• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamix012

Actually I play that free Zelda game a while ago for the DSi for about 10 minutes.

I didn't grab me.

trumanshow-jimcarrey-whoyoutalkingto.gif

Verendus

Banned
It's crazy that Sony fanboys still exist with all of their former amazing exclusives ported to every platform under then sun.
To be fair, Uncharted is close to, if not, bigger than Final Fantasy at this stage. Gran Turismo is still bigger than any former exclusive they used to have. And God of War is just as successful as the most recent Metal Gear Solid entries. Sony fanboys haven't really lost anything. They've just gained even more due to losing those exclusives.

Plus, some exclusives they lost will actually end up coming back.

This is exactly one of the reasons I rarely play Nintendo games anymore or don't have any desire to in the future. The games might be all different genres but they're still set in the same world, with the same look, the same colours, same characters and similar graphic style, which was fun when the wii came out but after so many years I've grown tired of.

We're now resorting to lies.

meta4

It's crazy that Sony fanboys still exist with all of their former amazing exclusives ported to every platform under then sun.

Pretty sure if Nintendo Fanboys exist even after the Wii, Sony fanboys will just as sure exist.

This thread has delivered in spades.

This is exactly one of the reasons I rarely play Nintendo games anymore or don't have any desire to in the future. The games might be all different genres but they're still set in the same world, with the same look, the same colours, same characters and similar graphic style, which was fun when the wii came out but after so many years I've grown tired of.

Well I get what you are saying but looks like that is changing again with the WiiU.

THEN play Link's Awakening, so you can do the whole "Meh, it's been downhill since Link's Awakening, they just keep padding the series with more crap"

the ViewtifulJC kool kids klub aka the KKK

...I need to rethink that name

i'm pretty sure at this point that Online Zelda Hipsters™ have decided that Link to the Past sucks too and that the only good zelda game in their favorite game series is an unlabeled prototype in miyamoto's basement

But can I relate to Mario (other than our shared admiration for thaumaturigcal fungi)? No, because I've never had to rescue a princess from a large dino-man, only for her to CONSISTENTLY be in a different castle.

Kratos is a man sharing his stages of grief with us, naked to the world. He doesn't hide his emotions behind a bushy mustache like that emotionless meatball in a red jumper. He invites us in to share in his journey of emotional discovery and to share in the understanding he achieves at the climax of each epic adventure.

As for gameplay, Mario only changes it's formula up so much because it's too shallow to allow for more than a few iterations on the same basic template before the cracks show through. I'd hardly call that a positive.

Honestly, if Homer were alive today I think he'd feel more than a touch of pride at how his works provided the backdrop for the God of War franchise to build upon, recognizing Kratos as every bit the timeless hero that Achilles and Odysseus are.

LOL

I never bothered to play God of War games, because they're everything I dislike, but now I'm kinda curious to see how awful the story is...

Because anyone that gives a shit about gameplay would realize that they all play completely different.

But hey, leave it to a Sony fan to focus on presentation over the actual gameplay.

lol And with that, I'm out of this thread for dinner, 11/10 best thread so far

Please don't call me a Sony fan. I've been called a lot of things in my life but that's one of the more hurtful.

Azure J

i'm pretty sure at this point that Online Zelda Hipsters™ have decided that Link to the Past sucks too and that the only good zelda game in their favorite game series is an unlabeled prototype in miyamoto's basement

HEY!

Zelda 2 actually saw a release man.

:p

MYE

You grew tired of Mario so...you stopped playing Nintendo games altogether?
what

The games might be all different genres but they're still set in the same world, with the same look, the same colours, same characters and similar graphic style

and hmmm, no?

Skyzard

Banned
To be fair, Uncharted is close to, if not, bigger than Final Fantasy at this stage. Gran Turismo is still bigger than any former exclusive they used to have. And God of War is just as successful as the most recent Metal Gear Solid entries. Sony fanboys haven't really lost anything. They've just gained even more due to losing those exclusives.

Plus, some exclusives they lost will actually end up coming back.

Even if they weren't exclusive, MS can't trick us with an xbox and its ads and money sucking.
Nintendo have bailed out of trying to impress adult gamers.

Good old Sony, doesn't disappoint and stays true for the golden age of gamers. Sure it costs a little bit more initially but it's always more worthwhile at the end of things.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Well... Nintendo was reppin that last gen hardware and made the highest rated first party game this gen. Can't argue there.
They made Grand Theft Auto 4?

Edit: Oh misread: They had to create the highest first party game this gen because the actual highest rated game wasn't available on their hardware. :-D

But is Mario played out? I would give you NSMB, which has seen very little evolution in every aspect. Outside of that, Mario games are some of the best games ever made -- Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are some of the best games ever made. And you can bet the next 3D Mario will be right up there with them or better.

OOT shits all over LTTP so hard I find it hard to believe it's not considered an objective statement that OOT is better than LTTP.

OoT is flash over gameplay by comparison. It's secretly a Sony game in Zelda clothing. :p

4 Swords for the DSi?

rdrr gnr

EC is definitely a Ninty fan but he's usually so impartial. I think as long as you don't tell a poster to die you're safe from the ban hammer. I think this thread should be relabeled gamefaqs 2.0
Sure, but the extent of your argument is "lol cinematic gaemz"? Have your opinion but express it well.

Orayn

They made Grand Theft Auto 4?

Edit: Oh misread: They had to create the highest first party game this gen because the actual highest rated game wasn't available on their hardware. :-D

GameRankings vs. Metacritic, actually. The former puts both Super Mario Galaxy games above GTA IV, but that's another can of worms. (A can with a hastily scrawled label that reads "LISTWARZ.")

Nah the "good" Zelda game is now officially Wind Waker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom