• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Seven Games

#17 Arizona State (Az) vs #11 Oregon
Colorado (MrCWS) vs Washington
Rutgers (BigAT) vs Navy
Oregon State (mik) vs BYU
Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #5 Alabama
Miss State (storybook77) vs #22 South Carolina
Northern Illinois (TheCrow) vs Western Michigan
Pitt (Striker) vs #24 Utah
Minnesota (BPH) vs #21 Kentucky (Ramirez)
#20 Cal (Nightz) vs USC

IDLE: Army (GCQ)

Week Seven Headlines

Cal's Sofele Climbs In Heisman Race After Bears Upset #2 Oregon
SEC East's Top Spot Up For Grabs In Kentucky-South Carolina Game
Pittsburgh Edges Rutgers 20-17
PAC-12 Competition Begins To Heat Up

Player of the Week

Jarrett Mackey, DT, Army
24-14 W Against FIU
3 tackles, 2 TFL, ATK, sack, FR

Ranked Teams

Arizona State - #17 Coaches, #18 Media
Cal - #20 Coaches, #16 Media
Kentucky - #21 Coaches, #14 Media
Miss State - #21 Media

Game of the Week

Minnesota vs Kentucky

WEEK SEVEN DEADLINE IS MONDAY!

Holy crap, Oregon is a pain in the ass. Thank God I knocked out Darren Thomas in the second quarter, otherwise I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Striker

I hope your 360 turns out OK, Nightz. :\

Also, I could have sworn my HB Ray Graham got injured late in my game @Rutgers, and I saw he was "Out for season" in the injury report after the game. I go on today and it says he is fine, and available to play. Not complainin', just sayin'. :p

BigAT

Striker said:

Also, I could have sworn my HB Ray Graham got injured late in my game @Rutgers, and I saw he was "Out for season" in the injury report after the game. I go on today and it says he is fine, and available to play. Not complainin', just sayin'. :p
I read in a few places that there was a bug with multiple week injuries. Basically that they showed up normally after the game, but they were being reset when the week advances.

GCQuinton

My starting HB was knocked out for 3 weeks against Tulane and all of a sudden he popped up just fine against FIU, so I've seen this too. Then again, I have no depth on my squad at all so I didn't complain :/

Nightz

Striker said:
I have a warranty from Best Buy so I can just get it swapped. Only problem is unhooking it from my entertainment system is gonna be a pain in the butt, plus with me leaving tomorrow I don't think I'll have time to get a new one until next weekend.

Gonna try the towel trick in a little bit to play my game. If that doesn't work, at least I'll get to try SuperSim from the web.

Striker

SuperSim might help me. My game vs. Utah felt like I was playing against the Ravens 2000 defense (11 pass deflections, 2 sacks, INT)) and their QB was toying with my defense left and right.

I wanted to run more because I absolutely struggle passing in this game, but they kept scoring and driving every series.

GCQuinton

Another "Damn, already?!" Games Left update:

Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #5 Alabama (Auto-Pilot?)
Miss State (storybook77) vs #22 South Carolina
Minnesota (BPH) vs #21 Kentucky (Ramirez)

Minnesota-Kentucky looks like it's being played tomorrow. Deadline's Monday, folks.

Good game man. You play some great D. You limited my QB option game and pretty much shut down my passing game - picking off my first 2 passes. This has to be one of my best games in the league this year or last. Good luck the rest of the way... the SEC looks brutal! ;\

Ramirez

We're done, KanZolo is the only one left.

Not sure how I feel about losing a game where I only give up 3 completions, ugh. Fumbled twice, two more times than I have in the game ever, lol. Missed a cupcake FG because the game didn't register my stick press, and my QB missed two back to back wide open passes in OT, the 2nd being a horribly thrown pick, Newton is anything but consistent.

Yup, was definitely the best game I've been a part of this year.

Now I get to brood for a week until I play story in the SEC Toilet Bowl.

MrCWS83

Ramirez said:
Fumbled twice, two more times than I have in the game ever, lol.
Must be nice not to turn the ball over often. I'm a turnover whore. More interceptions than fumbles but still...

Ramirez

MrCWS83 said:
Must be nice not to turn the ball over often. I'm a turnover whore. More interceptions than fumbles but still...

Oh I throw picks like it's going out of style, I hadn't seen a fumble on either side in any game yet. There were 3 that game, 2 for him and 1 for me, he recovered both, I recovered 0. :( If I could have recovered I would have won, thems the breaks I suppose.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Eight Games

Army (GCQ) vs Notre Dame
Colorado (MrCWS) vs #15 Oregon
Rutgers (BigAT) vs Louisville
Oregon State (mik) vs Washington State
Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #11 Arkansas
Northern Illinois (TheCrow) vs Buffalo
Minnesota (BPH) vs Nebraska
#18 Cal (Nightz) vs #22 Utah

IDLE: #14 Arizona State (Az), #25 Miss State (storybook77), Pitt (Striker), Kentucky (Ramirez)

Week Eight Headlines

Minnesota Escapes Kentucky 20-17 In OT
Alabama Beats Ole Miss After The Owl's Blessing To Sim
All-CPU Week Action Makes Its Debut!
Cal's Isi Sofele Is Now The Heisman Favorite

Player of the Week

Michael Carter, FS, Minnesota
20-17 W Against Kentucky
4 tackles, 2 ATK, FF, 2 INTs

Ranked Teams

Arizona State - #14 Coaches, #12 Media
Cal - #18 Coaches, #13 Media
Miss State - #25 Coaches, #18 Media

Game of the Week

Cal vs Utah

WEEK EIGHT DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!

Done. Nebraska had a furious comeback. I was up 28-7 with about 4 minutes left in the game and Nebraska turned into psycho-mode and couldn't be stopped, scoring 14 points in 3 minutes. With 40 seconds left, they were at the 50 and were lining up to go for it on 4th down. Luckily, my LB jumped up and swatted it away. *PHEW*

MrCWS83

Managed to beat Oregon, 31-24. Tyler Hansen wants some recognition on here, player of the week candidate! That's right I'm making the push for my guy. 10 for 19, not all that impressive but 418 yards passing and 4 TDs (3 passing 1 rushing) is good enough. Hope all the recruits liked that visit. Come to Boulder

MrCWS83 said:
Managed to beat Oregon, 31-24. Tyler Hansen wants some recognition on here, player of the week candidate! That's right I'm making the push for my guy. 10 for 19, not all that impressive but 418 yards passing and 4 TDs (3 passing 1 rushing) is good enough. Hope all the recruits liked that visit. Come to Boulder
Damn! 418 yds passing? How and the hell did you do that?

Striker

Got my first two recuits: shitty 3* WR who will redshirt and likely ride the pine for all his collegiate career -- a CB who I'll need after three leave via graduation, but he's hardly somebody I plan on frequently want to use next season.

Goddamn BigAT starting up Cornerback U. again. :(

mik

mik is unbeatable
I got beat by CPU Wazzu last night thanks to three massive deep balls. That motherfucker was launching the ball 40 yards downfield all night. It was crazy.

MrCWS83

Big Papa Husker said:
Damn! 418 yds passing? How and the hell did you do that?
First TD was for 99 yards. Oregon turned it over on downs. I had a few other breakaway runs in catch by my receivers. The stars were inline this morning to pull off the upset.

GCQuinton

Two games left:

Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #11 Arkansas
#18 Cal (Nightz) vs #22 Utah

Just to remind the folks who haven't done their recruiting, we advance once all games are played if you've done your recruiting or not! Deadline's tomorrow.

Ramirez

GCQuinton said:
Two games left:

Just to remind the folks who haven't done their recruiting, we advance once all games are played if you've done your recruiting or not! Deadline's tomorrow.

Hmm, I don't get off work til 9-ish, Nightz, delay your game accordingly so I can recruit. :p

GCQuinton

I've done all of my recruiting from the web so far this year and haven't had any problems. Haven't set any current week visits though, so I couldn't say there.

Nightz

Meh, SuperSim is meant to screw you over.

Twice I simmed a play on defense and got an interception. Right after it let me choose my offensive play from the playbook, but when I simulated that play it simulated it as though Utah was the one on offense. The next play I was back on defense. Both "possession changes" lead to Utah TD's.

It was also tied at 21 at the end of the 4th. I drove all the way to their 9 yard line, so with 8 seconds left I call a FG. Sim it and next thing I know I'm in OT where they proceeded to score a TD and pick me off to end the game.

New post from EA about new patch

Hey everyone, Ben Haumiller here and I’m happy to officially announce the details on the second Title Update for NCAA Football 12. Unfortunately I can’t give an exact release date, but it currently looks like the Title Update will release before the end of this month. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on the Title Update availability here and on our social channels.

Before getting to the details of the update, I want to take a moment to thank you, the NCAA Football community, for all of your patience and assistance during the past couple of weeks. A great many of you share the same passion for this game as we do, and you did everything possible to help identify issues, and provide the necessary details - not just to help make a game better, but to make your game better. If you are reading this, you are a member of the most dedicated community in gaming, and for that we are truly grateful. Now, on to the details:

Week Advance Anywhere

As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.

Custom Playbooks

With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.

Tendencies

As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.

If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.

In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.

Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

Freezes/Crashes

A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.

Gameplay

Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.

Highlights

Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.

Dynasty

Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.
Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.

RTG

Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

That concludes the list of updates that will be included in the second Title Update. Once again, thank you for your continued support, as well as your willingness to help make NCAA Football 12 the best it can be.

BigAT

storybook77 said:
So according to that, we probably shouldn't advance to year 2 until after the patch?
Yup.

Hopefully the patch hits fairly soon, the release date in the PR is "by the end of the month".

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigAT said:
Yup.

Hopefully the patch hits fairly soon, the release date in the PR is "by the end of the month".

Ugh, we're about to finish the regular season of S1.

But yeah, lucky on the injury bug (most of us, anyway ;D)

MrCWS83 said:
I just found this post, looks like we should move on to the next week

Ahh, so he meant the following Sunday. Depending on if/when we're going to progress to year 2, I don't think we should be in too much of a hurry. That's our overlord's decision to make though.

He is a wonderful overlord though.

Top Bottom