• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Worldwide Nintendo Wii Launch Thread

Found these at another forum.

1018061750nj3.jpg

1018061751ts2.jpg

1018061754ed2.jpg

1018061756dc6.jpg

1015061406om7.jpg

1015061411ni4.jpg

1015061408bx7.jpg

jvalioli

I think those are display cases. I think the real cases are solid white.
civilstrife said:

1018061750nj3.jpg
That looks like it takes up way too much space. Though, the wiimote holder is kind of nice.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
If they made a version of that JUST for the system and wiimotes, it'd be awesome. Perhaps a slide out tray at the bottom for the nunchuks as well, but the shit for the gamecases makes it kinda tacky.

Nicktals

Banned
Someone at IGN said they're selling a "small stand" and a "large stand". I just asked for clarification. He saw them at a Target as well.

civilstrife said:

1018061750nj3.jpg

i like the remotes tray, putting away controllers is always the hardest thing in game storaging, i welcome the remote tray.

but i don;t like the DVD rack, it takes more space then actual DVD cases stacked together and your a most likely to have a normal rack in your living room for DVDs anyway

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I used to work at Target, specifically in the electronics dept and I still have some friends working there, so I'll try to stop by tomorrow and ask them if they can bring out any accessories that they have and I'll get some shots. As long as they have stuff, that is.

We had 360 accessories almost a month and a half before launch last year.

Is there a place where I can find out if a Wii game is in widescreen and/or progressive scan?

I am specifically interested in Zelda, Rayman, Monkey Ball, and Elebits.

Thank you!!!

civilstrife said:
We now have the official official Zelda boxarts.
Oh goodness. Well Ami, I grant you that the GCN version has the superior box.

The gamecube boxart looks better. Why did they have to shadow out Link like that in the Wii vesion?

methodman

Banned
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Is there a place where I can find out if a Wii game is in widescreen and/or progressive scan?

I am specifically interested in Zelda, Rayman, Monkey Ball, and Elebits.

Thank you!!!

Yes, Yes, Yes, I don't know.

suaveric

IAmtheFMan said:
For any in the Cincinnati area (that didn't preorder) how are you guys approaching launch? Me and a couple buddies are gonna be camping out a couple hours before midnight, but... uh... we don't know where yet and I've always preordered before this time. We were thinking either Target or Circuit City, or the Best Buy in Tri-County. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Seeing how it will be a Sunday morning... Look at what time those stores open up. Chances are Target and Walmart open up hours before Best Buy.

Some other details that might be worth adding in:
-# of Launch games in each territory, Games marked as exclusive to Wii
-The Wii will act as a DS Download Station (may not be launch functionality)

More Message Board stuff
-Play History - The Wii OS will keep track of the amount of time a person has played a game for. Family members are tracked seperately and each will have their own set of "memories"
-Option to send friends a message indicating a game was purchased (not finalized)
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121449&highlight=wii+track+time+played

SuperPac

wonderfuldays said:
Why this thread didn't Sticky?

http://wii.com/jp/wii-cm/
BTW, here is the new TVCM about wiimote for Japan.
I think it will be contain in the Startup disc.(Something like that:))

Will they do similar teaser ads in the US?

I like the focus on the remote and all the ways you can use it. I would imagine we'll start seeing some gameplay-focused commercials soon enough, but these are great.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think those commercials are going to work a treat in Japan.

Very simple idea, but makes the point they are trying to get across perfectly.

Amir0x

Banned
I still don't understand the decision behind not bringing WiiPlay to the US w/ the free remote, so weird!

5000points+classic controller better ****in' come though

Amir0x

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Wait, it's not coming, or it hasn't been announced?

I want Wii Play, dang it!

Well, it's definitely not a launch game like it is for JPN and EURO in any case... and there is no word on it coming at any time during the US's launch window. I can't imagine they'd suddenly announce it in the next few weeks as a surprise, but I suppose anything is possible. Of course, the US has the earliest launch so maybe that's contributing to this.

Amir0x said:
Well, it's definitely not a launch game like it is for JPN and EURO in any case... and there is no word on it coming at any time during the US's launch window. I can't imagine they'd suddenly announce it in the next few weeks as a surprise, but I suppose anything is possible. Of course, the US has the earliest launch so maybe that's contributing to this.
Why not?
They're gonna announce Pikmin 3 soon for Launch AREN'T you Nintendo!

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Amir0x said:
I still don't understand the decision behind not bringing WiiPlay to the US w/ the free remote, so weird!

Yeah NOA is behind the times compared to NCL. Though I always get flamed when I say that. I mean it's part of miyamoto's (is that how you spell his name?) master plan according to the Iwata itnerviews after all.

Heads Up!

I did not see this news posted also I did not want to start a new thread about it

I just got an email from Ubisoft it seems they have a marketing site up
called the Dojo of Pain for REDSTEEL where members can earn prizes... 3 Wiis can be purchased by points earned

300000 stars gets you a Wii (3 in stock)

100000 stars gets you a DS Lite (3 in stock)

75000 stars gets you a Wii-mote and Nunchuck (15 in stock)

60000 stars gets you games

Redsteel (20 in stock)

Far Cry Vengeance (20 in stock)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (20 in stock)

15000 stars for a Redsteel T-Shirt (70 in Stock)

you get stars by posting on blogs and forum and sending friends to join

examples:

friends signing up using this would earn me points
http://www.dojoofpain.com/redsteel/?friend=2c7L58

sending people to watch this:
Silly Youtube Vid
Would earn me Points

I'm poor and this would be worth it for me but I doubt I can earn enough for a T-Shirt

medrew

I'm starting to have major regrets about my importing of a Wii. I can see it not coming until next year and just sitting here reading about Zelda. :(

I need to get banned.

Rocked

Amir0x said:

At least your getting Excite Truck this year. :(

Amir0x

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
sending people to watch this:
Silly Youtube Vid
Would earn me Points

Haha, this is one of them viral marketing sites. I love these things! It's so ****ing easy to win something. I guarantee I'll be able to at least get a copy of Red Steel out of this, it's not hard at all :D

I got a crazy link too:

CLICK THIS LINK IT'S VIRAL MARKETING ON GAF :lol

Actually, the hardest part of these things is getting the dude to notice you so that he advances your level since you need to be a certain level to purchase some of the better items.

Amir0x

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
Is it really that easy?

well I'm just glad you are not deleting my link...

but I got to work on the Sensei dude

Yes, it's extremely easy. I already have 1000points in just a few seconds, and Red Steel only costs 20,000 :lol

I already mapped out a plan to have 10,000 by the end of the week.

Smiles and Cries said:
Seriously? :D please link me to facts

US boxart on IGN complete with ERSB pending logo & English text..
http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/735/735577/img_3973833.html

Yahoo games confirms it ships in December...
http://videogames.yahoo.com/gamepreview?cid=1951383592&tab=previews&page=0&eid=487300
If you're looking for a complement to Wii Sports or are a fan of golf games, you'll want to keep an eye out for Super Swing Golf when it ships in December.
Wikipedia has December 12th as US date.

Top Bottom