• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
cjelly said:
On Inside Xbox in the UK today, they say Bubble Bobble Neo is releasing worldwide later in the year; the only reason it hit Japan earlier is because they didn't get TMNT so they needed something to fill the gap.

Exactly what I expected.

Hey, so anyone recollect that summer arcade deal?

I ended up purchasing Trials HD, which was really the only one I was iffy on I suppose.

But the games were SC, Trials, TMNT, and Splosion Man, right? Or was there another game..?

(For the 800 points off deal)

goldenpp72

Kureishima said:

I ended up purchasing Trials HD, which was really the only one I was iffy on I suppose.

But the games were SC, Trials, TMNT, and Splosion Man, right? Or was there another game..?

Don't forget marvel vs capcom 2.

Grecco

Kureishima said:

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Alphahawk

bathala said:
I just voted this on Sega's poll for their resurrection game. Does this mean it goes to Gameloft now?

They took EWJ off the poll, which kinda makes you wonder about why it was there in the first place...

shintoki said:
Why spend 1200 points, if you only get 800 back, if it's a game you don't seem excited about :lol

I'm definitely not. I was considering it when I was completely blind to the requirement of purchasing MvC 2 - but that makes 2 gameS I really don't want, MvC2 and TMNT. Was a nice thought, though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hudson's Bomberman Live Sells Over 500,000 on Xbox Live

Hudson Entertainment, the North American arm of Hudson Soft, sent word today that its Xbox Live Arcade release of Bomberman Live has now exceeded 500,000 copies sold on Microsoft's online service. The classic title sells for just 800 Microsoft Points ($10) and offers 4-person local multiplayer and 8-person online multiplayer along with revamped high-definition graphics.

“We are awed by the enthusiasm and excitement of Bomberman fans everywhere,” says Sabine Duvall, Vice President of Digital Download at Hudson Entertainment. “Watching fans have fun with Bomberman and each other in this classic, fast-paced action game has been truly rewarding. The success of Bomberman LIVE is a testament to the longevity of the Bomberman series, which has entertained fans of all ages on nearly all platforms and continues to do so.”

This is yet another example of how hugely successful downloadable games and DLC can be. After all, how much could it have really cost to revive a title like Bomberman? Even taking out Microsoft's cut of the revenue, the game is likely very profitable for Hudson.

Alex

Looks like they don't know if they're making a Cartoon Network license or a Vandal Hearts game. Also, why are the maps seemingly all flat?

I love simple, scenario driven SRPG's like Fire Emblem, Shining Force, the original Vandal Hearts, etc. It's a shame it has to look like this, especially after Vandal Hearts 2 was already pretty much shit.

However, for all it's failures Vandal Hearts II at least had some really admirable art direction, at least:

199180_53007_front.jpg

So I have around 800 pts to spend, and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to buy.

Games I have:
Shadow Complex
Castle Crashers
Braid
BF1943

Games I'm not interested in:
Any of the 4 XBLA summer games other than Shadow Complex

KilgoreTrout said:
So I have around 800 pts to spend, and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to buy.

Games I have:
Shadow Complex
Castle Crashers
Braid
BF1943

Games I'm not interested in:
Any of the 4 XBLA summer games other than Shadow Complex

geometry wars 2 is the tits.

It is one of those, "one more try" type of games that will take you into the wee hours of the morning and make your wife scowl at you in disapproval.

I also liked Band of Bugs, but I think I'm the only person in the world that did... o_O

How is Sam and Max Save the World? I just downloaded before bed but I have class tonight so won't get to start it until tomorrow. I love good point and click games so I expect it to be fun. I'll probably check out the original Monkey Island next (have only played escape from MI). Any other good point and clicks for the 360?

Peff

SquallASF said:
How is Sam and Max Save the World? I just downloaded before bed but I have class tonight so won't get to start it until tomorrow. I love good point and click games so I expect it to be fun. I'll probably check out the original Monkey Island next (have only played escape from MI). Any other good point and clicks for the 360?

Pretty much the only other choices are Wallace & Gromit (the only episode available right now is easy and runs questionably on 360 but it's very nice) and CSI (somewhat similar to the investigation part of Ace Attorney games from what I tried, can't say if it is worth playing but it is a Telltale Games game so it should be.). Sam & Max is great, the second season is even better, and of course MI is a must-play.

