• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official (WW) Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Reunions, Forgiveness and Love

jjasper

Man free $25 dollars for buying Mario Galaxy? Sign me up. Looks like I will be able to get both Assassin's Creed and Mario Galaxy afterall:D

EktorPR said:
Spoiler that shit.

It's not really a spoiler, but just because people are anal, I think he's talking about
in the first Bowser boss stage, these static placed flame throwers look like FLUDD's head

German multiplatform mag GamePro (yeah...) gave Mario Galaxy 94% in the new issue. I don't like GamePro too much, but its considered to be one of the best console magazines in germany. They usually score games too high for my taste, but Galaxy nevertheless got the best score in the magazines history. (Resi4 is the only game that scored a 94, too)

rhino4evr

slaughterking said:
German multiplatform mag GamePro (yeah...) gave Mario Galaxy 94% in the new issue. I don't like GamePro too much, but its considered to be one of the best console magazines in germany. They usually score games too high for my taste, but Galaxy nevertheless got the best score in the magazines history. (Resi4 is the only game that scored a 94, too)

94%? Burn it.

PS - why is it that all the Europe magazines have review scores already out when none of the US mags/sites do? Besides the fact that it comes out in the US before it comes out in the UK.

Dr.Hadji

slaughterking said:

Is that the same GamePro as our GamePro? Interesting, they pretty much have the opposite spectrum of game scales (the 5 star scale vs the 100 point scale). Anyways, ownage.

Dr.Hadji said:
Is that the same GamePro as our GamePro? Interesting, they pretty much have the opposite spectrum of game scales (the 5 star scale vs the 100 point scale). Anyways, ownage.
They have the same publisher (IDG), so they are somewhat related, but other than that they are completely different publications.

dude

dude
slaughterking said:

Sounds good.

TomO

How's the game looking on HD TVs? It looks great in videos, but most Wii games tend to look pretty rough when on a large screen. The lighting seems to give everything a real crisp edge, so it'd be a shame if that's lost.

There's a lot of jaggies on a HDTV and the bigger the picture the worst it looks. But the games so much fun you'll forget about them in a few minutes of play...

tnw

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
It's not really a spoiler, but just because people are anal, I think he's talking about
in the first Bowser boss stage, these static placed flame throwers look like FLUDD's head

they actually appeaer before that
the third star on the second galaxy has FLUDD heads that shoot bubbles at you

rhino4evr said:
PS - why is it that all the Europe magazines have review scores already out when none of the US mags/sites do? Besides the fact that it comes out in the US before it comes out in the UK.
NOA like-a the embargoes.

EktorPR

ShockingAlberto said:
NOA like-a the embargoes.

No embargoes for this game's reviews, MattIGN already stated that.

And ROFL @ the people implying Nintendo isn't advertising Galaxy in Japan. A question: have you not seen the plethora of *great* ads Nintendo has created for the game? Selective memory FTL.

MisterHero

tnw said:
it's sacrilidge to post anything critical about the game.
It has nothing to do with other people being hyped that you can't say something critical. Though it's harder to illustrate your point when people haven't played for themselves and thus can't agree or disagree.

Either way, a concern like the 'inability to control flying in between planets' is something that they probably considered but didn't include it in the game. It's not like they tried to make it happen and executed it poorly.

NotWii

Banned
I NEED THIS GAME NOW!

EktorPR said:
And ROFL @ the people implying Nintendo isn't advertising Galaxy in Japan. A question: have you not seen the plethora of *great* ads Nintendo has created for the game? Selective memory FTL.
The ads are great, but that doesn't mean they're showing them on TV nonstop like they should be.

kottila

EktorPR said:
No embargoes for this game's reviews, MattIGN already stated that.

Ads on Nintendo or gaming websides != ads on tv or elsewhere. Guess where the audience is the largest? Even Zack and Wiki had a ad on the net.

traveler

Not Wario
skip said:
I think so in today's 1UP Show, yeah. they haven't taped 1UPY yet, but shane will probably talk about it.

Spoiler heavy section in the 1up Show? (i.e. stuff that wasn't shown up to this year's E3) I need to know whether to skip or not.

skip

traveler said:
Spoiler heavy section in the 1up Show? (i.e. stuff that wasn't shown up to this year's E3) I need to know whether to skip or not.

haven't seen the footage. not much that's spoilery in the review text.

Dr.Hadji

wayward archer said:
To be totally honest, I thought I wasn't going to like this game.

Where are you people coming from. And why do all you people have imports and or live in Japan. Spork with his 3d Mario apathy, tnw with whatever hes selling and now you. Why do you you uncleans have this game before me.

Eteric Rice

Kandinsky said:
man, for some reason i hope the game gets 8's all around, would be fun to see the reactions :D

Don't do that. Wii fans already get roasted for our shitty third party games. Having a really good game is a good thing. :|

rhino4evr

after Zelda PH got an 8, my trust in 1up reviews have diminised a bit, but it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game. Which is easily a 9.0-9.5 IMO

EktorPR

Eteric Rice said:
Don't do that. Wii fans already get roasted for our shitty third party games. Having a really good game is a good thing. :|

Yeah, why should the Xbots be the only ones allowed to celebrate and be happy when a really good game comes out for their favorite system? Wii fans have been clamoring for one since launch day.

Top Bottom