• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, so something has to be announced about Bloodborne this year, right?!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What have they been?

Sekiro sold 10 million on 3 platforms. What percentage of those sales were at discount price?

Demons Souls Remaster sold 1.4 million a year after release.

Elden Ring isn't Bloodborne.

The idea that there's a crazy amount of Bloodborne fans who didn't support Demons Souls Remaster seems far fetched to me.

PlayStation doesn't seem interested in making games that sell less than 10 million copies anymore. Bloodborne would struggle to sell 5.
We talked about this before sales number doesn't stop devs making sequel or remaster/remake if they want to.

The big reason we dont see sequel for Bloodborne because FROM moved one from that game.....I LOVE Bloodborne as much as the next guy but not every game needs sequel.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
We talked about this before sales number doesn't stop devs making sequel or remaster/remake if they want to.

The big reason we dont see sequel for Bloodborne because FROM moved one from that game.....I LOVE Bloodborne as much as the next guy but not every game needs sequel.

PlayStation doesn't seem interested in the low ceiling efforts anymore. Shawn Layden isn't at the helm, thank God.

Last edited:

Spyxos

So slowly you can bury this Bloodbourne remake thought. Even though I enjoyed it a lot playing it back then. I would have preferred something new from Fromsoftware.

MiguelItUp

I want to believe, but honestly I lost hope for it a long time ago. I have no idea what they're doing and why it hasn't been approached yet. Can't even release a remastered version with better res, textures, and a stable fps. So many people would buy it. Makes zero sense to me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The starving artist is a stereotype for a reason.
I want to see game even they don't sell high number to exist because those are the games that makes gaming interesting.....Devs like Vanillaware are the ones makes me appreciate gaming and still want them continue makes games even if they dont sell COD numbers.

But I'm guessing you dont care about that, you are far more concern if corporation and CEOs makes money rather than having good time with games.

Last edited:

Beechos

You would think with the ever growing popularity of souls like games and elden ring there would be a bloodborne sequel. I guess it didn't sell well enough for sony to green light.

let it go GIF

Rickyiez

Can you give an example of this? I enjoyed the Remake and largely thought it was faithful? Maybe its just been too long since I played the original.
Check this out

It's a very well made video that points out how Bluepoint destroyed some of the atmosphere and design from the original . Especially in Latria where they introduced a soothing lullaby that completely changed the theme of a prison

Last edited:
Check this out

It's a very well made video that points out how Bluepoint destroyed some of the atmosphere and design from the original . Especially in Latria where they introduced a soothing lullaby that completely changed the theme of a prison

While I agree with maybe a couple of the points made in the video, it still for the most part seems unnecessarily bitchy. It seems like the guy wanted DS: Remastered and not a Remake. 80% of the people who play the game could care less about most of the stuff mentioned. One thing that was mentioned was changing the statue in the Mausoleum of Old King Doran. He says:

This was a decision....and it was an offensive decision really....Its an arrogant decision........This was a clear example of Bluepoint thinking they know better than Miyazaki.....

I mean I get it but "oh the drama". lol. Did not BP didn't get the approval from Miyazaki before completing this Remake?
Another thing mentioned was the color filter changed and that BP added a classic mode filter.

"BP knew what they were doing. The fact that they included the classic mode filter in the remake, they knew that it was different than the original game."

Ya don't say? lol
Seems like the complaints come from people who want to play the original. Which is fine......just play the original..
Not trying to be offensive to you btw. Just my thoughts on the video.

Gojiira

It's safely locked away in Sony IP vault. It will never never NEVER EVER see the light of day again.

FromSoftware became to big and expensive to be hired to work on a sequel, so the max we will ever get it's a Bluepoint remaster/remake, but they seem to be work on an original game.

It will be forgotten forever along with God of War Ascension and Puppeteer.
That just isnt true at all, Sony specifically bought shares in Kadokawa which is From Softwares parent company for the purpose of ip growth among other things. Kadokawa and From know the value of partnering with Playstation.

You’re right (sadly) about Puppeteer though, its a crime that game never got a PS4/5 release or a sequel

njean777

Funny thing is I am playing through bloodborne for a second time, and it is really good. Would love a remaster but the 30fps doesn’t bother me. Going from bloodborne to Elden ring is very hard. Elden ring is so slow and the combat isn’t as fun as bloodborne. I will probably have to wait a bit before going back to Elden ring so I am not trying to play like bloodborne lol.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I don't know... not every great game has to become a franchise or series.

Bloodborne's world was perfectly constructed, but so much of the beauty was stumbling into that universe and gradually finding your footing, the surreal disorientation of this process, etc.

A sequel that revisits that world wouldn't be the same kind of thing at all, by definition. I'm not sure if a sequel could add much... a new game from the developers with a new but similarly unsettling world would probably be more faithful to the spirit of the game.

EDIT - and if the 30fps bothers anyone that much, that you don't enjoy the classic as it was, then I don't really feel that you deserve access to this game in any form

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Shit like this is why we can't have new nice things. Get over it, move on from the 30 fps elitism. Embrace new franchises and games more. The game is nearly perfect as it is, enjoy it for what it is. The game was on PS4, it's not even that old. Let it age alittle already.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Check this out

Making Sense with Sam Harris.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Isn’t Bloodborne the only big Sony game that so far has not received any PS5 treatment at all? It’s just sad. Was so hoping for a 60fps patch…

If Bloodborne were going to get a beautiful current gen 4k60 remake it would have happened already.

I'm afraid, for whatever reason, it's destined to remain forever a PS4 title.

Blood Borne

Given it’s almost a decade since its launch, if Sony does ever rerelease the game again, it’ll be a remake. It’s too old now for a remaster.

PanzerCute

My guess is a propoer remastered in 2025 for the 10 year anniversary of the game.

Sony are not stupid, they know that the game is great for their brand and that it will sell more than decently, especially on PC where people have been asking for it for ages.

Skifi28

According to rumours and leakers, the remastered version of the game has already been out for a couple of years now so things are looking great.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
As if I didn’t have enough reasons to wake up depressed today, you have to go and make this thread.

sobs in 30fps

Regginator

At the risk of coming across as a moron and not getting the joke, but why would you expect something this year? Wouldn't it make more sense to expect something next year when it turns 10?

Also, I'm pretty sure Bloodborne is dead. Otherwise we'd have already seen a PS5-patch by now at the very least. From has moved on to other projects, and I don't think Sony is interested in it all that much. Either because they don't have the right people for such a project, or simply because it's not financially attractive. Because let's not kid ourself, aside from a very vocal minority in an already isolated bubble, which includes me too, I'm not even sure the general PS-audience would care that much about a new Bloodborne.

Top Bottom