• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menchi

Nice to see them trying to sell themselves again, rather than letting the other companies paint them as a failure all the time.

Coolwhip

Banned
Let me spell it out for you.

With a Wii and the entire Nintendo library in front of me I probably couldn't even pick 5 titles that would be worth the effort for me to get off the couch and put a disk in the machine. With either the XBox of PS I could easily spend an entire afternoon bouncing between different titles seeing what I'm missing. Of course then I'd throw them all in the closet as supporting such closed platforms is utterly stupid in the first place.

So what you are saying is, you have a different taste in games than him?

~ZIO~

Neo Member
Are we reading the same thread? The amount of emotional distraught and passive aggressive posters is sky high.

I think you want to believe there's more anger than there probably is. I been lurking the thread since the beginning and there's been, maybe, one instance where I felt the sentiments were genuine.

I tend to look at all posts and believe in ulterior motives behind their being made.

Go on then, name the new IPs that Nintendo have made in the last 10 years that don't contain Mario characters and have gotten a sequel.
Starfy
Ouendan
Rhythm Heaven
Band Brothers
Animal Crossing
Nintendogs
Brain Training
Magical Starsign
Xenoblade (assuming x is a sequel)
Chibi Robo
Hotel Dusk
Trace Memory
Pushmo
Tomodachi
Fossil Fighters
Golden Sun
Battalion Wars
Baten Kaitos
Endless Ocean

I absolutely love this thread.

rsajkrI.png
Lmao

AniHawk

Going by this this thread, e3 and possibly the 20th will be a serious blood bath sadly...

can't wait until microsoft gets started. don't hear much from that side, usually.

well, usually you don't hear much from the fans of the market leader. sony fans were pretty quiet until 2007 for some strange reason.

jay

Nah, I'm blessed with great skin at the age of 21.

Honestly though, Nintendo is like the Vince McMahon of gaming because they're out of touch. They need to stop being family friendly and actually try to be ruthless like Eazy-E.

Not many people are falling for their old gaming scheme. The people that purchased a Wii won't buy a Wii-U because they're looking at it as just a Wii with a different controller.

If Nintendo catered to everyone like HHH(Sony), then you would see more sales.

Microsoft is still gritty, but they're about to be in the same position Nintendo is in now.

Yes, pretend you're rational and have thought out ideas. That will save you.

Road

Oh God, I realllly regret posting that now. So much pent up rage from the last few months just waiting for a thread like this to erupt. Looks guise, they just throw a random quote in there.
ifz1v4uLhqDlH.png

ib11ysHQ56NxGe.png
I think we made them feel bad...

gamersunite.png

"Be the first to know 2/20."
"Be the first to know on 2/20."
"Be first to know on 2/20."

How hard is it to copy and paste the same sentence over and over?

Also, make it "Feb 20". Pay up for those additional 2 characters.

Derrick01

Banned
The God of War franchise sfarted how many years ago...8? And we have had 3 main entries with a fourth soon, two PSP releases, three compilations, and a mobile title. Silly Sony.

I feel like there's been at least twice that many mario games in the same time span.

edit: Also, counting the compilations? Really??

How can the company that keeps pumping out Killzone talk shit about Mario ahah. Every gen for the past two... Killzone. Nobody cares beyond these boards.

Strife91

I thought GAF was a place for mature gaming discussions. I guess console wars makes gamers show their true colors.

I wonder how many casualties this war will have. We should make a memorial wall for all banned members.

I think you want to believe there's more anger than there probably is. I been lurking the thread since the beginning and there's been, maybe, one instance where I felt the sentiments were genuine.

I tend to look at all posts and believe in ulterior motives behind their being made.

I agree, I don't think anyone in the thread is actually mad about video games and is just having good fun (same as Sony).

Except maybe your parents died guy.

sephi22

He was talking shit so he had to pay for it.

No one is checking for Nintendo games anymore. Whenever you hear the word Mario mentioned, it's usually by some pimple faced, duck mouth losers.
Wegotabadasshere.jpg

This is GAF bro, not GameFAQs, though I know its hard to tell from this thread.

vilmer_

I thought GAF was a place for mature gaming discussions. I guess console wars makes gamers show their true colors.

I wonder how many casualties this war will have. We should make a memorial wall for all banned members.

There will be many casualties.

ASIS

the second the WiiU runs that game or anything remotely in the same ballpark by Bethesda, you might have a point. As it is, the Wii U is struggling to run Ninja Gaiden 3, let alone skyrim. BOOYA!.

that game is an example of Bethesda making terrible PS3 ports and not much else.

how many other games can you name that run at zero FPS on the PS3? Anything? Anything at all?
you need more examples of games running at 0 FPS? LOL!

BTW in case you can't tell, I'm not being serious

Drek

A good solid half of those games are mediocre (uncharted, god of war) to straight up terrible (Buzz! Heavenly Sword). You didn't even mention sony's great shit like gravity rush. Also, list wars lol

Ratchet > Mario. Nintendo even cribbed R&C's small planet designs for Galaxy, because they're creatively bankrupt. R&C = better platforming, more diverse experiences, better upgrades (via guns that further upgrade). Mario = stale and boring shit.

God of War > Zelda. Zelda fails at being non-linear as you have to complete every dungeon in a set order and the games handhold your ass through them. At least God of War acknoweldges that it isn't a non-linear game and lets you dig in to the best parts (combat, finding bad ass upgrades, solving puzzles). GoW's combat shits on Zelda's from great heights, it's puzzles are far more inventive than solving the same "get dungeon specific item, solve all the obvious puzzles that obviously needed this one obvious item the entire time" cliche.

WipEout > F-Zero. Hell, Nintendo had to farm out the last one to Sega and WipEout is still better. Better sense of speed, more intelligent track design, incorporating weapons as an excellent secondary layer of strategy, and most importantly ZONE MODE.

Uncharted > ummm. Oh that's right, Nintendo runs out of shit worth playing after Mario and Zelda (since they've killed F-Zero). Sony keeps delivering the hits.

FYI - as for the silly little "games that have magic and take you to a fantasy land!" blah blah blah Nintendo fanboy tripe - Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are better than any games Nintendo has ever made at any point at doing just that. They also manage to incorporate some real next level concepts instead of the same "derpy dur, save dah princess!" motives.

Sony put Nintendo's ass in checkmate mid-PS2 and have never looked back. Just like they did when Naughty Dog's Crash Team Racing owned the shit out of Nintendo's weak excuse for a cart game, and when Hot Shots continued to smack down the lame ass Mario Golf games despite Nintendo hiring Camelot (who are bad people making bad games, and will never be forgiven for Beyond the Beyond.)

Hell, once upon a time Nintendo made the best baseball game with Ken Griffey Jr. Presents, guess who owns that title now? Sony and the stellar team at Sony San Diego, killin' it with MLB: The Show unrivaled for over half a decade now.

Everything Nintendo used to do well Sony has done better, while also doing shit Nintendo has never even dared to try. Sega coined the phrase but Sony lived up to the moniker, "doing what Nintendon't".

This thread is a fun time.

Pyronite

I can't believe such a milquetoast first post leads to 28 pages, personally.

Whatever. Signal to noise ratio here can be disappointing sometimes.

Yawnier

Banned
Starfy
Ouendan
Rhythm Heaven
Band Brothers
Animal Crossing
Nintendogs
Brain Training
Magical Starsign
Xenoblade (assuming x is a sequel)
Chibi Robo
Hotel Dusk
Trace Memory
Pushmo
Tomodachi
Fossil Fighters
Golden Sun
Battalion Wars
Baten Kaitos
Endless Ocean

List wars, Round 2: FIGHT!

Boss Man

I absolutely love this thread.

rsajkrI.png
This is my new desktop background.

"Banned"?
If anything they should ban the guy who bolded a list of 20 games he's never played that probably have an average metacritic of about 90 and called all of them mediocre.

I mean, I don't want him to die or anything for it. But I don't think I'd bet upset if he did. I kinda see where the reply was coming from.

you need more examples of games running at 0 FPS? LOL!

sure. go ahead. name ANY other game that has that issue. As it is, the only multiplatform games running on both consoles (ninja gaiden 3, mass effect) run better on Ps3. But that's not a judgement on the hardware, that's the fault of shitty, lazy ports. (see: bayonetta PS3).

You can be smart enough to know the difference, or you can just keep writing LOLOMG and pulling examples out of context like a jackass.

Jamix012

Ratchet > Mario. Nintendo even cribbed R&C's small planet designs for Galaxy, because they're creatively bankrupt. R&C = better platforming, more diverse experiences, better upgrades (via guns that further upgrade). Mario = stale and boring shit.

God of War > Zelda. Zelda fails at being non-linear as you have to complete every dungeon in a set order and the games handhold your ass through them. At least God of War acknoweldges that it isn't a non-linear game and lets you dig in to the best parts (combat, finding bad ass upgrades, solving puzzles). GoW's combat shits on Zelda's from great heights, it's puzzles are far more inventive than solving the same "get dungeon specific item, solve all the obvious puzzles that obviously needed this one obvious item the entire time" cliche.

WipEout > F-Zero. Hell, Nintendo had to farm out the last one to Sega and WipEout is still better. Better sense of speed, more intelligent track design, incorporating weapons as an excellent secondary layer of strategy, and most importantly ZONE MODE.

Uncharted > ummm. Oh that's right, Nintendo runs out of shit worth playing after Mario and Zelda (since they've killed F-Zero). Sony keeps delivering the hits.

FYI - as for the silly little "games that have magic and take you to a fantasy land!" blah blah blah Nintendo fanboy tripe - Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are better than any games Nintendo has ever made at any point at doing just that. They also manage to incorporate some real next level concepts instead of the same "derpy dur, save dah princess!" motives.

Sony put Nintendo's ass in checkmate mid-PS2 and have never looked back. Just like they did when Naughty Dog's Crash Team Racing owned the shit out of Nintendo's weak excuse for a cart game, and when Hot Shots continued to smack down the lame ass Mario Golf games despite Nintendo hiring Camelot (who are bad people making bad games, and will never be forgiven for Beyond the Beyond.)

Hell, once upon a time Nintendo made the best baseball game with Ken Griffey Jr. Presents, guess who owns that title now? Sony and the stellar team at Sony San Diego, killin' it with MLB: The Show unrivaled for over half a decade now.

Everything Nintendo used to do well Sony has done better, while also doing shit Nintendo has never even dared to try. Sega coined the phrase but Sony lived up to the moniker, "doing what Nintendon't".

This thread is a fun time.

Man if anything I'd say the Sony fans seem to be the saltier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom