• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujun

SecretBonusPoint said:
Behemoth's Game#3 just does not look very good at all. If it wasn't for Dan Paladin's great artwork, their games would rightfully be looked at as shallow trash. They just aren't very good at game design at all.

"Maybe we should slow the player down if they have all the souls?"

Yes, no fucking shit sherlock.

Can't speak for Hominid or Game #3 but Castle Crashers was probably (apart from Spikeout) the beatem up I've most played and enjoyed.

Doom 2 Coming to Xbox Live Arcade

An Xbox Live Arcade version of id software's 1994 shooter Doom II: Hell on Earth is being shown on the floor at QuakeCon, expected to be officially announced later today.

A whole new episode will be included, along with all of Doom 2's original content. Four-player split-screen multiplayer will be available in addition to online play.

Neither release date nor price are currently known for the port, which is being handled by Doom XBLA porter Nerve Software.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59971

Debut Screen?

http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots.x?gal...d=317#img139063

MightyHedgehog said:
'Bout time.

Well, the splitscreen explains why it took them more than 30 seconds. I hope the music player is better than in Doom 1. And it'd be nice if they threw in an enhanced mode along the lines of JDoom or Doomsday.

Foxtail

Neo Member
No discussion for Trials HD? Cmon people, this is yet another quality addition to XBLA. I've loved the whole motorcross physics thing since Elastomania.

Foxtail

Neo Member
Well sure, but why have an XBLA official thread if every game already has its own official thread? Still worth talking about in general terms.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Foxtail said:
Well sure, but why have an XBLA official thread if every game already has its own official thread? Still worth talking about in general terms.
Trials HD is fuckawesome. Everybody go download it. [/discussion]

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Foxtail said:

There is a lot of stuff that gets posted in here that is simply not thread worthy.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Comrades, the Red Alert 3 battle rages on! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3 Commander’s Challenge, a new console gaming experience for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network from the storied Command & Conquer franchise. The new game will challenge players to take on the world’s toughest commanders and conquer the globe in 50 unique challenges when it is released this fall. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Commander’s Challenge delivers trademark fast and action-packed C&C gameplay, tongue-in-cheek live-action cinematics, new units and a new game mode for just 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and $9.99 at the PlayStation Store.

“Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge launches players into action-packed scenarios while going head-to-head against ruthless commanders who will stop at nothing to crush your army,” said Wes Eckhart, Producer of Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge at EA Los Angeles. “Commander’s Challenge delivers the ultimate RTS gameplay experience console players have been craving. Delivering over thirty hours of RTS entertainment, it is an incredible value at less than $10.”

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge throws the player into 50 intense challenges against a set of nine different commanders, including 16-time world champion “Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Each challenge features its very own over-the-top and distinctive twist, confronting players with everything from giant Soviet war bears and an entire army of psionic Japanese school girls to massive satellite orbital bombardments. As players progress throughout the gauntlet, they gradually unlock more units, technology and new challenges. Additionally, each challenge is equipped with a par time set by the dev team that is up to the most competitive players to beat. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge offers more than classic Red Alert action gameplay and will allow players command their forces by air, land and sea, as introduced by the award-winning Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge is being developed at EA Los Angeles and will be available this summer on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the PlayStation Store. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge can be played without Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 and has been rated ‘T’ for Teen by the ESRB and ‘16+’ by PEGI. For more information about the game, please visit www.commandandconquer.com or follow the community and development team on Twitter at twitter.com/ea_apoc.

mujun

Shard said:
Comrades, the Red Alert 3 battle rages on! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3 Commander’s Challenge, a new console gaming experience for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network from the storied Command & Conquer franchise. The new game will challenge players to take on the world’s toughest commanders and conquer the globe in 50 unique challenges when it is released this fall. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Commander’s Challenge delivers trademark fast and action-packed C&C gameplay, tongue-in-cheek live-action cinematics, new units and a new game mode for just 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and $9.99 at the PlayStation Store.

“Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge launches players into action-packed scenarios while going head-to-head against ruthless commanders who will stop at nothing to crush your army,” said Wes Eckhart, Producer of Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge at EA Los Angeles. “Commander’s Challenge delivers the ultimate RTS gameplay experience console players have been craving. Delivering over thirty hours of RTS entertainment, it is an incredible value at less than $10.”

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge throws the player into 50 intense challenges against a set of nine different commanders, including 16-time world champion “Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Each challenge features its very own over-the-top and distinctive twist, confronting players with everything from giant Soviet war bears and an entire army of psionic Japanese school girls to massive satellite orbital bombardments. As players progress throughout the gauntlet, they gradually unlock more units, technology and new challenges. Additionally, each challenge is equipped with a par time set by the dev team that is up to the most competitive players to beat. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge offers more than classic Red Alert action gameplay and will allow players command their forces by air, land and sea, as introduced by the award-winning Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge is being developed at EA Los Angeles and will be available this summer on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the PlayStation Store. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander’s Challenge can be played without Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 and has been rated ‘T’ for Teen by the ESRB and ‘16+’ by PEGI. For more information about the game, please visit www.commandandconquer.com or follow the community and development team on Twitter at twitter.com/ea_apoc.

So basically EA are going to 1943ize every one of their franchises...

Brutal Legend Ozzy's Challenge, 800pts 2010.

Dr Zhivago said:
Well, the splitscreen explains why it took them more than 30 seconds. I hope the music player is better than in Doom 1. And it'd be nice if they threw in an enhanced mode along the lines of JDoom or Doomsday.
I'm pretty sure DooM 1 xbla can 4 way split already, nothing new about the screen splitting here.

Doom II & Quake Arena Arcade - First Details.

Doom II

Earlier today at QuakeCon, id revealed two rather big surprises that will be coming to the Xbox Live Arcade rather soon. One of these was the release of Doom II, which was a surprise for many attendees of the show. While still in development, we managed to get some additional details about the upcoming downloadable title, which should be available later this year.

The original Doom II casts players as a space marine whose skills allowed him to survive the hordes of Hell across the moons of Phobos, Deimos and even the demonic realm itself. While he returns home after the horrific events of the first game, he soon discovers that the demons that invaded Mars have also managed to make their way to Earth. This forces him to fight his way through the forces of Hell once again. The Xbox Live version of the game will include the three original chapters of Doom II, plus a brand new episode. There was no indication as to whether or not these levels would be derived from the Master Levels or Final Doom expansions, so these should be brand new to fans of the classic. Only two levels are currently designed, however, and there were no details about how long the new chapter would be.

The game will also feature the standard 200 point XBLA achievements, and will include 4 player splitscreen play for either co-op or deathmatch modes. While deathmatch was only present on the show floor, the gameplay was quick and engaging, particularly for anyone that'd played the original title. There doesn't seem to be any visual enhancements to the game, so whatever the new chapter levels will feel as though they're seamlessly incorporated into the plot. There was no release date given, but additional details should be available later this year.

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/101/1014061p1.html

Quake Arena Arcade

Earlier today at QuakeCon, id revealed two rather big surprises that will be coming to the Xbox Live Arcade rather soon. One of these was the announcement of Quake Arena Arcade, which was a surprise for many attendees of the show. While still in development, we managed to get some additional details about the upcoming downloadable title.

While the original Quake III: Arena was a multiplayer only experience that allowed either network or bot play, Quake Arena Arcade will feature a single player campaign, although we weren't told what that would entail. However, we did find out that the multiplayer gameplay will be much more expanded than ever before, with 12 new maps and 33 classic maps for fans to enjoy fragging enemies. A brand new Duel Mode will be included as well for players to face off against each other to prove their skills.

Quake Arcade Arena will feature twelve arcade achievements, as well as downloadable content that will be released shortly after launch, and will be presented in 720p widescreen format. Although there wasn't a specific date revealed for the release, it will be released later this year. We'll have more on it as soon as possible.

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/101/1014062p1.html

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, any news on Military Madness: Nectaris release date? There's been a trailer and some discussion of it at the beginning of this month, but never see a date...

SapientWolf said:
What the hell, id? How is that supposed to compete with Serious Sam HD? Oh well. I guess it'll only be 400pts then.

It doesn't need to compete with anything. It'll be 800 points, it won't have any junk filters (do you use 16:9 and vaseline filters on 16-bit re-releases?) and it will be worth it. :D

xbhaskarx

Foxtail said:
Well sure, but why have an XBLA official thread if every game already has its own official thread?

Did you really just imply that because each XBLA game has its own thread, this thread, with almost 18,000 comments, serves no purpose? :lol

gafster1

Neo Member
SecretBonusPoint said:
Behemoth's Game#3 just does not look very good at all.

Wow, I cant disagree more.

The MP modes -- what little we've seen thusfar -- look original and inventive. The art direction is wonderful (as you said, and everyone expects).

What we've not seen is any of the Single Player game, which will hopefully be just as inventive. I trust it will be.

We've seen enough to know that The Behemoth is right on track for another massive hit.

Believe it.

Wow, XBLA is on fire at the moment will all these releases and announcements! Good thing I just got 4200pts really... can't wait for Shadow Complex next week either :D Although I wish the second Wallace and Gromit episode would hurry up :(

My only complaint with XBLA is that there are no RPGs whatsoever. Konami, Square-Enix, etc. are dropping the ball trying to keep their classic RPGs sacred.

and Arkadian Warriors doesn't quite do it for me :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Any word of when Bubble Bobble Neo will make it to NA (The game is already in English even). I want it, but I don't feel like buying it on a seperate account.

Also, any words on Metal Slug 7 for the 360 since TGS 08? I want my full screen Metal Slug 7!

TheFallen

So I finally have gotten to the point where this is becoming annoying... I have a question. I have two Xbox 360s. One at my girlfriend's place and one at my place. They're both mine and I stay at both places evenly. I don't want to carry my hard drive around, but I would like to be able to play my bought Xbox Live Arcade games in both places. I tried putting my gamertag onto the gf's xbox but when I get home I'm forced to recover it there which nullifies the first recover. So what can I do? I'm only logged into one at a time, so anything restricted to the gamertag sounds good, as I will just sign in on it.

LakeEarth

Speedymanic said:
Doom II & Quake Arena Arcade - First Details.

Doom II
The original Doom II casts players as a space marine whose skills allowed him to survive the hordes of Hell across the moons of Phobos, Deimos and even the demonic realm itself.
That's wrong though. Doom II is Earth.

akilshohen said:
^^PSII
Konami has vandal heart coming out

PSII is very dated, imho. Haven't tried vandal hearts yet....

The Penny Arcade games are pretty fun.

But every other genre has multiple high quality offerings with all kinds of favorites returning, JRPGs and ARPGs need to be filled out a lot more!

Red

Drkirby said:
Any word of when Bubble Bobble Neo will make it to NA (The game is already in English even). I want it, but I don't feel like buying it on a seperate account.
Will this work? Sorry if it's common knowledge, but I haven't used alternate accounts for region-specific games.

Brashnir

TheFallen said:
So I finally have gotten to the point where this is becoming annoying... I have a question. I have two Xbox 360s. One at my girlfriend's place and one at my place. They're both mine and I stay at both places evenly. I don't want to carry my hard drive around, but I would like to be able to play my bought Xbox Live Arcade games in both places. I tried putting my gamertag onto the gf's xbox but when I get home I'm forced to recover it there which nullifies the first recover. So what can I do? I'm only logged into one at a time, so anything restricted to the gamertag sounds good, as I will just sign in on it.

can't have the same profile on two devices at the same time. The easiest solution is to get a memory card and put your profile on that.

TheFallen said:

Just make a second profile on the box that you originally bought your shit on. All of your arcade titles should work just fine on that one. The second box you will have to be signed into LIVE to play your titles.

TheFallen

LocoMrPollock said:
Just make a second profile on the box that you originally bought your shit on. All of your arcade titles should work just fine on that one. The second box you will have to be signed into LIVE to play your titles.
Wouldn't I then have to recover my original gamertag each time i want to purchase a new game then? I guess that would mean I'd need to give up on the gamertag's achievements then too.

The memory card solution seems decent, but a lot of work and kinda scares me should i ever lose it. I might as well carry the hard drive instead, no?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Football Genius – The Ultimate Quiz Arrives on Xbox LIVE Arcade in Autumn

RTL Sports unites fans of the leather ball worldwide: The new Football Genius – The Ultimate Quiz has been announced, and promises sociable multi-player fun focusing on the world's most popular sport. The entertaining Football quiz is due to be released for Xbox LIVE Arcade in the autumn of 2009, and will be available worldwide from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Football Genius – The Ultimate Quiz gets underway with a brilliant kick-off. With six Football packs about the international, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish Football worlds, and with more than 3,500 different questions, up to four players get to score. From general know-how about Football down to true insider questions, the quiz challenges players' knowledge of all things related to the vast world of Football.

Virtual Football aficionados will have no Electronic Theatre Imagetrouble keeping up with their heroes in the various game varieties. Playing against the clock in "Kick-Off" mode, or risking it all in "Foul Play" - Football fans get to experience far more than just 90 minutes' worth of fun, and test their sports knowledge in nine different game modes with sensational features.

Beginners and advanced players will not only be able to turn pro online: The offline mode of Football Genius – The Ultimate Quiz provides entertainment for the whole family. The quiz supports Xbox 360 Buzzers for a genuine stadium atmosphere in the players' own living rooms.

Football Genius – The Ultimate Quiz was developed by South African studio I-Imagine Interactive. Located in Johannesburg, I-Imagine InteractiveElectronic Theatre Image is the first independent developing studio on the African continent. In 2000, I-Imagine Interactive was the first developer worldwide to be accepted into the Microsoft Incubator promotion program in order to develop a stunt racing title for Xbox.

Football Genius – The Ultimate Quiz will be released for Xbox LIVE Arcade in the autumn of 2009, and can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with future developments from RTL Sports and Football Genius – The Ultimate Quiz.

-END-

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
South African studio? Awesome! I mean, I don't know shit about footy and I have no interest in their game, but great to see studios opening up in countries that have never had them before.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Mystery of Whiterock Castle is a classic hidden objects game that offers quick and easy accessibility and is deliberately simple to learn. Last month it was announced that the game would be available for download some time this summer on Nintendo WiiWare. On top of that, it was also announced today that the game will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade sometime this summer. Much like the last one, this announcement was pretty vague, lacking a specific release date as well as a price tag. But hey, at least we know its coming.

The Mystery of Whiterock Castle follows the story of a young squire who is searching for his dearest playmate, a princess who has vanished from the royal chambers. The young hero is armed with only a sword and a magnifying glass and must investigate the rooms and gloomy dungeons of the meticulously detailed castle.

For more information on The Mystery of Whiterock Castle head to: http://www.rtl-games.de/en/news.php?xml=/en/xml/1142.php

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://palgn.com.au/15096/earthworm-jim-for-wii-360-psn/

Mobile games specialist Gameloft has announced that the company has reached an agreement with Interplay to resurrect the Earthworm Jim series on the PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade and WiiWare platforms.

According to the press release, the agreement allows Gameloft to develop, publish and distribute any games featuring the superworm. Whether or not the company is looking to port an existing Earthworm Jim game to the new formats, create a new game, or something in between is unknown.

"The game, with its humorous and edgy style, is a great fit for today's gamer who craves a fully immersive experience that is fun and easily accessible," said Gonzague de Vallois, an important person at Gameloft. "We look forward to delivering a fantastic game."

Apparently, the game will first appear on the Xbox 360 a month before other platforms. Jim will also be making an appearance on mobile devices, possibly including the iPhone OS.

Earthworm Jim first appeared on 16-bit consoles in 1994, quickly becoming popular thanks to its rather zany sense of humour.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
On Inside Xbox in the UK today, they say Bubble Bobble Neo is releasing worldwide later in the year; the only reason it hit Japan earlier is because they didn't get TMNT so they needed something to fill the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom