• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ea-plans-madden-arcade-title

EA plans Madden Arcade title

EA Sports boss Peter Moore has announced plans to build on the success of downloadable ice hockey game 3 on 3 Arcade with an American football game in the same vein.

Madden Arcade is on the way this autumn, Moore told folks on the latest EA financial call (thanks GameSpot), although he didn't elaborate other than to say it would be a digital download title.

With that in mind, PS3 and Xbox 360's download services seem like a safe bet. 3 on 3 Arcade went for $10 or 800 Microsoft Points (£6.80 / €9.60), so that would seem a safe bet on that front too, although nothing is confirmed just yet.

Bubble Bobble Neo feels quite a bit different from Bubble Bobble Plus. The bubbles are easier to pop and the jumping seems faster (Gravity seems a bit stronger)

The game also has a nice visual polish that I thought was a bit lacking in the Wii version.

Edit: Just went back to the Wii version to compare, yep the 360 version is much better. Its much faster (The Wii version feels like a snail in comparison) and feels much more polished, definately the one to get!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ESRB Watch

Football Genius - The Ultimate Quiz

Platform: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: No Descriptors

Rating summary: This is a trivia game in which players answer multiple-choice questions about the rules and history of soccer. Players must answer questions as quickly as possible to earn more points than their opponents.

Raggy

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
Its currently only on the JPN store, the demo is in English though if you play it on an English account (You can't unlock it yet though)

Right.

So we are waiting for localization I take it.

Hopefully we will get it within a month.

There are local multiplayer?

Brakara

Raggy said:
Right.

So we are waiting for localization I take it.

Hopefully we will get it within a month.

There are local multiplayer?

Yes. And it certainly looks localized to me. I guess it was released in Japan this week since TMNT wasn't.

Having played the demo, I'm insta-buying it when it's released here. Sucks that it's lacking online mp though.

Mar

Brakara said:
Having played the demo, I'm insta-buying it when it's released here. Sucks that it's lacking online mp though.

Wat? Seriously? No online multiplayer for Bubble Bobble? That makes this game a questionable buy.

MDJCM

SapientWolf said:
Be forewarned, it gets hard. Soul shatteringly hard. But rarely frustrating and never impossible. Trials HD will be the first Summer of XBLA 2009 game I buy.

That puts me off a lot of games, usually when im playing a game i just want the fun to continue, but instead they always just ramp up the difficulty to insane along the way

UraMallas

AkuMifune said:
Actually you have 149. But who's counting? :D

According to mygamercard. And how can you not have Sam & Max, Monkey Island or SSF2THDR? Fail!
*sigh* I've been through this. I haven't played them all. I don't have a digital camera but I did take some pictures a couple of months ago to show that I had all Live Arcade games to someone else who looked on that site so I'll just post them again:

a2vift.jpg

This was just before I stopped buying every single game. The picture was taken on March 4th, this year. At 200, I started being a tiny bit more frugal because of really high priced ripoffs like Watchmen. I also don't have any of the Family Game Night games. FYI, I went to "Full Games" because this view doesn't show games you only have demos for.

So, yes. I'm counting.

AkuMifune

Banned
UraMallas said:
*sigh* I've been through this.

:lol I'm sorry, I wasn't accusing you or anything. I actually figured it was possible they weren't listed because you had bought, but never played them. Man. You should really try to find the time to play some of them before buying more. But I'm sure you've heard that too.

Raggy

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
No online and NO ORIGINAL MUSIC for Bubble Bobble? NO SALE.

I cant find the demo at all :(

I dont care about online (wont pay to play online), but no original music? seriously?
FFS, guess its back to MAME for me then.

Brakara

brain_stew said:
Is this a port of the Wii version with all the pricey DLC?

Is the DLC included with this release?

No idea what the DLC for the Wii version was, but there's a lot of content here. All 100 original levels (for the 2p mode) + 100 new ones (for the 4p-mode). There's also a 4p versus mode that I haven't tried.

Mar_ said:
Wat? Seriously? No online multiplayer for Bubble Bobble? That makes this game a questionable buy.

No, just local mp.

I'm buying it because I'll get my money's worth with just local mp. And, hey, maybe if enough people buy it they'll add online mp in a patch or DLC.

Edit:

Raggy said:
I cant find the demo at all :(

Japanese marketplace.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
"Cutting Edge Social" Game for XBLA

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/101/1010989p1.html

August 5, 2009 - Today independent developer Sarbakan announced it has struck a deal with Microsoft to create an original Xbox Live Arcade game for release in early 2010. It's not ready to give us a name or any specifics for the game, but Sarbakan says it will "take advantage of all of the cutting edge social features present on the Xbox 360 console."

This mysterious XBLA game should be officially announced soon. When IGN knows more, you will, too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Could be, could not be, we will have to see, anyway, I just got a message about some Partnernet happenings.

Layer Section HD and Rainbow Islands Towering Adventure have gone up since the last time I checked.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Layer Section HD and Rainbow Islands Towering Adventure have gone up since the last time I checked.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT OMG YESYESYES INJECT IT INTO MY EYEBALLS NOWWWWWW

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shig said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT OMG YESYESYES INJECT IT INTO MY EYEBALLS NOWWWWWW

Well, my source, if one is define him as such, has told me that he is going to be offering up proof that these Taito games exists sometime in the near future.

Brakara

Raggy said:
Thought it was Full game -> Japanese, Demo -> English ?

What, no. Login to your Japanese account, go to Games Marketplace, XBLA games, and download the trial. Then play it on your main account.

Shard said:
Well, my source, if one is define him as such, has told me that he is going to be offering up proof that these Taito games exists sometime in the near future.
Released Taito XBLA titles:
Exit
Exit 2
Space Invaders Extreme
Arkanoid Live!

---
Future Taito XBLA titles:
Qix++
Layer Section
Rainbow Islands Towering Adventure
Bubble Bobble Neo
Puzzle Bobble Live

Is that right? Man, all they need is to get Jungle King/Hunt remade along with (!) Elevator Action (and, no, I hope it's not Returns...that game is overrated like Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder is, IMO). Might as well go for broke and add in a real Rastan (first game, plz) remake along with Cadash. SE has been riding the Taito train hard and I'm not ashamed to say that I like it.

Mar

Brakara said:
No, just local mp.

That's terrible. I'll still buy it because I love the games and have wished for Bubble Bobble on XBLA ever since I bought a 360. But my friends won't get it without online multiplayer. So that's -3 sales for the game and I can only imagine that's a likely story for thousands of people.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, the contact was true to his or her word, he has sent me the proposed pictures.

Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure

2nbu9h0.jpg

2wc045g.jpg

Raystorm HD

2epk5c6.jpg

b69bnt.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Hm, kinda leery of them stretching the playfield out to widescreen.

But still, IT'S RAYSTORM FUCK YEAHHHHHH

OMFG

Was not expecting this. Wow. 360 is the Shmup console of the forever. Totally out of left field.

This was one of my favorite shmups on Playstation! I am shocked, man, completely shocked!

Hunahan

Banned
It's funny how the primary shmup platform is always the one that's doing the worst. :lol

PC Engine, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox360.....

I honestly think shmup developers enjoy being niche.

Hunahan said:
It's funny how the primary shmup platform is always the one that's doing the worst. :lol

PC Engine outsold the Megadrive in Japan. 2nd to the Super Famicom.

Hunahan said:

If that's the case, shouldn't all the shmup be on the PS3 since it's last place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom