• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RadarScope1 said:
Are there now now plans for the new Gridrunner game to come to XBLA? Did Minter get too burned on Space Giraffe? Too bad if so, I'd like to check it out.
Last I read, he was still working on it. It was to be an enhanced version of ++, but I've read nothing since.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
RadarScope1 said:
Are there no plans now for the new Gridrunner game to come to XBLA? Did Minter get too burned on Space Giraffe? Too bad if so, I'd like to check it out.

Let me see, last I heard the game had been renamed Gridrunner Revolution and it has apparently been stuck in limbo every since Minter submitted the game to Microsoft, seems they have little interest in the game.

Anso

iconoclast said:
I'm emailing my vote for Guwange right this second.

YES. YES. YES. YES.

EDIT: If anyone fluent in Japanese could type out "I would like to see [gamename] for XBLA, released world-wide. Thank you very much" in Japanese so I could copy+paste I'd appreciate it.

Anso

A friend of mine translated, this is Japanese for "Please put Guwange on XBLA world-wide. Thank you very much." Probably not 100% natural but it does the trick.

世界中ぐわんげをXBLAに置いてください。ありがとうございます。

ぐわんげ= guwange if you want to replace it with the game you want.

Shard said:
Let me see, last I heard the game had been renamed Gridrunner Revolution and it has apparently been stuck in limbo every since Minter submitted the game to Microsoft, seems they have little interest in the game.

I think MS probably think it should be on the Indie Games channel rather than XBLA. Minter's stuff just doesn't have the production values of something like Shadow Complex, or even Splosion Man. If XBLA is to become the domain of 800meg almost-retail quality titles, maybe there needs to be a middle ground between it & the XNA stuff?

Anso

Dr Zhivago said:
I think MS probably think it should be on the Indie Games channel rather than XBLA. Minter's stuff just doesn't have the production values of something like Shadow Complex, or even Splosion Man. If XBLA is to become the domain of 800meg almost-retail quality titles, maybe there needs to be a middle ground between it & the XNA stuff?

If that happens I will be very, very mad. Space Giraffe is one of the finest titles on XBLA, if something as good as Gridrunner would be lost in the rubble and silly ammount of garbage that is Indie Games (mostly) I'll boycott XBLA D:<

Middle ground would be ok but I vote just let stuff on XBLA. THREE services will only make it more messy.

Hunahan

Banned
Rlan said:
Holy shit! All of them!!!

Gah! What the hell is wrong with Microsoft?!? Why is this hard for them to do? Jesus christ, just SAY YES!

I can't even imagine what kind of steely out-of-touch corporate douchebags would deny us the right to see XBLA Cave releases.

Especially when we're in a thread where it's being revealed that fucking Toe Jam and Earl - a game that sucked when it came out and sucks harder now - is apparently A-OK for takeoff.

I'm completely dumbfounded that video games have come to this impasse.

Also - Sega needs to do more arcade games and less Genesis junk.

The arcade version of Shadow Dancer would be a miraculous follow up to Shinobi, for instance.

Man....Toe Jam and Earl blows.

This is why Sega went out of business, their fans have horrible taste.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ESRB Watch:

Axel & Pixel

Platform: Xbox 360

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: Comic Mischief, Crude Humor

Rating summary: This is a "point-and-click" adventure game in which players guide an artist and his dog through surreal and abstract environments. Players must solve environmental puzzles that include redirecting a ray of light, throwing rocks at birds, and spraying water at a creature. In one scene, a rat creature jumps into a toilet, causing brown liquid to splash out.

Just replaying Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 on the Cube, and immediately thought it would be the perfect series for Capcom to continue (or even remake) on XBLA.

Please happen... HD Joe could be Viewtiful!!!

Dr Zhivago said:

Nah, just put it on XBLA. With Minter's history he shouldn't be on XNA. I think one big problem with SG, aside from the visual challenges many people had with it, is that original games were just not seen much or expected when SG came out, and 95 percent of the ones that did come out that first year were really generic. People are more willing to accept/explore that kind of thing now. I hope it hits PC, does fairly well at a higher price point ($20-ish?), and that allows Llamasoft a little flexibility to bring to XBLA at the $10 level in 2010.

Rlan

oh my goooooooooood new FREE update to Death Tank brings 13 new weapons and unlockable tanks!!

IMG_0106.jpg

ROLLING NUKE! ROLLING NUKE!

IMG_0102.jpg

CRAZY ROCKET

IMG_0108.jpg

AND THE RETURN OF AIR STRIKES!

NOW AVAILABLE! BOOT UP GAME AND GET PATCH! FREE

THE STORY:

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/08/massive_free_update_for_death.php

goldenpp72 said:
How is toejam and earl next? I was certain sonic and knuckles would be the next genesis game :(

I bought TJ&E as soon as it hit the Wii VC, and I wish I hadn't. I had very fond memories of this game, and they should have just stayed as that... fond memories.

When is Isometric Left 4 Dead...um...I mean, Zombie Apocalypse supposed to drop? If it's soon...that's my next purchase after Shadow Complex.

Rlan said:
oh my goooooooooood new FREE update to Death Tank brings 13 new weapons and unlockable tanks!!

ROLLING NUKE! ROLLING NUKE!

CRAZY ROCKET

AND THE RETURN OF AIR STRIKES!

NOW AVAILABLE! BOOT UP GAME AND GET PATCH! FREE

THE STORY:

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/08/massive_free_update_for_death.php
Wow, cool as hell! AIR STRIKES ARE BACK!!! I just hope they that they would get the price down to a level more people would be willing to pay to get the ranked online community breathing and more widely competitive again.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MightyHedgehog said:
Wow, cool as hell! AIR STRIKES ARE BACK!!! I just hope they that they would get the price down to a level more people would be willing to pay to get the ranked online community breathing and more widely competitive again.
Agree. I feel it's worth the $15 but this game would sell much better at $10. I also think they should also open the demo to silvers indefinitely (instead of just 1 hour) but drastically limit their weapon selection. That way there would always be people to play but there would still be an incentive to purchase the game.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I can't believe the Toe Jam and Earl hate in this thread.

It's probably one of the better games in the entire 16 bit era, and there literally has not been anything like it since. It was so ahead of its time - the way the screen split when the two players go separate ways, relying on unidentified packages that will either help or hurt you, plus the greatest easter egg ever in level zero and the best music/sound effect work in a game ever... you people have no taste if you hate on TJ&E.

Sectus

Holy yikes, I didn't expect Death Tank to get a big patch like that. There's other additions too, like tips popping up in the menus very often, a TON of options in a custom created game, and erm, bugged menu music.

Too bad the multiplayer is still a ghost town. And it doesn't help that I don't know if I should search in ranked or player.

UraMallas

I might be the biggest idiot in this thread but what is coming out this week? I can't find it in here and I always thought that, by now, it was posted in here...

xbhaskarx

UraMallas said:
I might be the biggest idiot in this thread but what is coming out this week? I can't find it in here and I always thought that, by now, it was posted in here...

I was wondering the same thing. I thought it might be Defense Grid but that's next week.
There's no new Shard or Rlan official thread, so maybe no one here knows what it is. Or maybe it's Bubble Bobble Neo.

nocode

dave is ok said:
I can't believe the Toe Jam and Earl hate in this thread.

It's probably one of the better games in the entire 16 bit era, and there literally has not been anything like it since. It was so ahead of its time - the way the screen split when the two players go separate ways, relying on unidentified packages that will either help or hurt you, plus the greatest easter egg ever in level zero and the best music/sound effect work in a game ever... you people have no taste if you hate on TJ&E.

Really, in its day, this game was mind blowing. Open world exploration in almost 3D was so cool, and the co-op split screen seemed so amazing to my brother and me back then.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
xbhaskarx said:
I was wondering the same thing. I thought it might be Defense Grid but that's next week.
There's no new Shard or Rlan official thread, so maybe no one here knows what it is. Or maybe it's Bubble Bobble Neo.
http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/08/this_week_on_xbla_invincible_t.php

Do any of these games look thread worthy to you?

XBLA: This Week On XBLA - Invincible Tiger, Watchmen Part 2, NBA 2K10 Draft Combine
handthaologo.jpg

"Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao is the first 3-D kung fu game on Xbox LIVE Arcade and the ideal game for fans of martial arts movies and classic beat-'em-up action games. Feel like you're part of a classic 70s kung fu film as you defeat waves of ruthless enemies and cunning bosses with a variety of unique attacks and combos."

Invincible Tiger will be available this Wednesday for 1200MSP.

"It's June 1977, and any day now the passage of the Keene Act will outlaw all masked vigilantes not sanctioned by the government. Rorschach has uncovered a mysterious missing person's case. Together with the help of Nite Owl, the pair has set out to find the young girl in Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2. Their search takes them deep into the depraved, sleazy corners of the city, and eventually face-to-face with the mysterious Twilight Lady. The seedy underbelly of New York beckons … will you take the call?"

Watchmen: The End Is Nigh Part 2 will be available this Wednesday for 1200MSP ($5 cheaper than the first episode).

"Enhance your NBA 2K10 experience with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, the exclusive game from 2K Sports that allows you to create your own custom NBA player and live the life of an NBA hopeful going through the real NBA Draft Combine in Chicago's Attack Gym. Improve your game through drills and Draft Combine scrimmages to increase your NBA draft stock, then pick up a copy of NBA 2K10 to find your created player waiting for you in the all-new My Player mode to experience the NBA Draft and begin your path to NBA stardom."

Draft Combine will be available this Wednesday in North America, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and India for 400MSP.

Does anyone know anything about the XBLA version of Def Grid? Specifically multiplayer?

Why none of these TD games have copied Burbenogs wholesale totally fucking escapes me.

Brashnir

bathala said:
ok I was about to dismissed this line up, but that Invincible Tiger looks interesting.

Looks like a modern version of Kung-Fu on NES. I was waiting for the guys with knives to run out from off screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom