• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.destructoid.com/zeno-clash-ultimate-edition-pushed-back-to-april-169490.phtml

Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition pushed back to April

Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition is not on Xbox LIVE Arcade as of today. You know what that means -- yep, a small delay was in order. Around here, we're all pumped as can be to see the game's upgraded transition from PC to Xbox LIVE Arcade come to fruition.

ACE Team's Andres Bordeu, in response to a forum question, said "It should come out early April. Just a little more patience, it'll be out really soon. As soon as we have new info we'll post it somewhere here."

And there you have it. I suppose for the time being you can play Mega Man 10, which did come out on XBLA today as planned; sounds like a decent alternative to me. I mean, Sheep Man is almost as crazy as the stuff you'd fine in Zeno Clash. Almost.

Stumpokapow said:
If you like Worms, 8-bit pixel graphics, and particularly if you liked the old PC game "Liero", I'd really recommend Rocket Riot. It's also fiendishly hard. I don't know of anyone on GAF who finished it other than A Master Ninja (last level took him 350 tries) and me (last level took me 100 tries).

One thing to note, though; there are literally 0 multiplayer matches. I tried for hours at a time on half a dozen occasions and didn't get a single match. Maybe the sale will bump the community for a while, but do not buy it if you're counting on a vibrant online community.

I beat the game. Unless you mean that challenge mode. Fuck that shit.

And yeah, the game sold really bad, didn't have much of a userbase to begin with.

Also, the song. Gotta mention the song.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nothing on that list piques my interest (other than the stuff I already own), but I do plan on picking up Geo Wars 2 on the sale so it's all good.

Anyone got 80 points to spare ? (if such ~80 points codes exist)

It's all I'm missing for the new Mega Man.
Don't want to spend that 6$ for a whole 500 points...

...but I will if I must. ♥ MegaMan

theMrCravens said:
Anyone got 80 points to spare ? (if such ~80 points codes exist)

It's all I'm missing for the new Mega Man.
Don't want to spend that 6$ for a whole 500 points...

...but I will if I must. ♥ MegaMan

You'll need extra points if you want the DLC modes, anyhow.

Bass (Playable Character) = $1.99 USD/200 Wii Points/ 160 Microsoft Points and
Special Stage 1 (includes Enker) = $$.99 USD /100 Wii Points/ 80 Microsoft Points.

4/5 - Wii
4/7 – Xbox 360
4/8 – Playstation 3

Endless Attack =$2.99 USD /300 Wii Points/ 240 Microsoft Points,
Special Stage 2 (Punk), Special Stage 3 (Ballade) = $.99 USD /100 Wii Points/ 80 Microsoft Points.

4/26 - Wii
4/28 – Xbox 360
4/29 – Playstation 3

Zeouterlimits said:
Big sale for the first week of April apparently:

- Age of Booty 400 points (usually 800)
- Defence Grid, 400 points (usually 800)
- Lumines LIVE, 400 points (usually 800)
- Mad Tracks, 400 points (usually 800)
- Rocket Riot, 400 points (usually 800)
- Schizoid, 400 points (usually 800)
- South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, 400 points (usually 800)
- Super Street Fighter II HD, 560 points (usually 1200)
- Track & Field, 240 points (usually 400)
- Wallace & Gromit Episode 1, 400 points (usually 800)

Source

I can already see myself buying atleast 3-4 games of that list, great more backlog :D

DuckRacer

...so is there any new info on Fez? Haven't bought an XBLA game since Trials HD, and tbh to me only Fez and that Cloning Clyde spiritual successor are the only halfway interesting games coming up. :/

Oli

I'm thinking about getting Lumines Live while it's 5 bucks. I don't own any other versions of it, but I really liked the trial. Yay or nay Gaf? I heard there's a lot of DLC which is kind of a turn off if they main game isn't worthwhile on its own.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I personally love Lumines Live. It's one of few older arcade games I still go back and play, and I personally love it much more than the original PSP game, after adjusting, I just feel like it plays smoother.

Instead of getting it on this sale, if you're interested in all of Q Entertainments games, you could get the Qubed retail disk, which has:

Amazon.com said:
*LUMINES LIVE! Standard Edition (12 skins): Additional Premium Downloadable Content Included: Advance Challenge Pack, Rockin' Holiday Pack, VS CPU Pack, Puzzle/Mission Pack Puzzle, Tokyo Club Mix Pack, Heavenly Star Skin, Breeze Skin.

*Rez HD: 5 unique modes of play: Travelling Rez, Arcade play mode, Score attack mode, Beyond mode and Secret mode.

*Every Extend Extra Extreme: Single Player modes: E4 The Game Unlimited, E4 The Game Limited (Time Attack mode), R4 The Revenge Shooting mode and S4 Wiz Ur Muzik Play with your favorite music. Multiplayer modes: H4 Versus Live and Live Battle.
Three great games in one affordable bundle for Xbox 360.

It's a great game either way, but with the Qubed disk for $15~$20, it's always an option worth considering, if you can.

And here's another thumbs up for ROCKET RIOT by the way. Love the game much, Awesome, Awesome graphic style, great music, just a really cool game, especially if you can couch co-op through the "story" mode with a good friend. Just great fun.

Lumines is god tier. That game single-handedly justified my PSP purchase. XBLA version is great too; you can't go wrong with Heavenly Star in HD.

Manus

sweetvar26 said:
Who is that chick in your avatar? I wanted to ask every time I see your post but I keep forgetting.

Haha I have no idea. I found the pic a long time ago and have always wanted to know her name.

C4Lukins

besiktas1 said:
I bought Rocket Riot as planned. Soo good, dreading the hard parts :)

The last level reignited my throwing controllers across the room passion that I thought I had left behind with the NES era of games.

Oli said:
I'm thinking about getting Lumines Live while it's 5 bucks. I don't own any other versions of it, but I really liked the trial. Yay or nay Gaf? I heard there's a lot of DLC which is kind of a turn off if they main game isn't worthwhile on its own.

Yay. I bought it in 2006 for 15, and all the DLC. It's still my favorite XBLA puzzler.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I got Turbo HD Remix and Defense Grid.

Figured I may as well get a Street Fighter game as I don't have one. Can't even beat Arcade mode on Easy. :(

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Might buy Rocket Riot. Maybe Lumines too, even though i remember trying it when it came out. Everyone was praising it, and i played the demo and it didnt hold me, but for 400 allards, i'll give it another go.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I might get Lumines, I haven't played any of them but the demo was good and I'd like a new puzzle game to play.
Is it superior to the PSN Lumines?

Willy Wanka said:
That sale is great. I think I'll end up spending about 3000 points.

I already bought the following -

Age Of Booty
Defense Grid
Track & Field
Wallace and Gromit

Still have to play the trail games for few more, will probably buy another couple. So atleast 5 more games to my big ass backlog :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Rocket Knight Hands-on

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1081547p1.html

April 1, 2010 - Hey everyone, Sparkster is back! What do you mean "Who the hell is Sparkster?" He's only the greatest ass-kicking opossum to hit the Sega Genesis in the early to mid '90s and now he's coming back for Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation network!

Back in the day every company on the block was making its own version of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sparkster was Konami's. He's got a sword, and a jetpack, and he likes to kill tons of wolves. He hasn't been seen much since 1994, aside from some guest appearances in games like New International Track and Field.

Rocket Knight is actually the third game in the series and picks up where the Genesis games left off. Sparkster is enjoying the quiet life with his family, but when huge airships full of murderous wolf pirates invade, he dons the armor and becomes a rocket knight again.

More Rocket Knight News & Previews
There are 14 levels in the game and I've played seven of them so far. It's a pretty standard platformer, feeling very similar to the original Genesis games, only in 2.5D this time (3D characters but sidescrolling gameplay). Sparkster has all the same moves as before like his jet pack dash, as well as a few new moves. Sparkster can shoot fireballs, break through walls, and hover, thanks to his jet pack.

One of my favorite parts of the game (the one thing that made it sort of stand out among all the Sonic clones of the day) was Sparkster's ability to ricochet off of walls when he was boosting. That's still in here and used pretty frequently. Powerups and collectibles will be scattered around in patterns that require the player to bounce between walls to get them. Sometimes there will be moving platforms that players have to time ricochets off of to reach higher areas.

Further grounding the game within the continuity is the return of Axel, Sparkster's arch nemesis. He looks just like Sparkster, only dressed in red armor. Somehow Axel has become a "hero" to the city, but we know he's totally a jerk and Sparkster is about to kick his marsupial ass when a giant robot built by the wolf army busts in, leading into a boss battle that was actually pretty intense and required well timed attacks. The wolf robot had huge blades for hands and would take out the platforms I was trying to stand on. He also shot missiles and dynamite. He's totally badass, but no match for Sparkster. It was a pretty cool boss battle that used a lot of the moves I had just learned from the tutorial.

The other level I've played so far was an ice world. Due to the frigid temperatures, Sparkster's fuel wasn't refilling, requiring him to find fuel cells or get near sporadically placed flames. The level became a lot more strategic when I could blast around like a hyperactive child.

And of course there are the flying levels. every so often Sparkster will take to the air and the game switches from platformer to 2D shooter. The attack becomes a projectile fireball that can be charged up into a wicked laser beam. Along the way floating mines and flying wolves try to knock you out of the sky.

It's weird for me to say I wish levels were harder, but there's not a lot going on in the first couple flying levels. It looks cool with the wolves in hangliders flying in from the background to the foreground and trying to ram Sparkster. and in one level I got to take down one of the wolves' airships by shooting out its turrets, so hopefully we get some more boss battles like that.

Rocket Knight is shaping up to be a cool little old school title. I'm hoping some of the later levels have more going on, since the first few tutorial levels were good, but not all that impressive. We've got a trailer for you to check out, and we'll have the review for you when the game comes out in a few weeks.

Wow, the A.I in Age Of Booty is the worst ever, period. Fuck, they can't get nothing right, OMG, it is so frustrating.

Those considering getting the Age Of Booty game, the Single Player A.I is a pile of shit.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
sweetvar26 said:
Wow, the A.I in Age Of Booty is the worst ever, period. Fuck, they can't get nothing right, OMG, it is so frustrating.

Those considering getting the Age Of Booty game, the Single Player A.I is a pile of shit.

Multiplayer always seemed the be the focus of Age of Booty.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hands-on: Risk Factions (Classic Mode)
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/02/risk-factions-classic-mode-xbla-preview/

Risk: Factions is coming to Xbox Live Arcade this summer, and a version of the classic Risk board game, dubbed Classic Mode, will be included.

The verdict? It's classic Risk, albeit with a couple of key tweaks. Most game-changing is a bonus star feature, which randomly awards players 1-2 "stars" at the end of a turn. Stars can be used to make additional troop movements. Additionally, Classic Mode abandons the card system of the original game. Getting rid of the cards streamlines the game a bit, and so does the option to skip the dice-rolling attacks (and just view the results), but the random star bonuses can lead to one player steamrolling the opponents rather quickly -- as happens to me and another human player in the video above.

Just like in the original game, once a player builds up a powerful army, there's nothing to stop total domination of the game board. But that's always been a part of the game of Risk, and now, through Xbox Live, diehard tabletoppers can test their riskiest maneuvers on a truly worldwide battlefield, say, against an opponent from the Ukraine.

One thing Risk: Factions is sorely lacking, however? Little wooden cubes. Toss in some DLC wooden cubes, and I'll be happy.

Well that new rocket knight footage looked ok, I hope it has some challenges or a hard mode after reading that ign stuff, sounds like it's a bit too simple.

Anyone tried to buy Geometry Wars 2 today? It is listed for 400 pts (this week deal) but when the confirmation window pops up,it costs 800 pts (I almost made the mistake).

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Chiaroscuro said:
Anyone tried to buy Geometry Wars 2 today? It is listed for 400 pts (this week deal) but when the confirmation window pops up,it costs 800 pts (I almost made the mistake).

400 allards for me on the confirmation page.

Kron

Banned
Do we know whats coming on Wednesday yet?

April 14th: Final Fight Double Impact | 800 points
April 21st: Afterburner Climax | 800 points

Kron said:
Do we know whats coming on Wednesday yet?

April 14th: Final Fight Double Impact | 800 points
April 21st: Afterburner Climax | 800 points
This is my first time hearing about Final Fight, but I can't wait for Afterburner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom