• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Persona 3 Fes thread: Welcome to Second Semester of School

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
think this got lost, but what makes this game awesome? never played this, but i'm very interested.

Guled

have never played a Persona game but am so hyped for this. Should I pre order or will their be enough copies?

Yaweee

Guled said:
have never played a Persona game but am so hyped for this. Should I pre order or will their be enough copies?

Pre-order it. Atlus games are extraordinarily difficult to find, and it is best to play it safe and pre-order, unless you like scrounging.

Guled

cpro said:
Pre-order it. Atlus games are extraordinarily difficult to find, and it is best to play it safe and pre-order, unless you like scrounging.
Ok, if thats the case I'll pre order it. It this one an rpg where having a strategy book is useful? Will their be one for FES?

Yaweee

Guled said:
Ok, if thats the case I'll pre order it. It this one an rpg where having a strategy book is useful? Will their be one for FES?

There is no guide for FES, and the P3 guide will be impossible to find. Furthermore, so many things have been changed in the original game that strategies and a 'first-round flawless run' guide would be nullified.

I'm ready!

cpro said:
There is no guide for FES, and the P3 guide will be impossible to find. Furthermore, so many things have been changed in the original game that strategies and a 'first-round flawless run' guide would be nullified.

Aw crap, my girlfriend was hoping they were doing another guidebook.

Stocka

Any news on a UK PAL release? I'm holding out on getting the original in the hope that this will come out but it's not looking likely :(

el Diablo

Banned
Bought the original P3 on release day even though i said i wouldn't without a FES announcement, kudos to Atlus for doing the right thing and releasing this here. Thank god you can carry over saves and have some info transfer, no raising academic/charm/courage for me!

BTW anyone know how many the original P3 ended up selling in the US?

TheExodu5 said:
And I ordered another copy of Nocturne...
If you're trying to resell it, I noticed that the ebay prices on that game are down. If this is a full reprint, you might not get back much more than you paid for it.

inner-G

Banned
el Diablo said:
BTW anyone know how many the original P3 ended up selling in the US?
I know it pretty much sold out. I heard they printed about 400,000 copies, but no idea if that was US, Japan, or combined.

IPGlider

Green Shinobi said:
If you're trying to resell it, I noticed that the ebay prices on that game are down. If this is a full reprint, you might not get back much more than you paid for it.

Yes, thats true, I just saw that on eBay, but I don't know if I should buy another copy too. I have my original US one still sealed since I bought it after selling my PAL version.

Giard

So, is this the original game with enhancements?
I have never played Persona 3 before. Should I buy Persona 3 before playing this one? Or is this kinda like....a stand-alone expansion pack?

I'm not too sure what to think after reading the OP.

zoku88

Giard said:
So, is this the original game with enhancements?
I have never played Persona 3 before. Should I buy Persona 3 before playing this one? Or is this kinda like....a stand-alone expansion pack?

I'm not too sure what to think after reading the OP.
There's really no reason to buy the original. FES includes an updated original game + an expansion pack.

IzumiK

Banned
Error said:
persona-3-fes-screens-20080226103057321_640w.jpg

YES! All games need cosplay.

TheExodu5

Banned
Green Shinobi said:

It's not exactly to resell. I'll keep it tucked away for now, and I can sell it on a rainy day if I need to.

Although...if I can make a quick $50 I might not say no. If I don't sell it, I'm sure I can find a friend or something that would gladly want it.

h3ro

This is my first Shin Megami Tensei/Persona game. Anything special I need to read up on for the series in terms of stories or recurring characters (Cid in FF types) or anything?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This will go great with my original P3. I can't wait. So much good stuff for Playstation family products coming in the next few weeks!

Yaweee

To reference what I mentioned earlier...

I think the details of The Answer are more spoilerish than the changes to the original, except for specific S. Link changes. Also, the thread should clarify what FES is right away-- that it is the Original Game + improvements + an epilogue/sequel.

Oh, I was also going to include Mara as one of the main features.
070325_2.jpg

Yaweee

h3ro said:
Why does that thing look like a... oh nevermind...

By my understanding, 'Mara' is the name of a Buddhist god evil, but it also sounds like a Japanese slang word for 'cock'. The SMT designers love bad puns. (Remember Shikigami, the Origami Death Gods of Nocturne?)

Green Biker Dude said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK~!

