• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to kazify Crash Bandicoot camping outside of Nintendo HQ.

"Hey plumber boy, mustache man, you worst nightmare has arrived..."

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Oh no. Soon, Neoga will need more cemeteries :(

jue5skxYQNFJ0.jpg

Foffy

Banned
Ratchet > Mario. Nintendo even cribbed R&C's small planet designs for Galaxy, because they're creatively bankrupt. R&C = better platforming, more diverse experiences, better upgrades (via guns that further upgrade). Mario = stale and boring shit.

God of War > Zelda. Zelda fails at being non-linear as you have to complete every dungeon in a set order and the games handhold your ass through them. At least God of War acknoweldges that it isn't a non-linear game and lets you dig in to the best parts (combat, finding bad ass upgrades, solving puzzles). GoW's combat shits on Zelda's from great heights, it's puzzles are far more inventive than solving the same "get dungeon specific item, solve all the obvious puzzles that obviously needed this one obvious item the entire time" cliche.

WipEout > F-Zero. Hell, Nintendo had to farm out the last one to Sega and WipEout is still better. Better sense of speed, more intelligent track design, incorporating weapons as an excellent secondary layer of strategy, and most importantly ZONE MODE.

Uncharted > ummm. Oh that's right, Nintendo runs out of shit worth playing after Mario and Zelda (since they've killed F-Zero). Sony keeps delivering the hits.

FYI - as for the silly little "games that have magic and take you to a fantasy land!" blah blah blah Nintendo fanboy tripe - Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are better than any games Nintendo has ever made at any point at doing just that. They also manage to incorporate some real next level concepts instead of the same "derpy dur, save dah princess!" motives.

Sony put Nintendo's ass in checkmate mid-PS2 and have never looked back. Just like they did when Naughty Dog's Crash Team Racing owned the shit out of Nintendo's weak excuse for a cart game, and when Hot Shots continued to smack down the lame ass Mario Golf games despite Nintendo hiring Camelot (who are bad people making bad games, and will never be forgiven for Beyond the Beyond.)

Hell, once upon a time Nintendo made the best baseball game with Ken Griffey Jr. Presents, guess who owns that title now? Sony and the stellar team at Sony San Diego, killin' it with MLB: The Show unrivaled for over half a decade now.

Everything Nintendo used to do well Sony has done better, while also doing shit Nintendo has never even dared to try. Sega coined the phrase but Sony lived up to the moniker, "doing what Nintendon't".

This thread is a fun time.

Oh my god this thread continues to deliver. And here I was, wanting to play video games..

?oe?oe

The problem with console wars (and GAF in general) is that fans throw their opinions at each other thinking they are facts in some weird hope the other fans will conform. Fanboys are like a cult.

But that makes it fun to watch.

Meelow

Banned
I edited the ad to make this this thread less tense for people to laugh.

8V1WEay.png

After thinking about it it's just an ad, something to make Nintendo annoyed.

FourMyle

I think you want to believe there's more anger than there probably is. I been lurking the thread since the beginning and there's been, maybe, one instance where I felt the sentiments were genuine.

I tend to look at all posts and believe in ulterior motives behind their being made.

That's cool. I have also been lurking the thread since the beginning and there are dozens and dozens of instances where I think passive aggressive anger comes through. It's a little weird how you're trying to downplay the emotional attachment that some people on these boards have to one company or another.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ratchet > Mario. Nintendo even cribbed R&C's small planet designs for Galaxy, because they're creatively bankrupt. R&C = better platforming, more diverse experiences, better upgrades (via guns that further upgrade). Mario = stale and boring shit.

God of War > Zelda. Zelda fails at being non-linear as you have to complete every dungeon in a set order and the games handhold your ass through them. At least God of War acknoweldges that it isn't a non-linear game and lets you dig in to the best parts (combat, finding bad ass upgrades, solving puzzles). GoW's combat shits on Zelda's from great heights, it's puzzles are far more inventive than solving the same "get dungeon specific item, solve all the obvious puzzles that obviously needed this one obvious item the entire time" cliche.

WipEout > F-Zero. Hell, Nintendo had to farm out the last one to Sega and WipEout is still better. Better sense of speed, more intelligent track design, incorporating weapons as an excellent secondary layer of strategy, and most importantly ZONE MODE.

Uncharted > ummm. Oh that's right, Nintendo runs out of shit worth playing after Mario and Zelda (since they've killed F-Zero). Sony keeps delivering the hits.

FYI - as for the silly little "games that have magic and take you to a fantasy land!" blah blah blah Nintendo fanboy tripe - Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are better than any games Nintendo has ever made at any point at doing just that. They also manage to incorporate some real next level concepts instead of the same "derpy dur, save dah princess!" motives.

Sony put Nintendo's ass in checkmate mid-PS2 and have never looked back. Just like they did when Naughty Dog's Crash Team Racing owned the shit out of Nintendo's weak excuse for a cart game, and when Hot Shots continued to smack down the lame ass Mario Golf games despite Nintendo hiring Camelot (who are bad people making bad games, and will never be forgiven for Beyond the Beyond.)

Hell, once upon a time Nintendo made the best baseball game with Ken Griffey Jr. Presents, guess who owns that title now? Sony and the stellar team at Sony San Diego, killin' it with MLB: The Show unrivaled for over half a decade now.

Everything Nintendo used to do well Sony has done better, while also doing shit Nintendo has never even dared to try. Sega coined the phrase but Sony lived up to the moniker, "doing what Nintendon't".

Damn look at that salt.

MasLegio

Banned
"Be the first to know 2/20."
"Be the first to know on 2/20."
"Be first to know on 2/20."

How hard is it to copy and paste the same sentence over and over?

Also, make it "Feb 20". Pay up for those additional 2 characters.

wonder if it is some kind of shitty Ad-word AI making stuff up based on page / cache / cookie content.

Drek said:

I'll go ahead and make the claim that this is the worst thing I've ever read.

Codeblue

I'm sure Dead Rising would have if they didn't strip 90% of the zombies out of it.

The difference being that Capcom recognized that and stripped the content while Bethesda also recognized it but then released it anyway.

This is a Bethesda vs. Capcom thread, right?

farnham

Banned
I find this "your parents wouldnt care.." kind of comments over the line.

Maybe the guy that posted recently had problems with gis parents? Maybe they died? Maybe he was abandoned as a child?

Why try to get a discussion in such a persnal space? This kind of shit can deeply hurt people.

Also why bringing in death of a poster into the discussion. There are neogaf posters that died and people were sad about it on neogaf (gaborn being an example). I always found that kind of bond to be very special even though its just a messageboard.

Aretak

∀ Narayan;47812007 said:
This thread is something else.
But hey, 29 pages in under two hours from a single line of text.

Someone in Sony's marketing department is getting a raise.

teiresias

It's not even the fact that they're making more PROPER Mario games. The damn company can't even make games in other genres without falling back on the Mario Crutch. Here's how some recent news probably went down:

Nintendo Designer #1: I want to make an RPG.

Nintendo Designer #2: That's a good idea, I'd like to try my hand at that, what about?

ND#1: I'm thinking we could make a RPG with a tactical battle system that explores issues of racial tension in a highly segregated society. Here's my treatise.

ND#2: This is really good, let's propose it.

. . . moments later . . .

ND#1: So . . . what do you think?

Miyamoto: I like it, except for the serious subject matter, the complicated game mechanics, and the lack of Nintendo staple characters.

ND#2: But . . .

Miyamoto: Tell you what, stick some paper-rock-scissors battle gameplay in there, add in Mario & Luigi and one of those Princesses . . . I don't care which, no one can tell them apart . . . and you're good to go.

ND#1: But, we'd like . . .

Miyamoto: Are you still here? Leave me, I'm busy trying to figure out whether to put the grappling hook in the water or fire dungeon in the next Zelda.

jay

You forgot to make fun of Metroid. Or is that a subtle dig at how forgettable and irrelevant it is?

I get it.

Boss Man

Damn, time to bail out.

kirby_fox

Banned
The 90s love has come back so much that even the console wars had to return...

Nintendo to counter with "Even Kevin Butler had more fun with a Wii" or "The only system that gives you all the colors- not just brown"

Microsoft to counter with "Halo does what Killdone't" or "Don't play with your glowing balls, play with your hands free".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom