• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

marrec

Banned
Just checked his twitter https://twitter.com/JNMogren

I'm honeslty shocked to find out that this account has been active since before last night

In fact he was talking about the phantom pain back in december. His second tweet was about the phantom pain.

This guy is legit. I'm dying to know what his twitter avatar was before this current one.

That Twitter account is legit CG, I've been following it since December.

Exr

Just checked his twitter https://twitter.com/JNMogren

I'm honeslty shocked to find out that this account has been active since before last night

In fact he was talking about the phantom pain back in december. His second tweet was about the phantom pain.

This guy is legit. I'm dying to know what his twitter avatar was before this current one.

I laughed at the "I can't go back to Sweden now".

Kojima is crazy but the good kind of crazy who doesn't have en editor but its all for the better. Bask in the insanity.

SkylineRKR

Phantom Pain was being revealed 2 days before that guy started his twitter. Anyone could do such a thing? Not convinced hes legit.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
To all the doubters that the interview was CG, I would suggest that you pick up the latest issue of Edge Magazine either from a big bookstore or off of the App Store on iOS. The cover story is about the Fox Engine and what they are attempting for next gen. After reading it, it is clear that there is a distinct possibility that this interview (Mogren's side) was rendered in Fox Engine.

Also, the cost for making this interview wouldn't be as huge as people in here are speculating due to it being made on existing and improving tech for their game and that this is clearly part of their marketing strategy.

I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure that the interview was done in Fox Engine, but after reading the crazily ambitious plans that Konami and Kojima have with Fox Engine for next gen and seeing some of what they've accomplished so far, the possibility that this interview was done in Fox is absolutely possible.

Tenrius

Nope. I've seen a lot of CGs in my day, I can tell by the pixels etc. I even watched at 360p which should hide a lot of missing details compared to 1080p. Joakim is the swedish composer.

If so, why does he have a Norwegian accent (according to some people in this thread at least)?

I actually agree it's not likely CG. He is kinda unnatural, but he is just overacting and he has his head bandaged to boot. As for being plasticky, I met even more plasticky looking people in real life. How they manage to look like that is beyond me.

I just want to know why Kojima's obsessed with Keighley. Revealing PP at the VGA's, doing this viral interview with him.... why's he choosing this one outlet to tout his new game?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Reminds me of when some thought the leaked Perfect Dark Zero box art was in engine quality. Instead we got Wall Huy quality. People need to get their expectations in check.

If so, why does he have a Norwegian accent (according to some people in this thread at least)?

I actually agree it's not likely CG. He is kinda unnatural, but he is just overacting and he has his head bandaged to boot. As for being plasticky, I met even more plasticky looking people in real life. How they manage to look like that is beyond me.

The person doing the voice/interview definitely has norwegian as his native language.

Unless... That's what they want us to think since swedes pretty easily can emulate the accent...

majik13

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Cg, i'm convinced.

not sure I see how people are really impressed by this, Still looks way too clean and mechanical. There is no real detail in the visual quality nor the animation. It looks CG through and through. Good CG but still CG.

Also, Joakim is not CG...jesus.

StuBurns

Banned
I've been really down on this whole bullshit reveal thing, but the look on the CG dude's face when he mentioned the Fox Engine was so awesome.

baphomet

It's hard to say. I don't think it really looks like cg, but a lot of things are very strange. This isn't a real interview, it's a video that was sent to game trailers and then the questions recorded separately and spliced in. Obviously the mask is strange. I don't think it's cg, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was.

marrec

Banned
not sure I see how people are really impressed by this, Still looks way too clean and mechanical. There is no real detail in the visual quality nor the animation. It looks CG through and through. Good CG but still CG.

Also that video isn't CG in the sense that they're claiming Joakim is CG in this interview. That video is more about overlaying of the face with advanced mo-cap technology.

I think the eyes and mouth are real, but EVERYTHING else is CG.

Someone analyze the whiteness of the Bandages.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.

Like you said he's acting. He played up the foreign character and made a lot of strange movements. From what I saw though the movements were distinctly human and not CG/mocap.

I could be wrong, probably not though.

SkylineRKR

I just want to know why Kojima's obsessed with Keighley. Revealing PP at the VGA's, doing this viral interview with him.... why's he choosing this one outlet to tout his new game?

images

majik13

Also that video isn't CG in the sense that they're claiming Joakim is CG in this interview. That video is more about overlaying of the face with advanced mo-cap technology.

I think the eyes and mouth are real, but EVERYTHING else is CG.

Someone analyze the whiteness of the Bandages.

the whole face is cg in that, including mouth and teeth. but that is all, nothing else. It would have been great if they would have shown her real face side by side, to see how different they actually where, but they didnt for a reason an obvious reason I guess.

This was part of the same AMD Cinema 2.0 presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5yVjHaJ0PI

Go to the 6 minute mark. That person's face and the animation is entirely convincing. Here's a still image of it:
1218616099334.jpg

Heres a pic of the Emily tech demo as well:
amd_cinema2_0_demo.jpg

The thing about the Emily tech demo is that the Emily model was being driven via a webcam, and could be driven by someone who wasn't the original actor. The other tech demo (first image) was just a straight up 3D capture of the person I believe.

forrest

formerly nacire
Still clearly real to me. I will say, his eye movements and pupils look just like someone who has had their eyes dilated. It's more comfy to keep them closed and seems stressful and hard to open them or keep them open.

Copenap

Ok, so finally got around to watching this and that's 100% just a real dude.

The whole video is really odd though, the sudden ending without any final comment by Geoff and all, was that only in the youtube or is that the whole original video?

Has the fox engine been mentioned before in connectiin with Phantom Paine? If not I guess they just wanted to tease that Kojima is involved with Phantom Paine eventhough that was pretty much known already...

SkylineRKR

Ok, so finally got around to watching this and that's 100% just a real dude.

The whole video is really odd though, the sudden ending without any final comment by Geoff and all, was that only in the youtube or is that the whole original video?

Has the fox engine been mentioned before in connectiin with Phantom Paine? If not I guess they just wanted to tease that Kojima is involved with Phantom Paine eventhough that was pretty much known already...

I think the guy is real, but his accent is ofcourse fake as hell. The fox engine slip up was nicely staged, loved the look on his face.

They brought PP back into the spotlight in which they succeeded, and nothing is heard of Ground Zeroes which fuels the rumor that its one and the same.

cyHls3L.gif

this would be where MormaPope drops the mic.
If you're not convinced after crossing into uncanny valley via that image, you're completely jade..and that's a good thing, impressive showing of fox engine.

*squints*

Wait a minute. That part where he sort of half-blinks looks really, really weird.

I'm not saying its CG, but if that is a real person his face moves in really strange ways.

Have people already suggested that there could be a mix of a real person with CG? It would be pretty fitting. "People couldn't even tell that the shots alternated between real life and Fox Engine!" Even if only that last shot was CG - the only one IMO that looks suspicious - this would be a pretty impressive PR stunt.

Kaiden

Neo Member
Has it been really confirmed that Geoff actually met with this guy? I'm not trying to fall into this conspiracy but it really doesn't seem like they were even close to each other. Either it was edited to make it look this way, or it was pre-recorded and Geoff was dubbed over Swedish guy in his own video.

I'm sure this has already been brought up, but this thread is 20 pages of crazy and I can't sift through all that.

marrec

Banned
Has it been really confirmed that Geoff actually met with this guy? I'm not trying to fall into this conspiracy but it really doesn't seem like they were even close to each other. Either it was edited to make it look this way, or it was pre-recorded and Geoff was dubbed over Swedish guy in his own video.

I'm sure this has already been brought up, but this thread is 20 pages of crazy and I can't sift through all that.

I have some pictures of them together, but Geoff looks totally CG in them.

rvy

Banned
Yeah, a bit surprised, but then I look at Pachter threads and am not.

One of the reasons why I don't use twitter, potentially hurt! ;_;

I don't take it personally, he has better shit to do than respond to me, but I need someone to find some Devil's Third info. I really enjoyed "The final hours of MGS 2". Keighley is alright in my book.

Top Bottom