• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

Xabora

burger_king_farked-742536.jpg

One step closer!

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Dante said:
It's not really a Sony decision to those blaming them. At the end of the day it's Capcom, and it would be financially stupid to not put this franchise on the 360, especially with heavier competition from the genre, and the lower userbase of PS3. Although Sony might want to MAYBE reconsider their stance on moneyhatting third parties, this is a big deal that they lost it, but It'd be pretty catastrophic at this point if they lost Final Fantasy or Metal Gear.

QFT

/Thread.

J-Rzez

Zefah said:
I'll have a PS3 by the time this is released, but assuming the performance across both platforms is similar I will definitely be getting the 360 version for achievements and rumble.

Rumble was never a factor in them before... and, since this will be released around Home time, I'm sure there will be some Trophies in the PS3 version...

The old "i'll buy it for achievements" is washed up anymore as Sony has the same thing, maybe cooler if you like visual awards more and a virtual trophy room like shown in Home...

Zilch

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Sony has 150 'first party' games in development. For each DMC4 that gets goes multiplatform, there are probably 20 exclusives that are just as big.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT

spin-logo.gif

kevm3

Ranger X said:
Well the catch here is that nobody is getting those third party exclusive this gen. This means it doesn't advantage either Sony or Microsoft. That's why i say what will really matter is first party stuff. If Microsoft don't deliver, third party exclusives won't save them. Same rule for Sony. In all honestly i think right now Sony SHOULD have the advantage as they had the strongest first party line-up last gen (imo).

The console that might just receive the most third party exclusives this gen is actually the Wii. And you know what? Those exclusives (again) won't probably make them the ultimate leader either. Seriously, third party stuff matter less than before it seems. The only time it will play against you is if the 2 other gets the game but not you. This will mostly happen to the Wii i suppose.

Multiplatform titles definitely benefit the 360 over the PS3 because the PS3 is so much more expensive, so people are likely to get a 360 just to play those titles.

What's really troubling for Sony is that they were planning on making the PS3 stretch out over a 10 year cycle. If Microsoft would drop the price of the 400 to 300, they would really put Sony in deep trouble.

KGKK

Banned
Ranger X said:
Well the catch here is that nobody is getting those third party exclusive this gen. This means it doesn't advantage either Sony or Microsoft. That's why i say what will really matter is first party stuff. If Microsoft don't deliver, third party exclusives won't save them. Same rule for Sony. In all honestly i think right now Sony SHOULD have the advantage as they had the strongest first party line-up last gen (imo).

The console that might just receive the most third party exclusives this gen is actually the Wii. And you know what? Those exclusives (again) won't probably make them the ultimate leader either. Seriously, third party stuff matter less than before it seems. The only time it will play against you is if the 2 other gets the game but not you. This will mostly happen to the Wii i suppose.

This man speaks the truth.

FrankT

Someone please post that pic with Shane and nothing to see here, bomba pic (was in the NPD thread from last week). Please please please.

Dante said:
It's not really a Sony decision to those blaming them. At the end of the day it's Capcom, and it would be financially stupid to not put this franchise on the 360, especially with heavier competition from the genre, and the lower userbase of PS3. Although Sony might want to MAYBE reconsider their stance on moneyhatting third parties, this is a big deal that they lost it, but It'd be pretty catastrophic at this point if they lost Final Fantasy or Metal Gear.
Okay so is that what were going to use form now? "financially irresponsible" LMAO. I guess rumble is financially irresponsible right? Fact is that Microsoft is buying studios and multi plats like crazy and it's almost as if Sony is just "sitting there" and watching. Doesn't that make you kind of frustrated?

I want a PS3 badly and am still going to get one to compliment my Wii but this is just retarded. Capcom and other 3rd parties are obviously in it for he money and MS is paying them just like they always do to make exclusives or multi plats.

My purchase doesn't rest easy on me now. I know the good games are coming to Sony and it's a matter of waiting but month after month of MS upturning tables is disheartening.

Jammy

Banned
This is what happens when not only development costs on your system are high, but your system flops right out of the starting gate.

The PS3 is very much reminding me of the N64, not only in terms of their respective companies getting arrogant and having the most powerful system out at the time, but in terms of what games are being shown and pushed. N64 was a big first party system and pretty much the only stuff we've been seeing much of for PS3 is Uncharted, LBP, and the best-selling games are Motorstorm and Resistance.

Mifune

Mehmber
The gloves are off. This is exciting stuff. It's becoming increasingly clear that what is going to differentiate Sony and Microsoft is their first party portfolios.

Personally I'm not a huge DMC fan (only played the first game), but this is a nice pickup for Microsoft. And how the hell didn't Sony get a limited time exclusive out of the deal?

If (when?) MGS4 gets announced for the 360, I do think the world just might end.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
11 pages in about an hour.

Impressive.

w00t for this news. Now I don't have to buy a PS3 to play DMC4. I'll be getting one eventually, but this will stave that off. Price drop FTW.

7Th

Xabora said:
o_O

DMC3 has been on the PC for ages.
So there goes your exclusive arguement.

He means multiplatform developed games, DMC3 was ported, which is probably the case with DMC4, but let them cry is more fun that way.

Jammy said:
This is what happens when not only development costs on your system are high, but your system flops right out of the starting gate.

The PS3 is very much reminding me of the N64, not only in terms of their respective companies getting arrogant and having the most powerful system out at the time, but in terms of what games are being shown and pushed. N64 was a big first party system and pretty much the only stuff we've been seeing much of for PS3 is Uncharted, LBP, and the best-selling games are Motorstorm and Resistance.

The difference is Sony actually seem to be able to have more than one first party game out every 6 months.

Kangu

Banned
Avalon said:
Yup. Wasn't the frame-work for the engine done on the X360?

The game never looked that impressive at any rate, from a graphical stand point. Multiplataform development is the bane of good graphics for this generation.

What company said in an interview a while back last year that because of dev time and console costs they can make more money back going multi platform instead of single?

I'm happy to see dmc4 come to the 360 as I already own one, I highly doubt any final fantasy games will go multi so I still got my #1 reason for picking up a ps3 in 08, just as I planned anyway :D (plus theres f1, motorstorm and a few others that interest me and will be down in price by then)

Top Bottom