• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

marrec

Banned
This thread is like the eXistenZ of NeoGAF.

I'm not sure what level I'm on anymore and I need Jude Law to jack into my port.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I too am a creation of the fox engine...

Yay, another one. *throws you onto the pile*

Marrec, we'll be able to throw a party with all these faulty models!

Remember that the see through clothes is part of the awesome Fox Engine caracteristics:

CXy28As.jpg

e4IGXNM.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I must be a heartless bastard cause these videos didn't get a chuckle out of me.

Nah, dont worry. Its completely stupid. But these creep up on you when you dont notice it. I watched the Schadenfreude one with my girlfriend and you'd be surprised at how often we use the incorrect pronunciation :p

javac

Geoff Keighley: When Man created Joakim Mogren, were we trying to create a clone of Kojima?

Kojima: Of course. Gamers can only exist on this Earth. But the Joakim will be able to exist forever, along with the Fox engine that dwells within it. When the Earth, the Moon and the Sun are all gone, Joakim will exist, so long as one gamer remains. It'll be lonely, but as long as one person still lives...

Geoff Keighley: ...it will be eternal proof that gamers ever existed.

After all the marketing push that the Doripope and GTTV interview, I can only imagine the final review score this game is gonna get.

It's completely idiotic and it's a serious reminder that Kojima needs to stop messing around with the MGS Franchise. It's obvious now after MGS:R that the lesser to Kojima's madness the game is exposed, the best the final product is.

If the way he handled his subject wouldnt be so freaking childish, he would get a pass, but after the clusterfuck that was MGS4 well.. I hate using meme images but:

ayee.jpg

Kojima's handling of the subjects comes off as it MGS4 was written by an alternate reality 15 years old version Alex Jones high on energy drinks after a 12 hours viewing binge of conspiracy videos on youtube. It's like he losts touch with reality or something and his scripts are just copypasted subjects. He needs an editor.

The entire MGS franchise has the potential to be such a classic pseudo sci-fi/military video game storyline, but its getting drowned over and over again by Kojima pulling a waddatwist.gif over and over and over again; and it gets worse with every new MGS installement.

You do realize he had to tie up a narrative he never planned as a trilogy let alone a quad. For someone making it up as he went along, it could have been much worse. I feel some people would give it all a pass if Snake
actually killed himself at the end.

Even if this is childish, good for Kojima... I'm glad game makers still have the child in them to play around and to use their creativity to give us something to talk about it. Sure it's pretty obvious, but only because of the internet and detective gaf on the case.

He could have just shown a CG teaser and be done with it like everyone else. The fact that he's working so hard to have fun, just makes it all the more entertaining. Either way we are going to get a trailer, some impressions, and then the game. You can wait for those to be released, or you can join in the fun and speculate.

I want it to be CG to see all the meltdowns (A commercial for the Fox Engine discussion panel...genuis)

These .gifs are gold. Good call on the see through clothing, too. I don't think Joakim was CGI, unless they somehow went into the future and got better tech. I'm loving the ride on the HYPE TRAIN though.

If you don't like the Kojima hijinks, then don't bother posting in the thread. There should be a thread dedicated to the "no-fun-allowed-crowd".

You guys are confusing me, why do you care about this? You already know the game is an MGS game, we've had enough information for that, we already know Kojima is behind it, so why are you even bothering with this viral stunt?

because its fun and cool and interesting and different from the usual PR crap?

These .gifs are gold. Good call on the see through clothing, too. I don't think Joakim was CGI, unless they somehow went into the future and got better tech. I'm loving the ride on the HYPE TRAIN though.

If you don't like the Kojima hijinks, then don't bother posting in the thread. There should be a thread dedicated to the "no-fun-allowed-crowd".

well Kojima Productions speciality is attention to detail.

they are very meticulous

Pagusas said:
You guys are confusing me, why do you care about this? You already know the game is an MGS game, we've had enough information for that, we already know Kojima is behind it, so why are you even bothering with this viral stunt?

"Is Joakim real", is the new time waster.

Is it all one big setup for Kojima's speech at GDC?

If it is shown to be CG at GDC what will you guys convinced it isn't say about it?

It would be more interesting to see what those who think it's CG has to say if it's proven to be otherwise.

Probably along the lines of, "Hah, we're just yanking yer chains, guise, and you all bought it."

javac

Joakim Mogren for president!

Honestly if Joakim really was CG in this interview then Kojima officially created a real-time engine capable of replicating face models better than any movie released to date.

Top Bottom