Peff said:
Pretty much the only other choices are Wallace & Gromit (the only episode available right now is easy and runs questionably on 360 but it's very nice) and CSI (somewhat similar to the investigation part of Ace Attorney games from what I tried, can't say if it is worth playing but it is a Telltale Games game so it should be.). Sam & Max is great, the second season is even better, and of course MI is a must-play.

What do you mean second session? I know that this download includes 6 episodes so don't know if you mean the next episode or if there's another Sam and Max that I didn't see. My favorite point and click series is the Broken Sword series, just played the directors cut on the Wii. Still need to play some of the classics though.

Peff

SquallASF said:
What do you mean second session? I know that this download includes 6 episodes so don't know if you mean the next episode or if there's another Sam and Max that I didn't see. My favorite point and click series is the Broken Sword series, just played the directors cut on the Wii. Still need to play some of the classics though.

Ooops, sorry, should have explained that part. Sam & Max Save the World was first released in PC as Sam & Max Season One (like the seasons of a TV series), which is the six episodes you have. After that, Season Two was released, which is basically the "sequel" with five more episodes that haven't been released in XBLA yet (but will be, I guess in September/October). Both seasons were renamed for their Arcade releases, with Season One being Save the World and Season Two Beyond Time and Space.

Hunahan

Banned
SquallASF said:
The 6 episodes on XBLA are, collectively, "Season One."

This is the only season available on XBLA thus far.

On PC, "Season Two," a separate collection of episodes is already released. This will be coming to XBLA at some time in the future.

And for whatever it's worth, I found the Sam & Max Season one obtuse and fairly boring, but feel free to give it a shot for yourself and see what you think....

Monkey Island is the cream of the crop so far, imo.

Ahh I see, thanks guys! I'll make sure to get the next season when it hits XBLA if I like this one which I'm sure I will. I hear it's quite funny. I plan on getting Monkey Island as well as the new Monkey Island episodes for the Wii though I'm waiting for those to all come out together on a disc first as I'd like to play them all in a row :)

muckhole

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but does anyone know if a Live title purchased off Amazon would still count towards buying all the titles? Or do they only count games purchased directly through the dashboard? I can't seem to find an answer.

Def Jukie

I guess it was just wishful thinking that the points would just show up after I purchased Shadow Complex. Oh well.

Four to six weeks for delivery. :lol That damn series of tubes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Achievements: Zombie Apocalypse

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/zombie-apocalypse/achievements/

There are 12 achievements with a total of 200 points.

Environmental Awareness 5
Kill a zombie using an environmental hazard in any game mode

Gas Powered 5
Complete an entire arena, getting every kill with the Chainsaw

Gun Shop 5
Kill at least one zombie with each weapon type in any game mode

More the Merrier 10
Kill 10 or more zombies at the same time in any game mode

Socialite 5
Play in an online multiplayer game

Tour of the City 15
Complete each arena at least once in the same game in any game mode

Can't Touch This 20
Rack up a 100x multiplier in any game mode

Friends in Low Places 20
Save 25 survivors in any game mode

Interior Decorator 20
Kill 25 zombies in any game mode using environmental hazards

A Week To Live 25
Complete 7 days in any game mode without dying

Hotter Than Hell 25
Complete the final day of the "7 Days of Hell" unlockable mode

Anniversary of the dead 45
Complete the Final Day, in either Single or Multiplayer, and finish the game

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Fonix VoiceSync™ 1.0 Licensed for Microsoft’s South Park Xbox LIVE Arcade Video Game

Online game utilizes Fonix speech engine for lip-sync

LINDON, Utah--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fonix Speech, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Fonix® Corporation (OTCBB: FNXC) specializing in embedded speech interfaces for mobile devices, handheld electronic products, video game systems and processors, announces a license agreement of Fonix VoiceSync 1.0 for Microsoft’s South Park Let’s Go Tower Defense Play! video game to be published in 2009 by Microsoft Game Studio exclusively for Xbox LIVE Arcade.

“Fonix VoiceSync 1.0 detects phonemes and maps the phonemes to audio WAVE files. That data is then used to create natural lip-movements,” said D. Lynn Shepherd, Senior VP Engineering and Product Development. “Fonix software syncs in real time the lip movement to the spoken speech. This new license agreement will help to expand our gaming portfolio and serves as validation of VoiceSync’s powerful gaming application.”

For more information go to www.fonixspeech.com or call (801) 553-6600 and say “VoiceSync” or “support”, or “sales” for demos, availability and pricing.

About Fonix:

Fonix Corporation (OTCBB: FNXC), based in Salt Lake City, Utah, currently operates through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Fonix Speech, Inc., and Shanghai Gaozhi Software Systems Limited. Fonix Speech is an innovative speech recognition and text-to-speech technology company providing voice solutions for mobile/wireless devices, interactive video games, toys and appliances, computer telephony systems, the assistive market, and automotive telematics. Fonix Speech also provides developers and manufacturers with cost-effective speech solutions to enhance devices and systems.

Shanghai Gaozhi Software Systems Limited (“GaozhiSoft”), based in Shanghai, China, is a leading provider of OSS (Operation Support System) and related software solutions to Chinese mobile network service providers. Founded in 2003, GaozhiSoft software is integrated and widely used in 2G and fixed line networks. In 2008, GaozhiSoft expanded its strategy to include operations as a value-added service provider in the 3G mobile network in China and throughout the Asia Pacific region.

To learn more about Fonix Corporation, visit www.fonix.com; additional information about Fonix Speech can be found at www.fonixspeech.com or by calling (801) 553-6600 and saying “Sales.” Go to www.gaozhisoft.com for more information about G-Soft.

Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. "Forward-looking statements" describe future expectations, plans, results, or strategies and are generally preceded by words such as "may," "future," "plan" or "planned," "will" or "should," "expected," "anticipates," "draft," "eventually," or "projected." Additionally, statements relating to the Company’s market position or strength, implementation of the Company’s plans or strategies, and comparisons with other companies in the same or similar industries could contain forward-looking statements. You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements, including the risks that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors. Fonix Corporation expressly disclaims any obligation or intention to update or revise any forward-looking statement, as a result of developments occurring after the date such statement was first made.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Capcom: Cannon Spike for PSN/XBLA is unlikely

http://www.examiner.com/x-6894-SF-C...1-Capcom-Cannon-Spike-for-PSNXBLA-is-unlikely

Cannon Spike (known as Gun Spike in Japan) is a shoot 'em up featuring some of the biggest mascots from Capcom. It was released for the arcades in 2000 and later ported to the Sega Dreamcast in the same year.

Given Capcom’s recent trend of bringing classic games to the Playstation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, many fans thought that Cannon Spike would be a great fit on both the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen. Seth Killan, Capcom’s Community Manager, explains in the Capcom-Unity forums:

“I like this game a lot too, but not sure it would make its money back after the investment required to get it on XBL/PSN...” He later added, “Anyway I think everyone else has already made the relevant points about Cannon Spike. Cool game, very nicely done, but yes, some licensing issues, questionable demand, and these things cost a heck of a lot more to get live than most people think, not to mention the ‘opportunity cost’ (even if it did decent, the time we spend working on Cannon Spike *isn't* being spent on other, potentially bigger or more fun projects). I do still have a soft spot for this one, regardless.”

So don’t expect to see Cannon Spike on the Playstation Network and/or Xbox Live Arcade anytime soon.

Rlan

If you love me enough, add http://feeds.feedburner.com/gamerbytes to your feed reader, http://www.twitter.com/gamerbytes to your twitter feeds, and keep following this thread :)

And I don't think this was posted here:

CAVE Asks - What Game Would You Like To See On XBLA?

"Early last year we learned that two of CAVE's popular shooters, Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label X and Ketsui X , were denied their chance to be on the Xbox Live Arcade, and instead went to retail in Japan.

But they're not giving up just yet! On the official CAVE blog the developers are asking you this - "What CAVE game would you like to see come to the Xbox Live Arcade?"

The developers want their fans to e-mail them at blog360@mail.cave.co.jp with the header "XBLA" and which game you want to see. CAVE will then give a presentation for the most popular choice to Microsoft for it possibly getting onto Xbox Live Arcade.

This isn't an official poll like the Sega one appears to be, but they are willing to go and present their most popular title to Microsoft for a second time.

So CAVE fans - get to it!

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/08/cave_asks_what_game_would_you.php

Are there no plans now for the new Gridrunner game to come to XBLA? Did Minter get too burned on Space Giraffe? Too bad if so, I'd like to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom