• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ohio Cop Pulls Over Black Man for Making Direct Eye Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

The Blackingan is a powerful ocular bloodline limit, and is known to inflame passions of its users when trained to a high level.

Understandable fear. First they're the surly kid in class who refuses to speak, then they're out their in the streets with snakes trying to murder their best friend to make their block better.

The entire clan must be wiped out for the safety of the majority masses.

Monocle

I thought it was a universally acknowledged medical fact that the black gaze, otherwise known as the Nagger's Snare, has a ruinous effect on the Caucasian nervous system. That cop was right to confront his assailant.

Africanus

The Blackingan is a powerful ocular bloodline limit, and is known to inflame passions of its users when trained to a high level.

Understandable fear. First they're the surly kid in class who refuses to speak, then they're out their in the streets with snakes trying to murder their best friend to make their block better.

Actual picture of user:
eyes%20stare%20naruto%20shippuden%20sharingan%20red%20eyes%20black%20background%201366x768%20wallpaper_wallpaperswa.com_63.jpg

Mdot

You would think at this point cops know they're being recorded a lot and might be a little smarter in what they say and do.

Patrol

Banned
It can be considered a form of suspicious behavior, but that is not grounds for a stop and would never constitute as reasonable suspicion on its face-value (pardon the pun). There's the totality to look at, among other behavior, to warrant a stop which is why he followed him for some time to find cause to pull him over.

Depending on the length of time followed, it may be argued as unreasonable (and possibly harassment). Again, you can't pull people over on gut feelings/over a hunch, but so long as he had cause (such as a petty failure to use turn signal at the proper distance), then it's fine. I mean, cracked windshield and no light on bicycle are two common infractions that are used for cause frequently.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
It can be considered a form of suspicious behavior, but that is not grounds for a stop and would never constitute as reasonable suspicion on its face-value (pardon the pun). There's the totality to look at, among other behavior, to warrant a stop which is why he followed him for some time to find cause to pull him over.

Depending on the length of time followed, it may be argued as unreasonable (and possibly harassment). Again, you can't pull people over on gut feelings/over a hunch, but so long as he had cause (such as a petty failure to use turn signal at the proper distance), then it's fine. I mean, cracked windshield and no light on bicycle are two common infractions that are used for cause frequently.

What a fair and balanced point of view.

Fair enough.

I drove to this wine bar to meet my date tonight and a few miles from the freeway on the other side of the road was a police checkpoint. The fucking cop was eyeballing me as I drive past ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD. I had my sunglasses on so he couldn't see me looking at him specifically, but I know he was targeting me in a somewhat standout car.

The lady I met also saw the checkpoint so we joked about it. When I was leaving I checked Waze for the first time in forever and saw that they were still out there.
I took the scenic route home and avoided them completely. Also happened to miss the power lines on the freeway which was good too.

Nephtis

To be fair, you don't have to be black for that kind of crap.

One time on my way to work I made a left turn and there was a cop -- I just happened to look at him - you know, sometimes you just can't help but make eye contact - and the cop followed me super close until I got in the parking lot at work.

It went on for long enough that before he left me alone I was actually considering calling 911 to see wtf was going on.

To be fair, you don't have to be black for that kind of crap.

One time on my way to work I made a left turn and there was a cop -- I just happened to look at him - you know, sometimes you just can't help but make eye contact - and the cop followed me super close until I got in the parking lot at work.

It went on for long enough that before he left me alone I was actually considering calling 911 to see wtf was going on.
So, you're saying you've been told you were pulled over for making eye contact? I'm trying to understand the "fair" point. I mean, you're a minority, correct? Wouldn't be surprising..I just want to be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom