• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ohio school shooting 2/27/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Whats your name?"

"Shane French....S H A N E"

"We're live with James Ranch on a local radio show, are you on the scene?"

"No"

Fucking Fox man...

This and them asking him to confirm that there were 4 victims in critical condition was ridiculous. "Can you confirm from what you have heard on your police scanner that there were 4 injured?" Really?...

ah man, that's terrible. And for what? Nothing in the grand scheme of life.

Time to prosecute the parents.

I mean...how the fuck did he get a gun? Parents don't LOCK their gear up? I mean...I understand wanting to expose your kid to gun safety and all that but that doesn't mean you should trust an emotionally immature child with free-reign access to firearms.

I was not expecting this when I got back from class today. I knew a few kids that went to Chardon. It's really disheartening that something like this happened so close to home and really puts things into perspective.

Listening to a student interview on MSNBC says there were two shooters.

Has it been confirmed the second one shot, or was involved? Most of the time they have been saying there was a shooter and an accomplice, but it was unclear if the second person shot or was even involved. I think he was obtained when he was running away from the school but I think it was unclear if he was involved or just picked up to be safe.

NewFresh

Has it been confirmed the second one shot, or was involved? Most of the time they have been saying there was a shooter and an accomplice, but it was unclear if the second person shot or was even involved. I think he was obtained when he was running away from the school but I think it was unclear if he was involved or just picked up to be safe.

They didn't say, it seems pretty confusing right now.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2012/02/chardon_student_identifies_sho.html

CHARDON, Ohio -- A Chardon High School student died today after a shooting spree that left four others injured, police said.
High school junior Nate Mueller, who was hit in the right ear, identified the shooter as T.J. Lane.

Mueller said he and his friends, including Russell King, Nick Walczak and Demetrius Hewlin, were sitting at their regular cafeteria table when T.J. approached them about 7:30 a.m.
Nate said he heard a gunshot behind him. He turned and felt a sting on his ear.

"My friends were crawling on the floor, and one of my friends was bent over the table, and he was shot," Nate said. "It was almost like a firecracker went off. I turned around and saw [T.J.] standing with a gun and I saw him take a shot."
Nate, who has a scratch on his upper right ear, said he ran out of the building, hid behind a car and called 9-1-1.
Nate said his group was friends with T.J. through middle school, but in high school, T.J. went a separate way.

Russell, he said, had recently started dating T.J.'s ex-girlfriend, who is home-schooled.
"He was silent the whole time," said Nate, who was waiting for a bus to his culinary arts classes at Auburn Career Center. "That's what made it so random."
T.J., he said, normally waits for a bus that goes to Lake Academy, a school in Willoughby that serves at-risk students.

Police have confirmed that there are five victims and that the shooter is in custody.
A 17-year-old-boy and 18-year-old girl are in stable condition at Hillcrest Hospital, a spokeswoman said.

I believe his question was more intended to be "How the fuck does a non-student walk into a school with a gun?"

Small district or limited bussing. It happens a lot in smaller areas. In my highschool the highschool students, middle school students, career center, and delinquit school students all came to the high school then other busses transfered those students to the other schools on different busses. My school also did the same thing with everyone just sitting in the lunchroom until the busses picked those other kids up and for first period to start.

Edit: At least in this situation there were apparently teachers in the area at the time. At my school it probably would have been worse if it ever happened, there were no teachers around the area at that time in the morning, just the lunchroom workers.

I believe his question was more intended to be "How the fuck does a non-student walk into a school with a gun?"

The gun part of the post aside, because Geauga County is a pretty rural community, schools that students didn't attend are often used as hubs to get students from where they live to the schools that they go to. My school was often used as a way of getting elementary school kids from Burton (a nearby community) to a catholic school a decent distance away.

EDIT: Beaten. >.<

How is this hard to believe? I went to a high school in Northern VA that had over 2,000 students. We just walked into the building; it's not like there were people standing by the doors checking us or something. Maybe things have changed post 9/11 (I graduated High School in 2001.)

Ilive1up

when someone is bullied long enough that they commit suicide, they are considered the victim.

but, when someone is bullied long enough that they injure/kill the bullies, they are considered the aggressor.

correct?

How is this hard to believe? I went to a high school in Northern VA that had over 2,000 students. We just walked into the building; it's not like there were people standing by the doors checking us or something. Maybe things have changed post 9/11 (I graduated High School in 2001.)

Chardon isnt a "little" school and i wonder where that post columbine security money went....

when someone is bullied long enough that they commit suicide, they are considered the victim.

but, when someone is bullied long enough that they injure/kill the bullies, they are considered the aggressor.

correct?

This was about a girl according to one of the victims.

It was some scary shit when I heard this on the radio during lunch. Being from Cleveland and having friends who grew up in Chardon, I was concerned for their siblings who are still at the high school. Luckily, their siblings are alright.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
They said he walked around like toigh guy on campus becore he gpt kicked out...for violence.

Found it

yG3tn.jpg

Sure it's really this guy?

I'm a little sceptical, personally.

Kwixotik

lol So there's a TJ Lane with 3 mutual friends on my Facebook who lives in Ohio. It's not the TJ Lane from this shooting.

That's just bad luck.

Edit: And one of the mutual friends is my apartment-mate who I am only on acquaintance terms with. Not sure how I could possibly mention the coincidence without awkwardly explaining how I found it. But the temptation is so great.

Pyrokai

Just so we're all clear: The "other" school was a vocational school of sorts that teaches students OF Chardon High that aren't going on to college. It's a half day sort of thing. It's not a delinquent school.

This is pretty scary stuff. I live in NE Ohio and can't remember a school shooting so close to me.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
CHEEZMO™;35529533 said:
Sure it's really this guy?

I'm a little sceptical, personally.
A CNN anchor just described those photos about 10 min ago. As she was describing them you were my first thought and I said, "Holy Shit."

dorkimoe

Gold Member
"I think he said that he was going to bring a gun to school and I think that everyone just blew it off like he was joking," Erasmus said.

I love how every shooting has this in it. "we just thought he was joking" When will people realize to do something about it instead of just chalking it up to a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom