• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

devilmaycry3.jpg

If this is really about making money then they should port it to Wii as well. They'd make a ton of money from it alone, and it being downgraded wouldn't be a big deal either because Capcom is talented in that area of maxing a system.

If this isn't ported then it's just money hats(obviously). Same with resident evil, why is Wii only getting a remix and not RE5?

The amount of spin from Capcom, Sony, MS, and gamers is going to be ****ing retarded. Capcom is bsing about multi plat and they know it, Lost Planet and Dead Rising are not coming to PS3 because MS was smart and secured exclusives while SOny thought they'd win with just brand name.
story.jpgp

spin-logo.gif

Surreal

Ranger X said:
It's a given but people like to sing doom and gloom.
There will be less third party exclusives this gen. It's like this because there simply won't be enough money made with next-gen dev costs without a console clearly leading the world. Third party will ask for insane amount of money for exclusivity wich Sony or Microsoft won't pay. Third parties will then go multi-platform and actually make real bling bling.

The war will be at the first party level.

Yeah, but it's hitting Sony in the nuts the hardest, they had the best exclusive 3rd party support. Now that MS has gotten its first party together, those games coupled with a strong third party, people are finding less reason to buy a PS3. Poor Sony. Jeez.

kevm3

Idioteque said:
Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy XIII
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Tekken 6

I think those might be the only good third party exclusives the PS3 has right now.

But I think the first party stuff is still pretty strong and really the main reason to own the console.

With the way its going, I don't even think any of those games may stay exclusive. Sony's really screwed. They can't drop the price because Microsoft will follow with a price drop of their own. $300 360 with a good next few months of games vs. $400 or $500 (assuming they eliminate the 20GB model, which would be utterly stupid) PS3 with only multiplatform releases until later on this year.

CrushDance said:
If this is really about making money then they should port it to Wii as well. They'd make a ton of money from it alone, and it being downgraded wouldn't be a big deal either because Capcom is talented in that area of maxing a system.

Porting a game from PS3 to 360 is a lot less work than porting it to Wii.

Bildi

:lol :lol ______ :lol ____:lol ___ :lol _____:lol :lol :lol
:lol ___:lol ___ :lol :lol_ :lol _:lol :lol ___ :lol
:lol ___:lol ___ :lol :lol_ :lol _:lol :lol ___ :lol
:lol ___:lol ___ :lol _:lol :lol :lol _:lol ___ :lol
:lol ___:lol ___ :lol ____:lol ___ :lol ___ :lol
:lol :lol ______ :lol ____:lol ___ :lol _____:lol :lol :lol

That was kinda hard.

Defuser

Amir0x said:
oh Sony, one week with good news was obviously too much for you

what **** ups
I was like,there has to be some bad news to counter it.Didn't expect to be a super megaton which hit me right in the balls.

Piper Az

I'm not sure how this will improve the Xbox360 in Japan...reading the Sakaguchi interview at gamespot, he really points out the horrible marketing campagin by MS over there. He basically says that although the Xbox360 is a buyable item for Japanese, terrible PR is hurting them the most.

Outside of Japan is a completely different story, obs.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
WOW!!!! Well I guess it was going to happen the whole time. I can only hope the PS3 can get some 360 games like Lost Planet.

I toast you 360 guys. The game will be great.
toast.jpg

Sony has 150 'first party' games in development. For each DMC4 that gets goes multiplatform, there are probably 20 exclusives that are just as big.

Matix

I guess Jonnyram murdered topix possibly may had some credibility. Also MGS4 is already a given, and knowing SE franchise whoring ass, will probably see FF13+ "Jump In"

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have a PS3 by the time this is released, but assuming the performance across both platforms is similar I will definitely be getting the 360 version for achievements and rumble. This is an awesome announcement! I'm really surprised that it will be a simultaneous release. I expected that Sony would have at least had a timed exclusive deal considering how much they have been using this game as "PS3-exclusive material"

I wonder if they are going to be doing the PC version in-house or if they will be giving it to some crappy dev-house to turn it into an abomination like the other PC ports of Capcom games.

ThirdEye

CrushDance said:

If this isn't ported then it's just money hats(obviously). Same with resident evil, why is Wii only getting a remix and not RE5?
:lol :lol

TreIII

kevm3 said:
With the way its going, I don't even think any of those games may stay exclusive. Sony's really screwed. They can't drop the price because Microsoft will follow with a price drop of their own. $300 360 with a good next few months of games vs. $400 or $500 (assuming they eliminate the 20GB model, which would be utterly stupid) PS3 with only multiplatform releases until later on this year.

Well, to be fair, I don't think 360 fans would be that heart-broken to not get NG: Sigma...provided NG2 comes out in timely fashion soon enough afterward. :lol

But any way...wow. Simply wow.

Score for more people being able to play what could possibly an awesome game (I'll get it for PC, probably!), but, dang, what a blow for Sony...

What's next? And of the Final Fantasy XIII games for the 360 as well? :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Piper Az said:
I'm not sure how this will improve the Xbox360 in Japan...reading the Sakaguchi interview at gamespot, he really points out the horrible marketing campagin by MS over there. He basically says that although the Xbox360 is a buyable item for Japanese, terrible PR is hurting them the most.

Outside of Japan is a completely different story, obs.

In Japan this won't mean anything, but outside of Japan it means quite a bit for the hardcore gaming guys out there.

Dante

It's not really a Sony decision to those blaming them. At the end of the day it's Capcom, and it would be financially stupid to not put this franchise on the 360, especially with heavier competition from the genre, and the lower userbase of PS3. Although Sony might want to MAYBE reconsider their stance on moneyhatting third parties, this is a big deal that they lost it, but It'd be pretty catastrophic at this point if they lost Final Fantasy or Metal Gear.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I think the funniest part about this is that it wasn't more than a week ago that Sony fans thought that Sony had a return to form with a LBP and HOME.

And where the **** is my rumble Sony!? God you do something well for 2 generations and then screw up beyond proportions. How does waggle alone make a game more immersive?

No theres nothing at all to say. Xbots win this one, all anyone can do is wait for Sony to counter with some good first party.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I couldn't say this was completely unexpected, but it is great news for 360 owners.

devilmaycry3.jpg

Yesssssssss!

Ranger X

Surreal said:
Yeah, but it's hitting Sony in the nuts the hardest, they had the best exclusive 3rd party support. Now that MS has gotten its first party together, those games coupled with a strong third party, people are finding less reason to buy a PS3. Poor Sony. Jeez.

Well the catch here is that nobody is getting those third party exclusive this gen. This means it doesn't advantage either Sony or Microsoft. That's why i say what will really matter is first party stuff. If Microsoft don't deliver, third party exclusives won't save them. Same rule for Sony. In all honestly i think right now Sony SHOULD have the advantage as they had the strongest first party line-up last gen (imo).

The console that might just receive the most third party exclusives this gen is actually the Wii. And you know what? Those exclusives (again) won't probably make them the ultimate leader either. Seriously, third party stuff matter less than before it seems. The only time it will play against you is if the 2 other gets the game but not you. This will mostly happen to the Wii i suppose.

Top Bottom