• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Magazine teaser: "Are you scared? You should be… World Exclusive!"

takriel

The Moon is falling again, bigger than ever, grinning devilishly. This time, you will be scared to no end, when you experience Majora's Mask 2: Roots of Malevolence. 3DS exclusive.

Doesn't Nintendo own the rights to Fatal Frame nowadays? (edit: at the very least, they're the most recent published of the series, I thought)

Fatal Frame 5.

But that makes too much sense.

It'll be something like Aliens.

Edit: Didn't see the pipeworks thing. Pipe Dream: To Hell and Back confirmed.

Hiltz

Secret Retro Studios Project

Good lord, you people!

Maybe the game is from Straight Right. They said they were working on a AAA port from a Square Enix title for Wii U this year. They also have an original IP, but only said the latter would be revealed soon.

hope so. using the gamepad as the spirit camera would be pretty great.

Yeah, that's what I (and apparently the very slightly belated IAmtheFMan) was thinking.

Hmm, would be interesting if Wii U became the home for genuine survival horror games. I mean, given that Zombie U is one of its pillars, and that it so far hasn't been sullied by (however awesome) balls-out action games in survival horror guise.

Disclaimer: I like balls-out action games more than survival horror games — I just thought this was an interesting possibility

Sadist

Good lord, you people!
ibfnBD5JBtLuok.gif

For the people mentioning Fatal Frame, it's too early for a new game. Project Zero II was released last June...

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Secret Retro Studios Project

Pipes? Engineering? Scary?

Luigi's Mansion 3: Sewers Gloom! for Wii U! Coming 2014.

Actually now that I think about it, this is supposed to be the "year of Luigi" isn't it?

Would also explain the constant delays for Luigi's Mansion 3DS, they want to release the two games in the same timeframe to build up hype.

So Retro's secret project is Luigi's Mansion for Wii U

Davey Cakes

Excessive pipework and engineering does make me think of engine room segments in Revelations.

But we'll have to wait and see. These things are always cryptic.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Reading elsewhere, there seem to be a very tall figure with very long arms in the teaser image, that could remind one of Revelations' zombies. Yes, we need to see the teaser image by ouselves. :D

Reading elsewhere, there seem to be a very tall figure with very long arms in the teaser image, that could remind one of Revelations' zombies. Yes, we need to see the teaser image by ouselves. :D

Usually they take pictures of these teasers in like 2 minutes.. Hurry up!

Would also explain the constant delays for Luigi's Mansion 3DS, they want to release the two games in the same timeframe to build up hype.

So Retro's secret project is Luigi's Mansion for Wii U

I'm really not sure how I would feel about that. It would most certainly be a great game, but somehow I feel like it would be wasted potential.

Slenderman? :p I would be all for that. Especially with 4 players on TV and gamepad controlling the mysterious Slenderman.

XaosWolf

But pipes don't make sense for Luigi's Mansion. And were they even a big part of RE:Revelaitons? Vents yes, but not pipes. Been a while though...

I'm really not sure how I would feel about that. It would most certainly be a great game, but somehow I feel like it would be wasted potential.

Also this.

Sadist

Yeah, your right about that, but it's not like NOA would localize it anyway.
Well I'm in Europe so... *ahum*.
I wished American Wii owners could play it

artwork_Ooze.jpg

Guess so

Hiltz

Capcom USA Vice President, Christian Svensson:

With regard to WiiU, in general we're looking forward, not back so late ports are generally not on the table.

Svensson, a late 3DS port is a late port! Can you give something to Wii U that actually is you know, new ?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

It makes too much sense.
Luigi's Mansion on GC was both a technical and graphical showcase, so giving it to Retro would allow them to shine on Wii U.

Rumors of a multiplayer mode after spotting the Nintendo Network logo on the 3DS game's box-art could possibly be related to visiting your friend's mansions as a ghost!

Kind of like in Dark Souls, it could be Nintendo's twist on the ultra hard survival game similar to Zombi U!

Possible connectivity between the two games.

I don't want it either, especially not from Retro

For the people mentioning Fatal Frame, it's too early for a new game. Project Zero II was released last June...

I haven't played the Wii version (because go to hell NOA) but how much was changed from the PS2/XB version to the Wii version? From what I read, this wasn't RE -> REmake level type changes, and more like MGS3 -> MGS 3:Subsistence. If that's so, then they could've easily been working on another game.

Hobohodo

I'm not really seeing the long arm in the pic. The Piping and claustrophobic look of it reminds me of Dead Space 1 a bit though.

Davey Cakes

Considering how good the Wii U/eShop is for indie devs, I wouldn't be surprised at Amnesia either. Maybe a special edition of the game like with Trine 2.

Top Bottom