• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD confirmed for a 12/12 Western release. (PC, PS4, XB1; U$19.99)

televator

I hope the people not buying cause it's not on Switch are single console owners. It's 20 bucks, has beautiful box art, and it's fucking Okami. Hell I'll be buying on platforms I don't own yet.

dreamfall

So what's with the Pro symbol at the end - is there anything for X also? It's funny to see that on game advertisement trailers, I guess I had not been paying attention.

DVCY201

There's an irony in Capcom re-releasing Clover's legacy, given how they shut it down and killed any talent there lol

Gotta make that quick buck

There's an irony in Capcom re-releasing Clover's legacy, given how they shut it down and killed any talent there lol

Gotta make that quick buck

Well tbf this is the 3rd time they've re-released the game, other two times being on Wii and PS3.

And as far as I'm aware, it's the only Clover game they've re-released.

If Okami is profitable enough to keep re-releasing, then why not an Okami 2?? Would it really be that expensive?

Trailer was great!

nelo_inc

What's with all these remasters/remakes/ports (this generation) but specially Capcom, have they fired (all) the people responsible for making sequels or new IPs?

I mean i get that the game didn't sell very well on PS2, around 500K if i recall, then the PS3 remaster and now this?

Only when they get X amount of money will they think about a new game, Clover studios is dead so...no.

StoneFox

If Okami is profitable enough to keep re-releasing, then why not an Okami 2?? Would it really be that expensive?

Trailer was great!

I mean, Okamiden exists but it was a very "okay" game that didn't live up to hype the original. Not sure I want Capcom trying and failing like that again. :p

oh I'm in. Somehow never played Okami before.

Remember this: The game starts slow and remains like that for quite a long time, kinda boring tbh, there's a point that something important happens and after that it opens up and everything just clicks and it's beautiful. :')

You collect games ?

Heck yeah! I still have my copies of Viewtiful Joe (GC) and Okami (PS2) despite not owning consoles to play them on.

Trailer was great!

To be fair, these re-releases are farmed out to external studios IIRC. Paying someone to do an up-rezzed port is quite different from funding a sequel. That's also dependent on them having the time, talent, and ideas for a sequel in the first place. I honestly don't want a proper Okami 2 unless they decide to let Platinum do it.

I mean, Okamiden exists but it was a very "okay" game that didn't live up to hype the original. Not sure I want Capcom trying and failing like that again. :p
Oh wow I forgot about that game LOL. I never got passed the first part IIRC :p

Well, maybe Capcom can do better!

They did with RE. Right? Right?

AgeEighty

Oh wow I forgot about that game LOL. I never got passed the first part IIRC :p

Well, maybe Capcom can do better!

They did with RE. Right? Right?

No interest in a sequel unless they partner with Platinum to make it.

For that matter, I'm not sure there's any good reason to make a sequel at all. The original game had a nicely self-contained story. I'm not sure there's anything more for a sequel to say.

lmbotiva

Does the game have the top and bottom colored bars while playing? Or was this just for the trailer? I have never played this game so i am curious.

ZoronMaro

I was already in, 20 buck means I'm in day one.

Also can't wait to actually get a physical version this time without importing.

For the price, hell I might buy it on PC and PS4, making it 4 times I've brought Okami and I actually don't care because this game is quality.

Hopefully it sells better this time, it certainly deserves to sell well.

zoukka

Not a title I would replay. It was great back in the day, but I can only imagine how boring some of the fetch quest sections and recycling would get.

Still love the game.

Shit, I need to take a long look at the frequency of my purchasing these Capcom ports. I told myself I wasn't going in too deep with these remasters, yet here I am with RE4, 5, 6, Origins, Revelations, Dead Rising, DR2, DMC4 SE and Dragon's Dogma. What the fuck am I even doing...

Shit, I need to take a long look at the frequency of my purchasing these Capcom ports. I told myself I wasn't going in too deep with these remasters, yet here I am with RE4, 5, 6, Origins, Revelations, Dead Rising, DR2, DMC4 SE and Dragon's Dogma. What the fuck am I even doing...

Having fun.

That box art! Looks very similar to the PS3 version, I would like to see a comparison video. Still, day one since it's one of my favourite games ever. Great pricing as well, gg Capcom.

Atolm

Looking at how they're not waving the 60fps flag I assume it's going to be locked 30 due to physics and game logic being tied to framerate.

Top Bottom