't Call It A Reboot: League A Returns To Action!
BigAT, BPH Decide To Roll With Same Teams
Two Teams Start Dynasty In Top 25. Will They Last?
Owl To GCQ On Selecting Army: WTF??

Ranked Teams

Miss State - #19 Coaches
Arizona State - #25 Coaches

Game of the Week

Arizona State vs Rutgers

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!

Nightz

Did my recruiting online, got 2 instant commits. Kinda sucks that you can't see the coach goals and stuff on the website.

Anyways, when are you free to play, story?

Nightz said:
Did my recruiting online, got 2 instant commits. Kinda sucks that you can't see the coach goals and stuff on the website.

Anyways, when are you free to play, story?

Should be available around 10 or 11 EST tonight. I'll know for sure later.

Ramirez

Mik, if you could play now I'm around, otherwise it will have to be tonight around 12 EST, it could be earlier, but I'm not going to say that, I'm at the mercy of when my son goes to sleep. :p

MrCWS83

Recruiting is finished for the week and I'm ready for my game.
Owl can we play tonight or tomorrow? I work a 24 hr shift Wednesday.
I'll check in and look for a time that suits you, thanks

GCQuinton

Just a reminder to the vets who should know this already and the new guys: games that aren't played by the deadline are SIMMED. No excuses, no PM'ing me about extensions. This league moves at a certain pace that I intend to keep going, so if three days (two for all-CPU weeks) isn't enough to plan your games I don't know what to tell you.

And don't solely rely on this thread as a way to get in touch with someone. Get their AIM name, PM them on XBL, etc.

Striker

Big Papa Husker said:
Striker, what time do you want to play? I should be available after 7PM tonight. Let me know.
I should be available then.

I still haven't gone through many playbooks - might roll with the one I used in last year's game assuming its similar.

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
And don't solely rely on this thread as a way to get in touch with someone. Get their AIM name, PM them on XBL, etc.
True, any chance we could get a collection of AIM names going? I have a few members already from past leagues, but not everyone.

I'm CommandoAT on AIM for those that don't have mine.

Hay bros, just want to add, if anybody drops out and my number gets called, can you PM me? I have this thread in the subscribed list, but I might miss a specific post because I won't be reading it every day. I'll play as any team, I don't care.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Ramirez said:
Mik, if you could play now I'm around, otherwise it will have to be tonight around 12 EST, it could be earlier, but I'm not going to say that, I'm at the mercy of when my son goes to sleep. :p
Midnight eastern is perfect for me. I'll see if I can kill a few spots on my FL, otherwise, I'll just meet you in the Dynasty lobby at that time. :)

GCQuinton

Add me while you're at it, mik. I think you're the only person from the league not on my FL.

Here are the AIM names from the folks on my Buddy List. I'll add them to the OP. Those who haven't posted SNs please do so.

Striker - Toth029
BigAT - CommandoAT
GCQ - Wsv77 2K3
Crow - gafthecrow
Ramirez - CtownSkins3

And Albatross, you've been on the waiting list for a while now. If a spot opens up I'll let you know.

Ramirez

mik said:
Midnight eastern is perfect for me. I'll see if I can kill a few spots on my FL, otherwise, I'll just meet you in the Dynasty lobby at that time. :)

Awesome, I'll do my best to be there by midnight, I could be late by 10-15 minutes or so.

Nightz

My AIM name is nightz gaf. I'm rarely on AIM, but I'm fairly quick to respond to GAF PM's and I check this thread often. I only get on AIM if I'm trying to hunt you down for a game.

GG, AT. I'll take all the wins I can get against you because I know how this story is going to end once you start getting your own guys in there.

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
GG, AT. I'll take all the wins I can get against you because I know how this story is going to end once you start getting your own guys in there.
GG, by the time I figured out what adjustments I needed to do to take care of your running game, it was too late. I couldn't really get my running game going and forced passes way more than I needed to.

Striker

GG BPH. I looked at the TOP and we were almost even, but it felt like so many times your QB would extend plays and keep my defense on the field. He should be real good for you. I was just fortunate of that second TD by such a short field off the turnover. Otherwise with my damn HB getting his nail chipped (got injured twice!) and fumbling, I was a little paranoid.

Nightz

storybook77 said:
Gg nightz! Epic first game of the season.
GG man. Definitely wish it would have ended differently, but apparently my kicker went to the Nate Kaeding school for chokers lol.

Nightz said:
GG man. Definitely wish it would have ended differently, but apparently my kicker went to the Nate Kaeding school for chokers lol.
I get more nervous on those shorter kicks because of the angles. Glad you missed though! :jnc

Ramirez

GG Mik, as usual my offense was near non existent, but my D was stout as always, it usually ends up breaking in the 4th, but I managed to hang on. Only one game left...

Top Bottom