• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official SQUARE ENIX presents DK3713 Private Party 2008 Thread (READ THE OP)

If NOT for the 360 announcement, would FFXIII make it out in the US before 2010?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
duckroll said:
they're so starved for distinctive designers interally that most of the products on the horizon fall under brands he's involved in). The reality is a little of both.

Speaking of that, I love Nomura but they really need to let Naora do some more character designs for their games. He always seems to get the shaft.

duckroll

SolidSnakex said:
Speaking of that, I love Nomura but they really need to let Naora do some more character designs for their games. He always seems to get the shaft.

What, Song Summoner isn't enough for you? :p

Sorry... it pains me too. ;_;

Don't worry, there's AgitoXIII and Last Remnant to look forward to!

linsivvi

Elios83 said:
Factoring in countless remakes and low cost portings of SNES and PSX games it is really easy to release so much handheld games ;)
They can't deliver on the big projects and that's it, FFXIII will miss 2009 in USA/Europe, Versus... LOL 2011? Where is Dragon QuestIX, it's a DS game, it should have been already released.
During the PSX era Squaresoft was able to deliver THREE AAA FF games, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve and more big titles in just 4 years. The comparison with the current situation is embarassing.

Things changed. Teams that used to be large enough to handle big budget productions are considered medium-sized these days. There are probably as many if not more people working on Crisis Core as FF7, and you can say that same thing about the upcoming PSP games and DQIX.

Ponn

Banned
Well this was pretty underwhelming. I've been saying FFXIII in 2010 for U.S. for a year now. Not getting excited for a demo that will be almost a year away for U.S. I'm a KH fan but i'm so tired of offsoot games. If I have to wait two years or more to play a KH game then just skip the offshoot game bullshit , put those teams to work on your main games and get your games out in a timely manner. Then I might actually get to play a REAL KH game before next gen.

Ponn01 said:
Well this was pretty underwhelming. I've been saying FFXIII in 2010 for U.S. for a year now. Not getting excited for a demo that will be almost a year away for U.S. I'm a KH fan but i'm so tired of offsoot games. If I have to wait two years or more to play a KH game then just skip the offshoot game bullshit , put those teams to work on your main games and get your games out in a timely manner. Then I might actually get to play a REAL KH game before next gen.
From the sound if it, Birth by Sleep is going to be more then just some offshoot game.

GoldandBlue said:
From the sound if it, Birth by Sleep is going to be more then just some offshoot game.

Yes, Birth By Sleep is based on the ending movie to KH2: Final Mix. So it's not just some game they've decided to throw together for the PSP.

duckroll

AranhaHunter said:
Why are people votiing "No"? It's pretty obvious it's "Yes"

I don't think someone who couldn't be bothered to abide by avatar regulations should be talking about the "obvious". :lol

Squash

NolbertoS said:
I saw the movie twice in theatres, once with a buddy and another with my gf. I loved that movie, but I think Square put too much stock in it's success, I would've waited for more partners to offset the budget of making the movie, so Square wouldn't be in the predicament today of having to have merged with Enix.

Oh wow, someone else who liked the FF movie too. *Virtual High Five*

v1cious

Banned
ok so i'm confused. is FFXIII only multiplatform in Europe and the US? cause i can't see how this would help their worldwide platform. this game is less likely to 3 million in the US than Japan.

v1cious said:
ok so i'm confused. is FFXIII only multiplatform in Europe and the US? cause i can't see how this would help their worldwide platform.

Indeed. FFXIII will be released exclusively on PS3 in Japan in 2009. NA/EUR versions will follow in 2010 on PS3/360.

spwolf

duckroll said:
How can we tell if the assumption is remotely true if we don't even know when FFXIII is coming out in Japan? Has that occured to you? :lol

for some reason i thought it was already known... in any case, unless they plan to release in 2010 in Japan, assumption should be true...

If they dont even have dev kits right now, it will take them long time to actually finish 360 version.

FrankT

SuperSonic1305 said:
How can they not have dev kits when they already released some games for 360?

Probably just means the second team doesn't have them yet. Yea SE should most certainly have dev kits, but not necessarily the team in charge of the 360 version, yet.

Zoe

SuperSonic1305 said:
How can they not have dev kits when they already released some games for 360?

They were all probably diverted to LR, and the LR team can't afford to spare any (despite being close to release...).

iceatcs

Square might not want to increase any more licences for 360 Developer kit, why? because I could tell they got quite enough because 2 teams (Tri-ace and LR team)

I think the 360 team for LR will take over for XIII 360 development with their kits which should be started for fall after the 360 LR out. So the rest of left in the LR team should continue to be finish optimise for PS3 version.

GoldandBlue said:
I've been under the impression that Birth by Sleep is just as significant as KH1 and 2, considering it was what was plugged at the end of 2.

iceatcs

Rpgmonkey said:
Well if you really want to, RK has help!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232671

You have over a year to learn something before the full game releases if you're determined.

Oh thanks, It's seem well prepare list. Bookmarked on tab :)

Seiken said:
I'm gonna wait for the (incredibly fast) fan translation on GameFAQs. Worked for many games :)
Hmm, true - I have LCD scrolling screen, mirrored the text and put behind the front of HDTV for reflection caption on the semi-transparent shade panel with controller scroll speed and pause.
Against it is only usefully if the cutscenes are in the order and not so usually for open world game.

FirewalkR

Obviously it takes some time, but keep in mind that the 360 version won't be a port of the PS3 version, so I don't think it will delay it for too much time.

Still, I think I'll import it even if it's only in Japanese.

And if they have subtitles/english menus... it'll be... Heaven.

KZObsessed

Kagari said:
:lol IGN posted about that 'being held back by the Xbox' bit too in their article...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/896/896076p1.html

They also mention how Nomura, Toriyama, Tabata saw the online rumours about Versus not existing so they made sure to dispel them. hur hur

The inclusion of Versus XIII was specifically done to highlight that the development on the game was real, as the team had read numerous rumors online that stated that the game didn't exist.

Glad they cleared that up.

FrankT

FFObsessed said:
They also mention how Nomura, Toriyama, Tabata saw the online rumours about Versus not existing so they made sure to dispel them. hur hur

Nice catch, I wonder what a reasonable expectation as far as a release window for Versus is concerned.

duckroll

I'm sure the best way to assure everyone that your game is real is to hold a private event showing it where only 2,400 people in all of Japan will be invited to attend, and then also invite press, but ensure no one can take any photos or video, and then instruct the press specifically not to talk about what they actually saw.

Quazar

duckroll said:
I'm sure the best way to assure everyone that your game is real is to hold a private event showing it where only 2,400 people in all of Japan will be invited to attend, and then also invite press, but ensure no one can take any photos or video, and then instruct the press specifically not to talk about what they actually saw.

They did this? Really? Or am I just missing the sarcasm?

FFObsessed said:

The inclusion of Versus XIII was specifically done to highlight that the development on the game was real, as the team had read numerous rumors online that stated that the game didn't exist.

Perhaps we should start more rumors so they can show more footage. How about a rumor that the people who went to the event made up the story about the footage and if we don't see it online then it doesn't exist.

Ponn

Banned
Aaron Strife said:
I've been under the impression that Birth by Sleep is just as significant as KH1 and 2, considering it was what was plugged at the end of 2.
Yeaa... I have heard that line before on sidestory games like chains of memories and crisis core. To bad GAF reality seldom = real reality.

Defuser

I wouldn't consider Crisis Core a side story. My take on side story is another insignificant story happening during the Main Story.

duckroll

Ponn01 said:
Yeaa... I have heard that line before on sidestory games like chains of memories and crisis core. To bad GAF reality seldom = real reality.

How is Chains of Memories and Crisis Core comparable... at all? I don't think it's remotely a "GAF reality" that CoM was ever hyped or mentioned to be as significant as KH. In fact, it was announced to be a bridge between KH 1 and 2, so what you're saying... makes no sense.

GoldandBlue said:
Perhaps we should start more rumors so they can show more footage. How about a rumor that the people who went to the event made up the story about the footage and if we don't see it online then it doesn't exist.

That's not a rumor. Have you seen any Versus footage? I sure as hell haven't. Fake total! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom