• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Uncharted 2: Among Thieves MP Demo Impressions Thread

Deleted the demo in anticipation for the game's release. Had a lot of fun with it and I generally despise MP games. I can see myself playing this for quite a while.

Dyno

Kloid said:
They've already kicked in. :)

It isn't signposted very well at all, but you purchase boosters (and other stuff) using your in-game cash through the Store. Press R1 on the screen which has the option at the bottom.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

jett

D-Member
Playing the beta more, I cannot believe the dipshits that bitched and moaned about KZ2 not having this garbage party system. I prefer the way KZ2 does things 10 times more.

mr_nothin

Banned
jett said:
Playing the beta more, I cannot believe the dipshits that bitched and moaned about KZ2 not having this garbage party system. I prefer the way KZ2 does things 10 times more.
:)

I completely agree and I've explained my whole stance on it a few pages back.

droopy

Wow, I just played a game of plunder with two good, evenly matched teams. so good.
The way the game tends to spawn you at the other teams' treasure chest (on Village anyway) makes the match into a crazy awesome tug of war.

Angelcurio

StrikerObi said:
I play as Sully. I don't understand why nobody plays as Sully. He's totally the coolest character. He's a cigar smokin', whiskey drinkin' old man with a foul mouth. What's not to like? He's wise beyond his years and he'll kick your fucking teeth in.
On the contrary, i think too many people play as him. That my hero character too, and i have played some matchs in which all 5 of us have Sully as the hero avatar.

I think that in a couple of matches i have also coindiced with m3freak playing as Sully too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll be able to get on this soon, but can someone confirm or deny if it's back up? I'll be mighty disappointed if the beta is still down.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Snuggler said:
I'll be able to get on this soon, but can someone confirm or deny if it's back up? I'll be mighty disappointed if the beta is still down.

You're in the demo thread... so are you talking about the demo, or do you really mean the beta?

If it's the demo I don't see why it'd be too hard to just , you know... try it yourself. Seems to work for some people even when down for others, so probably best to just check it out. If you don't currently have the demo, why worry about something that doesn't even affect you, considering it's probably just a temporary issue anyway?

gamman

Neo Member
Angelcurio said:
On the contrary, i think too many people play as him. That my hero character too, and i have played some matchs in which all 5 of us have Sully as the hero avatar.

I played as Sully as well, until I got the thief Natan, only because it wasn't common for obvious reasons.
I kinda wish there was another unlockable Sully.

AFreak

Banned
I use Sully as well.

Also, anyone have tips on how to get better at this game? I have games where things just click and im getting 21 kills and like 4 deaths then i'll play another match and have 4 kills and 12 deaths. I can't really be consistent at it and its kinda pissing m off(not enough to not buy the game, i fucking love it).

But anything to get me more consistent would certainly be a plus. I normally fire through the crosshairs and not with the hip, but if i put the reticule on the head and fire, usually most of the shots come up missing.

I also suck terribly with the AK-47. Wish they'd spawn me with an M4.

sca2511

AFreak said:
I use Sully as well.

Also, anyone have tips on how to get better at this game? I have games where things just click and im getting 21 kills and like 4 deaths then i'll play another match and have 4 kills and 12 deaths. I can't really be consistent at it and its kinda pissing m off(not enough to not buy the game, i fucking love it).

But anything to get me more consistent would certainly be a plus. I normally fire through the crosshairs and not with the hip, but if i put the reticule on the head and fire, usually most of the shots come up missing.

I also suck terribly with the AK-47. Wish they'd spawn me with an M4.
1 - 3 shot bursts with the AK from far away work for me. Multiplayer is great, has great animation and i love the vertical aspect of it. Gun's just feel right, but the one gun i absolutely hate is the shotgun pistol thing, the one with only two shots. Shit is overpowered.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
recklessmind said:
You're in the demo thread... so are you talking about the demo, or do you really mean the beta?

If it's the demo I don't see why it'd be too hard to just , you know... try it yourself. Seems to work for some people even when down for others, so probably best to just check it out. If you don't currently have the demo, why worry about something that doesn't even affect you, considering it's probably just a temporary issue anyway?
The U2 beta or demo or whatever you'd like to call it was down earlier, so I was asking if it was back up since I was away from my PS3 at the time. If I could bring my PS3 to work, I would try it myself. Anyways, I cannot wait for this game to come out. I'm so into the multiplayer that its almost hard to believe that it'll be on the same disk as one of the best single player games of the year.

AFreak

Banned
sca2511 said:
1 - 3 shot bursts with the AK from far away work for me. Multiplayer is great, has great animation and i love the vertical aspect of it. Gun's just feel right, but the one gun i absolutely hate is the shotgun pistol thing, the one with only two shots. Shit is overpowered.
I do burst fire with the AK, but it rarely works. Do you have to lead shots, and should you stand still while firing? I normally walk fire and most of my shots end up missing, so should I start standing still while aiming at someone's head?

Also, can I throw a grenade while rolling with O? I normally see people drop a grenade while rolling away from me.

dfyb

Banned
fun game to take screenshots of. here's some i captured today

56jtyjf6j5.JPG

54h445h54h.JPG

6jr67k67r67.JPG

uyk67ktyj.JPG

54dg54g54.JPG

vgjhvthty5.JPG

leng jai

This has probably already been mentioned several times in this thread, but are the stats from the beta going to carry over to the full game?

jett said:
Stockholm syndrome.

jax (old)

Banned
Matchmaking is working perfectly right now. so get online if you want to play uncharted MP.

I've played like 20+ games in quick sucession and its amazingly fun. Finally got the groove and I got to say, I'm pretty good. Normally in the top or 2nd in terms of number of kills and I managed to get a triple kill with the grenade launcher. So much fun. I think once you figure out where weapons spawn to, it's get quite fun.

:)

very fun.

love the pistole. My new favourite!

jax (old)

Banned
I think they should just eliminate eliminator altogether. Worst game mode. Too short so you can't rack out "bonus" money. And it is very annoying to have to wait when you're dead. Its like deathmatch with NO fun.

I literally leave party when its an eliminator game. Just not fun.

That said, I am super hyped for retail. 7 maps! woot. So so so amped.

Minamu

leng jai said:
This has probably already been mentioned several times in this thread, but are the stats from the beta going to carry over to the full game?
They never* are.

* sort of, kind of.

scoobs

Anyone else find it nearly impossible to fire from the hip up close?? Especially with the AK, i CANNOT for the life of me kill anyone firing from the hip, its impossible.

Zutroy

I just had such a fun match! It wasn't particularly exciting, just everytime I killed one of two guys on the other team, they would through little mini hissy fits! So naturally, I forgot about the treasure and just kept going after them :lol

A.R.K

jett said:

Yeah isn't that weird. Right now the party system is very limited specifically there is no way to search for games that you want to join or not join (for e.g. I don't want to join sniper+pistol game but thats what I got from matchmaking). I am hoping ND will make the matchmaking better with different search options or provide an alternative of games list that ppl can join. Some how I am liking how KZ has done things accept it does not have a party system for friends to join together and stay together in a lobby.

Dyno

scoobs said:
Anyone else find it nearly impossible to fire from the hip up close?? Especially with the AK, i CANNOT for the life of me kill anyone firing from the hip, its impossible.

Fire at them as you are running toward/around them and then ding them with a meele attack.

It's my forte because I'm kind of mediocre at all other aspects of the game.

jax (old)

Banned
I'm really good at this game. :)

anyhow. last night was magic. I'm guessing they're added more servers because matchmaking was SWEEETTT - connections within a minute.

full retail, more maps. fun fun fun.

EekTheKat

Another day, another round full of idiots sitting around the two roof areas "sniping" in village in a gold-rush coop game.

Complete and utter useless idiots, and they expect you to drop your gold cap to run back to rescue them once they get owned.

EekTheKat said:
Another day, another round full of idiots sitting around the two roof areas "sniping" in village in a gold-rush coop game.

Complete and utter useless idiots, and they expect you to drop your gold cap to run back to rescue them once they get owned.

Oh my god, I hate these fucking dumb asses, whenever I'm dying, they're too busy sitting on top of the building right next to me waiting for the Sniper rifle to respawn to come down and revive me, and after that they don't even try to finish the fucking round, they just go back to the top of the buildings and keep sniping.

It would be nice to have the option to play the goldrush gametype by yourself like you can machinima. Coop is a blast and all but having the option to go it solo would be great.

Damn you move fast with the perk that lets you move faster with the treasure. I know I was gonna move faster but not that much. Always gonna use it on plunder games from now on.
Its now only worth throwing it if there are obstacles in the way and you have a friend to pick it up.

I really wish the 13-year-olds throwing around racial slurs would stick to Xbox Live where they belong. No need to shit up this game with your faux-ghetto trash talk.

Cocksuckers.

haha. I played last night with friends from Puerto Rico (i live in the states). Those Higher level people sure suck. First match was Plunder. 5-0 haha. <3

Last match of the night was team deathmatch. NOW those we played against were skilled. It was a close damn match. We came out on top. Score was 50-46. ;D

prophecy0

I played some more of the demo last night and had a good time, but for the first time I got completely frustrated. I was in a Plunder match on Temple. I'm at level 7, most of the other people playing are 40+. It wasn't a complete slaughter, but I did die a lot. It seemed like I could empty a clip into someone and they would be fine, but a few shots would take me down. Does the rifle aim perk make the AK significantly more accurate or something?

Also, one dude on the other team was kind of an idiot. I respawned after getting killed, ran out of the spawn room, and ran right into a guy on the other team. I shot him, killed him, then heard him yelling to his team "man, those fckers are camping in their spawn room" :lol .

So, does anyone have some general MP tips? Also, is there a good list of all of the 'hidden' areas in the various maps? I really have no idea where any of the super weapons spawn.

LaneDS

Beta is officially closed. 350 matches of amazing fun. Helped convince three of my friends to pick up the game simply by how enjoyable it was. Thanks Naughty Dog.

See you all tomorrow.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
RIP beta. We had alot of fun together.
I feel like a played it a lot more than what it shows, but either way, I sure am ready for the real thing.

xc8wtk.jpg

What a brilliant taste that beta gave us. Can't wait for the real deal. It might take a few weeks for me, as mine is coming from Play-Asia...but hell...never thought Uncharted multiplayer would ever be my go-to online fun. Awesome work, Naughty Dog.

Top Bottom