• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, so something has to be announced about Bloodborne this year, right?!

There is no real reason for it to get some new version or sequel this year. It would be amazing for me if a high fidelity remaster were to release on Steam though.

P.S. Lies of P is a good game, but also a very different game.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Wasn't a animated tv show in the works? That 4K unlimited FPS PC version would be awesome, but not holding my breath.
The game is a stone cold classic, but so hard to play these days. Dat frame pacing..

Last edited:

Krieger

No, there will never be anything new Bloodborne related, because they lost the original code and don't want to admit it. What other reason would there be to not even offer a "remaster" for $70 for PS5/PC users to double dipp.

cormack12

Gold Member
0Ki0RjtnG9Y2cfP3D82FFVVZH-Y=.gif

Ar¢tos

It's safely locked away in Sony IP vault. It will never never NEVER EVER see the light of day again.

FromSoftware became to big and expensive to be hired to work on a sequel, so the max we will ever get it's a Bluepoint remaster/remake, but they seem to be work on an original game.

It will be forgotten forever along with God of War Ascension and Puppeteer.

Tsaki

Bloodborne remake for 2028 PS6 launch. Cross-gen with PS5 (30fps) PS5 Pro (60 fps) and PS6 (60fps and all graphical features cranked to 11)

GrayChild

With how Bluepoint messed up the art direction of the original Demon's Souls, I wouldn't want them anywhere near Bloodborne.

Is it so damn difficult to just unlock the framerate and upscale the rendering resolution, then sell the same game at an (almost) full price?

Holammer

I'm a PC gamer, but for the love of God, at least give PS5 users a 60fps fix.
It's embarrassing to leave it in its current condition.

Hohenheim

Bloodbourne fans stacking Ls since 2015. It's nearly a decade old. Let it gooooooo
Its one of the best games ever made, so pretty hard to let go when the only way to play it in 2024 is a sub 30fps hell with terrible frame pacing.
Especially when every game and their grandmother gets remastered left and right every day.

Last edited:
Its one of the best games ever made, so pretty hard to let go when the only way to play it in 2024 is a sub 30fps hell with terrible frame pacing.
Especially when every game and their grandmother gets remastered left and right every day.
It's completely fine to play today. People hype themselves up over tech nonsense that has no bearing on the gameplay. The real reason to dislike it is Micolash.

Last edited:

Codes 208

It's completely fine to play today. People hype themselves up over tech nonsense that has no bearing on the gameplay. The real reason to dislike it is Micolash.
Yes, its fine, i wouldnt love it if it werent. Despite that, bloodbornes image quality and forced chromatic abbreviation makes it look like ass by modern standards. I would buy a 4k 60fps ps5/pc remaster/remake/port in a heartbeat if it were ever announced.

Hohenheim

Well, I couldn't disagree more here. The difference between sub 30fps and silk smooth 60/120+ fps is night and day.
Do agree that Micolash is a cunt though!

Sold about as Days Gone and we've seen what happened to that. Not sure whether to hope they make something to shut people up about it or just drink in the tears at another year done without any news.

It's crazy how many big budget games that sell 2 million units ("actually it's 7 million!") get sent to the graveyard never to be seen from again.

But Bloodborne is supposed to be magical or something right?

The current market has made souls games best-sellers. Not remaking / remastering Bloodborne is a gross mistake. There is not any commercial or strategic reason for Sony to drop the ball on this IP. Same applies to Days Gone.

The crazy thing here is to shift the focus on GaaS shooters instead of expanding 2 profitable and well-loved IPs. PS Studios management seems to have lost the plot.

Bloodborne is the new Demon's Souls. There will be no remaster, but the remake will be a PS6 launch title and it won't get ported to PC.

Svejk

If I'd known this would've been basically the only PS exclusive game that Sony did nothing about to enhance on PS5, I would've just continued my playthrough. Was around 80% through it when I halted.. Waited so long now, I might as well continue waiting and/or start over. *Sigh

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just give me simple remaster….I love Bloodborne aesthetics too much to see it changed.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The sales of every Souls game since DS3. The souls like genre is booming, it has gone from niche to mainstream. Today, Bloodborne 2 would be a system seller.

Miyazaki team is gonna be busy with Elden Ring franchise for a long, long time.

Best case scenario- remaster without frame pacing and a few graphics options like turning off the awful CA for a $10 upgrade

More likely scenario - A Bluepoint remake for $70

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The sales of every Souls game since DS3. The souls like genre is booming, it has gone from niche to mainstream. Today, Bloodborne 2 would be a system seller.

What have they been?

Sekiro sold 10 million on 3 platforms. What percentage of those sales were at discount price?

Demons Souls Remaster sold 1.4 million a year after release.

Elden Ring isn't Bloodborne.

The idea that there's a crazy amount of Bloodborne fans who didn't support Demons Souls Remaster seems far fetched to me.

PlayStation doesn't seem interested in making games that sell less than 10 million copies anymore. Bloodborne would struggle to sell 5.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
BB remake/remaster/sequel threads are similar to “This is Xbox’s year” threads.

It ain’t ever gonna happen lol.

It's safely locked away in Sony IP vault. It will never never NEVER EVER see the light of day again.

FromSoftware became to big and expensive to be hired to work on a sequel, so the max we will ever get it's a Bluepoint remaster/remake, but they seem to be work on an original game.

It will be forgotten forever along with God of War Ascension and Puppeteer.
Hey remember Killzone, Infamous, and Resistance ? Since they ain't Cinematic platformers those games are now also memory holed.

Davesky

Can you give an example of this? I enjoyed the Remake and largely thought it was faithful? Maybe its just been too long since I played the original.

Not the soundtrack. The new symphonic direction was okay but it sorely missed the dissonant and chromatic scores from the original and it affected the overall tone and atmosphere of the game.

Top Bottom