Don't worry- The Answer is basically set to Hard Difficulty, so you'd never have enough money to use the Compendium in any meaningful way anyways.

-------------------

Here's a montage of some of the new costumes.
http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/megaten/p3/sees05.jpg

----------------------------------------

Something should also be said in the OP about Review scores.

DO NOT READ/WATCH THE X-PLAY REVIEW. IT SPOILS THE END OF THE GAME.

There is no doubt whatsoever that P3:FES is better than the original, but the review average is likely to be the same or lower because that is how improved versions get reviewed. Note that P3 was already one of the highest reviewed RPGs of the last-generation, and the highest of 2007.

--------------------------

You can change the music while exploring Tartarus by talking to your support character,

-----------------------------

FES fixes a lot of the problems I had with P3, but not all of them. Fortunately, it appears that P4 uses FES as a starting point (Hard mode, alternate costumes, faster paced story) and fixes even more of the problems. (Faster paced story, more dungeons, better dungeon design, male party members are their respective S. Links)

zoku88

cpro said:
By my understanding, 'Mara' is the name of a Buddhist god evil, but it also sounds like a Japanese slang word for 'cock'. The SMT designers love bad puns. (Remember Shikigami, the Origami Death Gods of Nocturne?)
I was wondering why they were designed like that :lol

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Green Biker Dude said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK~!
cpro said:
Don't worry- The Answer is basically set to Hard Difficulty, so you'd never have enough money to use the Compendium in any meaningful way anyways.
Well, since the main character in the first game was the only one that could use the compendium anyway (as you couldn't change anybody else's), wouldn't it only make sense to not have the compendium anyway since he's dead/in a coma/whatever for the whole thing? Nobody could use it if it WAS there.

Yaweee

Monroeski said:
Well, since the main character in the first game was the only one that could use the compendium anyway (as you couldn't change anybody else's), wouldn't it only make sense to not have the compendium anyway? Nobody could use it if it WAS there.

The Answer begins with Aigis gaining the ability to use different Personas. She's the character that gets to visit the Velvet room for quests and fusions, but only Double and Triple Fusions-- no more of the Star or Square systems.

Oh, and the OP did not mention possibly the most interesting addition to The Journey,
Maxed S. Links get extra scenes in the ending

Narcosis

I'm just waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail, though I don't have any idea when I'll get around to playing through the new stuff thanks to a somewhat niche game release this month called GTAIV.

NolbertoS

Damn Atlus for releasing FES out, when I'm still not even a quarter of the way complete with Persona 3. I'll stop playing the game now, and just wait for FES and start over I guess.

Hitoshura

Banned
Its pretty frustrating that all of the stats are returned to base level...well er, not stats so much as abilities..

Do we know if DoubleJump plans to release anything?

Feep

Banned
Can someone give me a "If you like ______ you'll like P3?" I think it's the most accurate way to tell if I'll like a game or not.

Edit: Put a VIDEO GAME in there, not things like "buttsex"

nataku

So I've had P3 since it came out, but only starting playing it recently due to my massive backlog of games. I'm only about 10 hours in right now. Should I stop playing now and start over in a week when FES comes out?

Souther

Banned
Man...I have far too many games to play and finish. I just picked up 3 new PS3 games lastweek(DMC4,COD4,Dark Sector) also playing Silent Hill Origins and RockBand.

And fes comes out like next week....I guess some stuff has to go on the back burner for awhile.

I managed to get my demon compendium to around 98% and max alot out alot of links...but i still have some i haven't did...so i can get the ultimate persona for those links.

Should i bother? Or just use the clear save to start in FES?

So, i was halfway through Persona 3 when FES was announced.Can i use FES with my Persona 3 saves or do i need to start all over again, which i don't mind as PErsona 3 kicks ass?

zoku88

Feep said:
Can someone give me a "If you like ______ you'll like P3?" I think it's the most accurate way to tell if I'll like a game or not.

Edit: Put a VIDEO GAME in there, not things like "buttsex"
Sure:

If you like insert non-sucky RPG here, you'll like P3.

Delio

Totally ready for this. About to beat Persona 3 then i can jump straight into this (or finish DDS >.>) Anywho cant wait.

a friend's been raving about this for months and I figure for $30 if I don't like it for some reason, it won't hurt too bad.

Probably won't be able to play this right away since finals will be right around the corner :(

Will be picking it up day 1 though

Top Bottom