• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Salaadin

I just picked this up again (also own PS3 version) from the Steam sale and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for good maps, mods, mutators, etc. I tried search but its not helping me :(

Im also curious about the same things for Unreal Tournament 2004 but I cant find a gaf thread for that one.

Salaadin said:
I just picked this up again (also own PS3 version) from the Steam sale and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for good maps, mods, mutators, etc. I tried search but its not helping me :(

Im also curious about the same things for Unreal Tournament 2004 but I cant find a gaf thread for that one.

Old Mod thread for UT2004: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113. Many of the links might be dead, so you'll have to go searching for the actual mods.

Don't bump it :p

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The Steam sale has improved the numbers of the player base considerably. So if you haven't played in a while, now is a good time. My Steam name is Guileless.

Guileless said:
The Steam sale has improved the numbers of the player base considerably. So if you haven't played in a while, now is a good time. My Steam name is Guileless.
Wow, you're right. I bought the Unreal Pack toward the beginning of the Steam sale and the number of players looks to have improved a bit since then. UT2004 still has more players though.

StuBurns

Banned
So I picked up the game up on PS3 the other day for cheap, the 'campaign' is dogshit, however, I've been enjoying just playing TDM a lot, and I just played my first online match and completely dominated, I got 192 of my teams 276 kills and my team won by almost double, which for me is a big deal because I tend to suck really hard at FPS and it was a lot of fun.

I tried the 2D and snowboarding games but I didn't like either. Are there any much needed mods I should check out?

Played the PS3 version last night after buying it like 6 months ago during a Hollywood Video liquidation sale. It's a lot of fun, only took one game before I was holding my own versus the other players. Had trouble with some of the weapons though, like the Rocket Launcher. I'm getting killed by it a lot but for some reason it's very ineffective for me. One shot from splash damage is enough to kill me, but it takes 2, sometimes 3 shots right at someones feet to kill them. Love the Flak Cannon.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I got this during the Steam holiday sale and just got around to installing it. Needless to say, runs like a dream at max settings on a current PC.

I have to admit, I am already in love with it; it's just a super fast and enjoyable arena shooter. I like the meaty Burly Men look and vicious super science sci-fi look of the weapons and the effects. It feels really good. Love the elaborate art direction for the maps.

It's a damn shame it failed so hard; it seems there's still a few dozen servers keeping the game alive across the various modes. I intend to keep playing as long as it lasts.

I agree the campaign is possibly the most ludicrous thing I've ever seen in gaming, complete with an inane attempt to explain arcade respawning.

BPK

Does anybody still play this on ps3? I was one of the few people who actually enjoyed the game, but I haven't been online in ages. Might fire it up tonight.

A.R.K

I am thinking about getting this game to play with friends since its pretty cheap. Few questions:

1. Does it have online bots or are they just offline?
2. Is there online co-op for campaign mode?
3. Does it have voice chat for MP?

Top Bottom